Big Bear Pirate Faire

Black Hearted Pearl

Big Bear Pirate Faire

The Big Bear Valley Renaissance Society, Inc., is having it's First annual Big Bear Pirate Faire June 2nd & 3rd 2007 on the NORTH SHORE ON THE LAKE!!!

We will have the "Time Bandit" pirate ship involved in our activities.

There will be sailings & treasure hunts both on Land & Sea (lake) for all age's.

There will be ship to shore battle re-enactments and battles on the beach, court martial & court re-enactments, stage shows, shopping and food!!

All profits go to the youth of the Valley for educational endeavors. Some activities at additional charge.

Mark your calendars!

PIRATE FAIRE June 2nd & 3rd, 2007

10am to 6pm

Free Parking & Shuttle

TICKET PRICES

Adults: $15

Adult weekend pass: $26

Seniors (55+)/ Military with ID $12

Children 6-12: $12

Senior/Military/Child

weekend pass: $20

Children 5 and under: FREE

Tickets on sale at the gate. Advanced tickets can be purchased by calling 1-800-4-BIG-BEAR.

Sail on 'the Time Bandit' Pirate Ship $ 10.00

Sail Departures:

• 10:30

• 12 NOON

• 1:15

• 4:00 - Treasure Hunt $25.00

with Real Treasure

Times & space subject to change

Children's Treasure Hunts times listed in program $3.00 Fee

Children's arts & crafts area minimal fee for some activities

1556488838_l.jpg

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Why follow the signs to faire. Shouldn't be too difficult; it will be where everyone else is heading. B) If ye get lost, listen for the cannons and watch for the smoke. <_<

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hopefully, I'll be there working as gunner's mate on the Time Bandit.

Keep a 'blast-eye' fer Limey Toe's Up with his 'hand cannon' an' meself with me 'lady's hand-cannon' givin' ye grief from shore, Pearl! :P

It be a new 'aquisition'...me former vict--erm--client had no more use fer it...he he he he :D

"Don't worry, it's not My Blood!"

Keep a 'blast-eye' fer Limey Toe's Up with his 'hand cannon' an' meself with me 'lady's hand-cannon' givin' ye grief from shore, Pearl! :D

It be a new 'aquisition'...me former vict--erm--client had no more use fer it...he he he he :P

:P:P

Aye, that I will. Ye shall have a return shot aimed at ya. ;)

~Black Hearted Pearl

• 2 weeks later...

The event was twice as big as last year as word of mouth expands this event. The twice daily black powder battles were tremendous and the Time Bandit sailed away victoriously after every battle.

The days were warm, but the nights were cool and clear. The moon glittered off the water with a soothing glow. The crowds were delighted and I know I spent a bit of coin, especially at the Poppin Grog (donuts and kettle corn, evil combination).

Look for next year for it to grow even more.

m_05f3173656918a67fa06312ab42f90e4.jpg

~Black Hearted Pearl