RF3

Capt. Sterling

I wouldn't advise backing out of PiP this year for RF3... being in Gettysburg, PA, ACW folks should come out in large numbers... if the ACW folks of the midwest were against having pirates attend RF2, I can't image the die hearts on the east will like us any better...

I'm not worried about CW reenactors. The Pirate Brethren is composed of people who have reenacted practically every time period that has been reenacted, from Roman to WWII. If anything, sounds like the perfect place to do some recruiting!

if the PB does come out for it, then perhaps the crew might come but I cannot give the order for them to do so unless Blackjohn's group is set upon it... 

If the discussion on the Pirate Brethren forum is any indication, sounds like we are going to turn out in force.

:lol::lol: :)

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackjohn,

You have nothing to worry about. I read the emails from these slandered CW reenactors and they were decidedly misquoted. No one at Reenactor Fest has or ever had any problem with Pirate reenactors.

Kass

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

If anything, sounds like the perfect place to do some recruiting!

Oh it is, we picked up two lovely new lasses, Blaze our new surgeon, who is also second in command for running the RF events and a wonderful chap, and about five Soviets for seamen... which reminds me, need to ask Pete to follow up on them.

if the PB does come out for it, then perhaps the crew might come but I cannot give the order for them to do so unless Blackjohn's group is set upon it... 

If the discussion on the Pirate Brethren forum is any indication, sounds like we are going to turn out in force.

:lol::lol: :)

Good to hear! Talk about the ball btw, is that it is a toss between that and the Historical Jeopardy game, with strong leanings toward the ball. Problem seems to be that they can only get the inhouse ball room for one night and that is Friday... they may have to look outside the hotel but they are working on it. Will keep you posted for yer ladies!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Blackjohn,

You have nothing to worry about.  I read the emails from these slandered CW reenactors and they were decidedly misquoted.  No one at Reenactor Fest has or ever had any problem with Pirate reenactors.

Kass

Obviously you have not seen nor read the emails that I received and still have... so....never the less it no longer matters as the pirates, along with the great support of the event coordinators proved their worth at RF2 well and above the protests. So in the end all were happy

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

RF III forges ahead. The Mike's are still trapped in Baltimore. Flight cancelled yesterday, today as well. Hopefully we will get out on Thursday, the delay is getting on our nerves. We went to the hotel on Monday and took the tour. One of the problems with setting up RF III is the dates. There is a limited number of weekends where we can book the hotel. To be precise, there's one. The hotel is booked solid otherwise and schedules conflict as well as that being a "dead" time for the majority of the entire reenactment community out east. Having talked to the locals at Gettysburg they state the weather is still cooperative out there for being outside. We ate at a restaurant that is in a vintage 1776 era building in the town Monday night. Quiet, quaint and they dress in period garb and all. Was an experience drinking at a bar that's 160 years old. Despite the snow and cold we walked the battlefield yesterday and climbed to the summit of Little Round Top. It's something to walk over and commune with such a hallowed ground of our nation's history. To get RF III ( east ) off the ground we have to take what there is. If we were independently rich, more options would be open. Sadly, we're not, so we take what we can get. Contract's to be discussed, options weighed........much to do..........

Drinking in a hotel in Baltimore, waiting to get back to the Windy City.....Blaze / Croaker

RF III forges ahead. The Mike's are still trapped in Baltimore. Flight cancelled yesterday, today as well. Hopefully we will get out on Thursday, the delay is getting on our nerves. We went to the hotel on Monday and took the tour. One of the problems with setting up RF III is the dates. There is a limited number of weekends where we can book the hotel. To be precise, there's one. The hotel is booked solid otherwise and schedules conflict as well as that being a "dead" time for the majority of the entire reenactment community out east. Having talked to the locals at Gettysburg they state the weather is still cooperative out there for being outside. We ate at a restaurant that is in a vintage 1776 era building in the town Monday night. Quiet, quaint and they dress in period garb and all. Was an experience drinking at a bar that's 160 years old. Despite the snow and cold we walked the battlefield yesterday and climbed to the summit of Little Round Top. It's something to walk over and commune with such a hallowed ground of our nation's history. To get RF III ( east ) off the ground we have to take what there is. If we were independently rich, more options would be open. Sadly, we're not, so we take what we can get. Contract's to be discussed, options weighed........much to do..........

Drinking in a hotel in Baltimore, waiting to get back to the Windy City.....Blaze / Croaker

We know you all are doing your very best! Keep us posted and we hope you get home soon! Things are supposed to freeze up again tonight so play it as safe as you can! As for all that drinking... is that such a bad thing? ;):lol::lol::D

Crewe of the Archangel

Here's to ya Croaker! :lol:

You fellas have a safe trip back!

All I know is RF3 is going to be a blast and I already have off for that weekend!!!

