It's a Boy!!!!!!!!!

Wel, for those of you who don't know me from the Raleigh Ren Faire or Pirates in Paradise, my name is Chris Suttle, aka Capt. Scurvy, adn before I shaved off teh beard I used to be Blackbeard. After a lot of worry, some really stressfull complications early on (my wife had ovarian cancer a few years ago) we found out today that our baby is quite healthy and I also got to find out the sex today! It's gonna be a boy!!!!!!!! So here's why I'm putting this up here, need some suggestions for pirate baby clothes adn costume ideas. Any patterns that you might know about, or evena website with infant or toddler period clothing. I'm having a hard time finding any. Any suggestions would be wonderful. Oh yeah, I'm also turning the nursery into a kid themed pirate room, looking kind of like the inside galley of a ship or a pirate tavern. As it comes along I'll post some pictures for eveyone ot see.

:D

Congrats, mate! I'm no decorator, but a decent craft or hobby store (Michael's or Hobby Lobby if you have those by you) have inexpensive models of sailing ships, and a pirate map printed on parchment paper (found on eBay or smithsonian museum web store) framed in rough looking wooden frame (wal-mart, target) are always cool... mebbe a storm lantern type light fixture... I'm interested in seeing pics and hearing ideas!!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

When I was at Target the other day, I found shower curtains, towels, rugs, and other things with sail boats on them.. and not bad prices. Also Hobby Lobby has some great sales on things like that for decorating..

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

If you really ambitious, they have a all set of wallpaper to make your own giant pirate ship with cannon ports, crows nest, sails, sky background and pirates on deck. Looks complicated, but would be outstanding to see in place. :D

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

In terms of patters, I took a quick look at simplicity.com, and found a few.. but nothing too pirate-y. You'd have to be doing some changes. Here are the sites I found.

http://www.simplicity.com/index.cfm?cat=4&...=20&sec=0&id=74

(It may not look it, but if ye click on 5909, there be shirt patterns for a wee one)

And also:

http://www.simplicity.com/index.cfm?cat=4&...=21&sec=0&id=80

(that one has toddler boy's costumes but you'd definitely change the color and alter them a bit, methinks)

Oh- and ebay is a great great place.

Congrats and good luck, mate. ^_^

"Dum Spiro Spero"- "While I breathe, I hope"

Oh, a pirate baby!! Congratulations! Me boys were born before I was pirate-obsessive, so they had all bunnies and Winnie-the-Pooh nurseries -- I'm hopin' they'll still turn out OK. :huh: Ye can check out more wallpaper here:Lind Wallpaper

and cute bedding (fer when he's a bit older, maybe) here:CompanyKids

Best wishes to ye, mate! :huh:

A new powder monkey be boardin soon. My best to ye and yer misses.

Barbados Jack

**** When daylight fades, Darkness prevails****

** Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez **

" We sail within a vast sphere, Ever drifting in uncertainty, Driven from end to end"

- Pascal-

Congratulations! The world needs more pirates!

Avast, ye limey lubber! Didn't ye think if Scarlet Jenny (Cutthroat Lass, Scourge o' the Seas, Deadly Duchess o' the Deep) hated ye, ye'd be sliced, skinned an' sunk to Davey Jones' locker? Aaaar! Ye would, and ye'd better start believin' it

Congratulations! I'm a new Mom myself: young William is 6 weeks old today. (Which explains why I haven't visited this forum in a long time.)

One of my friends sewed him a pirate theme quilt. Oh wait, you all know her: Jamaica Rose Barton, AKA Christine Lampe. :lol: She found Tampa Bay Buccaneer printed fabric that just says Buccaneers on it, and other fabric with skulls, and combined this with red fabric and fronts from pirate theme T-shirts. She also put loops on the back so I can display it as a hanging. It's terrific!

If you know anyone who is crafty this way, you might want to hint that such a quilt would be a lovely prezzy!

Melusine de la Mer

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I says it's never too early to get a child accustomed to skulls and weapons. Plus, they say babies only sees in black & white, so the Jolly Roger or other flag would fit right in. Once they start to see color, I'd introduce the drippin blood.

:lol:

BYW, why do they call ye"Capts Curvy Screw"?

A big rousin' congrats!!! *fires cannon* Nothin' gets me like when a wee baby pyrate is born int' the world... second-generation pyrate! What a lucky boy! :lol:

Here, I found a few things. Pirate ship bath toy.

Pirate pijamas.

Fer the older boy, Imaginext pirate toys.

Good luck to ye in the future and congrats again!

Captain Wolfy Wench

Arrrrr, a wee bairn t'join the crew! A toast t'yer healthy child and wife, matey. :lol:

I know me own cabin boy likes Captain Feathersword o'the Wiggles. There be many fine pieces o'treasure fer wee pirates there. Check e-Bay or the Wiggles own web site.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

A 21 gun congrats to ye!! :ph34r:

May ye have a happy and healthy family across every horizon ye sail to.

I have a 3rd comin meself and let me say that the thrill, she never goes away.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Thanks to you all fer yer kind words and well wishing. We just finished getting the news from the doctor, the baby is is a little bit big for 19 weeks, but not large enoug to worry about gestational diabeties. Although I am making my wife Stacy stay off her feet as much as possible. I like the wall paper ideas, but I think I'm gonna paint the walls myself, just to o give it a more personal touch. I've paintedmurals for the stae of North Carolina, private buisnesses, even a pirate museum, but I think this will be the most rewarding artwork I've ever done. Hopefully I will see some of you if I get to make it to either morhead or hampton, but all depends on time and finances.

*screams*

Congratulations!!!!

*running hug*

You HAVE to buy him a tri-corner hat or I'll never forgive you!

Do you have a name for him yet?

*jumps up and down*

that's soooooo exciting!!! I love it when people have kids!

Me grandson has been a pirate since he was fished up on land. He's never without his piratey clothes on, but it's a high quality Halloween costume. Not overly authentic, but he looks and feels good in it! I've had to resew the belt three times from wear. You can get them for a pretty young little scamp, and I venture to say for an infink (thanks Popeye). Anyway, I don't think authentic clothing for a baby would be very piratical, since the kid would wear a christening gown type thingy, I would imagine. ..........Congratulaions!

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

You HAVE to buy him a tri-corner hat or I'll never forgive you!

I think tri-corne britches be more in order fer now lass. An 'ere be a round on me in honour o' the proud papa. Congradualations Capt'n.

I think, therefor I am. Or maybe I just think I am.

We have decided on a name, Ethan william Suttle. Oh, I completly forgot to say my wifes name earlier, her name is Stacy, adn while she be not of the same pirate stock as the rest of us, she's learning to like it. Hopefully we'll get to see some of you in Morhead or hampton festival. Thanks again for all your wonderful words of congrats and joy. Of all the things I've accomplished in my life, this will defenitly be teh greatest of all my adventures.

Here is my FREE advice to new parents:

1. MOM does not mean Made Of Money.

2. NO is a complete sentence. Period.

3. You are trying to grow a good adult, you are not there to entertain or spoil them.

4. Life is NOT fair, deal with it when they are young.

5. If you have to count to three for them to listen to you, then they will get hit when they are in the street.

6. Discipline is not a bad word; it means you will behave in one way...and you expect them to behave that way too.

7. A punishment should only last as long as the age/per minute. 3 minutes for a three year old is maximum.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg