You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.. unfortunately no picture of me wearing the attire.. yet. But... FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY I got that bleedin' quilted petticoat done! Took me a bleedin' year and a half off and on to work on it.

So... here it is. Mostly handsewn except at the verticle seams of the skirting for reasons of strength but the waistband of it is handsewn completely. The quilted part is all handsewn... the hem, alas, is machine sewn but I may change that.

Petticoat1.jpg

The picture doesn't do it justice. Ye might be able to click on it and enlarge it to get some inkling of the design on the skirting of the petticoat.

This is made to match a gown I'm making with it of matching fabric. Alas, I haven't gotten far with it it cause I still don't know whether to make it a Robe a la Francais or a Robe a la Anglaise. Tough, tough decision. :lol:

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

After a little hiatus I am back and with better pictures this time of a mostly completed kit when I attended the New London Pirate Festival. Any tips or advice on the state of my kit would be much appreciated, both good and bad...I can take it (I think lol) Send it to me in a PM :) and without further hesitation.....

l_cedcdec457a24d2c9e3c1adce5ef2e33.jpg

Kicking back a few pints with friends (by the way, pay no mind to the cheesy name tag :unsure: )

l_dcc87eaa4a654d39a7f694d7f816e28d.jpg

Standing in front of the judges for the costume contest....LadyBrower took 2nd place, which was impressive given she and I were the only "period correct" pirates in the contest... I'll let her post her own pictures :-P

and finally.....

l_dace68bee94b409ba054888c06242ce2.jpg

Decent picture methinks ;-)

m_88912d35e54b4e34952d9677df54b55f.png

Half Moon Marauders

Irish Diplomacy... is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

me at Military thru the Ages, this is my third attempt and i think im getting alot better at hand sewing(i wish you could see the others lol) any tips/comments would be GREATLY appreciated. (oh and i know the spatterdashers are not supposed to be cotton.......im just hiding my shoes lol)

gallery_10369_96_13697.jpggallery_10369_96_46987.jpg

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

me at Military thru the Ages, this is my third attempt and i think im getting alot better at hand sewing(i wish you could see the others lol) any tips/comments would be GREATLY appreciated. (oh and i know the spatterdashers are not supposed to be cotton.......im just hiding my shoes lol)

Damn, that is an awesome job! You look great!

Michael_banner.jpg

Damn, that is an awesome job! You look great!

thank goodness he stopped carrying that uncovered axe on his back! Looks like you're still spending time in williamsburg, pretty good reggie! we gonna see you at the festival this year?

Kian... ye look fabulous, good sir. :unsure: I think ye look right proper and shan't state more cause nothin' more needs t' be said. None t' worry, no harsh words t' say nor criticism about yo'r attire, again, it's fabulous. Only criticing, is the ones we place upon ourselves. And that from the Captain of whatever Crew we join. :unsure:

Tignor... ye look great as well. Astonishing, my good man. Don't mind those spladerdashers, I think they look fetching. :)

Kudos to ye both, gents. Fits in right nice ye do. I pray shall cross paths with either of ye in th' future.

And thank ye mighty kindly, Matt. I may wear it... I may not.

~Lady B

Master McBrian,

I can see you've been very busy! Over all...a very pressive job! So, did you win anything? I splendid job

Mr. Tignor,

Amazing work of it and good color choices. Axe?! I see no axe, Dutch? You guys and your accessories?! :unsure:

Lady B,

You're petticote...Goodness! What a labor of love! Great Job.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Ooops...(Insert something witty here)

:::Runs up to Sterling, covers the Captain's mouth::: Shh!

::Eyes Dogge with a wicked glare. And the other gents::: Not's a word! M' mind is already trying NOT t' run rampant.

:::Smiles at Cheeky::: Bound t' happen, some smart-arse remark, aye? :::nods to all the gents:::

And thank ye, lass. Labor of love... ehh, more ultimate patience it was. :)

~Lady B

Is Russian pine sap PC?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Now I just need to get over to twill and see what else I would be needing to make it into an Authentic camp, which is my final goal....again, any suggestions or help would be much appreciated. Even if its simply steering me in the right direction....Fair Winds!!

Half Moon Marauders

Irish Diplomacy... is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

Now I just need to get over to twill and see what else I would be needing to make it into an Authentic camp,

What time period are you working on? there are a few threads in TWILL about period camping.... (unfortunately some of them get bogged down with discussions of exact documentation of a specific item) so you will read more than you might have been looking for.... :wacko:

Also check out some of the post in the PiP threads....

Experimental Archeology at it's best..... :lol:

These are just some of the threads Patrick was speaking of...

Getting tentage ready for PIP

https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=10076

The Buccaneer Project

https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=4392

Campaign Furniture

https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13833

wooden firebox

https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=12362

Period correct tools

https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=12573

GAOP Encampment

https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=7305

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

wow, those links are awesome. I plan on perusing alot of them, but my main concern right now is my kit as it stands lol. I know I have most of the stuff, just trying to figure what else I am missing....I believe that may require another thread methinks :unsure:

Half Moon Marauders

Fine image, Morgan. Oddly, ye appear headless there - head with no body. :)

~Lady B