BTW: With more than 2 weeks to build what I need.... The rest of the ship should be done by then!!! :lol:

Rats!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Would be nice to have the new "tentage" done by then as well.... wonder how much space demos will be able to acquire this time around...

Crewe of the Archangel

• 2 weeks later...

By RF3 I should have more tavern and probably an area for hammocks???

Actually I would like to have an area just for arms and display stuff, then an area just for us.

By next year, we could easily fill that whole wing if the opportunity was given. Also, if we could close off that wing, so traffic wasn't strolling through, we could fill that whole corner and still have demo areas???

I'm also wondering about the rev war unit who had the very nice cannons?? Anyone have a contact point??

Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

I bet Croaker might know...

Crewe of the Archangel

• 1 month later...

Updated Info for those interested in RF3 - Gettysburg, PA

November 30 - December 2nd, 2007

at the Eisenhower Hotel, Conference Center & Resort

Reenactor Fest is thrilled to be adding another convention date to our calendar in historic Gettysburg!

When you think of historical reenacting, few locations spring to mind as quickly as Gettysburg. The town and historic battlefields cater to reenactors and history buffs, and the Eisenhower hotel is right there in Gettysburg itself... mere minutes from the fields where the din of battle changed our Nation forever.

You'll love your time at the convention too! The vendor hall, seminars, live music and demonstrations, the Grand Ball, nightly parties, and the electricity in the air that only happens when you bring so many great reenactors together in one spot!

Reenactor Fest is open to the public, and has stuff for all ages to see and do. Kids 10 and under get in free!

Adult Admission is only:

$15 for one day

$20 for two days

$25 for all three days

Discounted room rates of $87 per night are available for Reenactor Fest attendees at the Eisenhower. Make sure you ask to stay in EISENHOWER TWO, the newer part of the resort complex.

Eisenhower Hotel - RF3

Sutlers should email us HERE right away if you wish to have a table. Space is very limited this year and many tables are already pre-sold to prior Reenactor Fest sutlers.

Remember, if you like to take part in RF3s event, book early!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Midwest Reenactors fear not! You ask...I would love to go to RF3, but it's just too far. A plane ticket is expensive and driving is just too far....

We've got you covered! Let us do the driving for you! Click on the link below...a wonderful way to go!

Roll up...Roll up for the Tour...!

The Magical History Tour

Member of "The Forsaken"

delete

Crewe of the Archangel

• 2 weeks later...

Attention Midwest Lords & Ladies -

The official registration for the charter bus trip to Reenactor Fest 3

(Gettysburg) has begun, and there are only 50 seats available! We have secured a pick up spot in Wheaton IL at Wheaton College. The bus will depart there at 7:00 pm the evening of Thursday November 29 and arrive in Gettysburg the next day. It departs early Sunday morning and gets everybody back to Wheaton Sunday night. This is the CHEAPEST and most fun way to attend RF3... the most practical too if you have stuff the airport will frown on, like SWORDS!

Trip highlights:

- a 60 person passenger coach full of reenactors from all time periods

- bathroom on-board

- multiple TV screens and a DVD player so we can watch our own movies (60 people saying lines from the Holy Grail at once??)

- alcohol is permitted

- a total cost of $129.99 and this includes a 3 day pass to RF3!

The Chicago Reenactor Fest is awesome, but if you haven't been to Gettysburg, you are really missing out! The whole town caters to reenactors and history buffs, and the hotel is 5 minutes from everything. A private bus tour of the battlefield for RF3 guests is in the works, so a lack of a car won't stop you from experiencing it! Let's not forget the CONVENTION ... we have a giant ballroom full of vendors, live entertainment, plus the seminars and discussions we all enjoy so much. Friday night is the grand ball and Saturday night is another party just for RF3 attendees.

I need to turn the final head count into the bus company by June 1st, so

please don't delay in signing up. ALSO... please pass this along to anybody you know who may be interested!

Important links:

The Magical History Tour

Reenactor Fest

When was the last time you went on a Road Trip?? Roll up, roll up for the

Magical History Tour!!

Member of "The Forsaken"

• 1 month later...

UPDATE - BUS TO GETTYSBURG - CANCELLED

Due to the lack of response along with the low number of seats sold by the deadline date, the Magical History Tour Bus for midwest reenactors going to Gettysburg, PA for Reenactor Fest III has been cancelled.

Those of you who have signed up for this, please contact ReenactorFestinfo regarding this matter.

Thank you.

Cheeky

Member of "The Forsaken"

• 2 months later...

Lads & Lasses -

Reenactor Fest III - Gettysburg is offering a two hour bus tour of the Gettysburg battlefield on the Saturday. The bus would pick everybody up at the hotel and drop them off there 2 hours later. It will seat 40-45 passengers. The cost will be about $20 a person.

Let's hear from you! If you are interested, please email reenactorfest@aol.com for additional information.

Member of "The Forsaken"

The Saturday night party is going to be a "historical jam" that is

hosted by the Battlefield Balladeers (civil war music).

Any TALENTED person can play a song, sing a group song, play the bag pipes, harp, whatever. Guitarists should bring their own instrument. This will happen during the Balladeers breaks. So bring your best and show off your talent! This should make the party more diverse and interesting! All of this music will be going on in conjunction with a cash bar and tables and chairs!

Member of "The Forsaken"

You mean folks don't have to bring their own barrels??? :o

Crewe of the Archangel

UPDATE FOR REENACTOR FEST 3 - SCHEDULE OF SEMINARS AND SUTLERS

Here is the current (not complete) list of Seminars and Sutlers for RF3. This list is subject to change.

Seminars:

How to get involved in early period reenacting

Aviation and Reenacting

German tactics in 1918

15th and 16th Century Arms and Armor

US Christian Commission in the American Civil War

Interacting with the Public 101

Historical Film making

A History of Landknecht Mercenary Knights

Reenactors in film

Ladies Fashion in the 18th Century

Sutlers

Mike Kaplan: historical wigs

Lara Corsets & Gowns: Period Ladies Accessories

Mrs. Christen's Miscellanea: Reproduction 18th Century Ladies items

Smoke & Fire Company: Colonial / Early American Books and Supplies

The Watchdog: Civil war Books

Tyoga Traders: 18th Century Tin & Related items

Grigsby Militaria: WW2 Reenactment Uniforms, Gera, Insignia and more

Crimson Books: Osprey series book seller and similar

Jewlers Daughter: Mid-Victorian Reproduction Jewelry

Big Horn Trading Co: hats & Leather Goods

Revolution Wear: American Revolution themed Baseball hats, polo shirts, tee shirts, stickers and more

Blanket Brigade: Civil War & Rendevous clothing

Druid's Oak: 18th Century Clothing

LaWren's Nest: Roman reenacting supplies

Raystown Forge: 18th Century Shoes, swords, glassware, pottery & more

Reconstructing History: Patterns, historical clothing, accessories and more

Soldier and war: WW2 themed shirts, mugs, hats and more

Old Paratrooper: WW2 GI reenacting supplies

Skirmish Magazine: The UK Reenacting Magazine

Smoking Iron Alterations: 18th Century clothing and kit

Turkey Roost Traders: Women's clothing and accessories from the Colonial period

Dutchie's Militaria: WW2 Reenacting Supplies

Castle Keep: Colonial, Civil War and WW2 Reenacting Supplies

Lost Vikings Horde: Clothing and kit for Viking reenactors

Wyvern Productions: Medieval Clothing and accessories

Member of "The Forsaken"

• 1 month later...

Seminar Updates for RF3 - Gettysburg, PA Event

Here is a tentative seminar schedule for Reenactor Fest 3.

Friday

5:00 - 6:00: Stephen Pasker (Interacting with the Public)

7:00 - 8:00: Rebecca Tulloch (Reenactors in Film)

Saturday

9:00 am - 10:00: John Seidts (Reenacting Historical Aviation)

10:15 - 11:15: Angela Burnley (Clothing and Textiles in the South 1765 - 1782)

11:30 - 12: 30: John Wega (US Christian Commission in the Civil War)

12:45 - 1:45: Roger Bechtel (15th Century Arms and Armor)

2:00 - 3:00: Gottfried Dulias (Memories and Experiences of a Luftwaffe Pilot

on the Russian Front)

3:15 - 4:15: Stephen Pasker (Interacting with the Public)

4:30 - 5:30: Kevin Hershberger (Historical Filmmaking)

Sunday

9:00am - 10:00: Rebecca Tulloch (Reenactors in Film)

10:15 - 11:15: Gottfried Dulias (Memories and Experiences of a Luftwaffe

Pilot on the Russian Front)

11:30 - 12:30: Roger Bechtel (How to Get Involved in Early Time Periods)

12:45 - 1:45: Mike MacNeil (Royal Navy Uniforms and Kit)

Member of "The Forsaken"

SPECIAL GUESTS at RF 3 - Worth a look!

Kevin R. Hershberger

Kevin is founder and President of LionHeart FilmWorks, LLC. With partner D.J. Perry the company produced the award-winning dramatic, Korean War-set short film "The Nest" (1999) ­ which aired on PBS and which has recently been released on DVD. Kevin next wrote and directed LionHeart's multi-award-winning feature film, "Wicked Spring" (2001) -- An epic character study of lost soldiers during the American Civil War. "Wicked Spring" has already won two awards for 'Best Cinematography' and Kevin's awards include 'Best Director' and 'Best Action Feature' at the 2002 New York International Independent Film Festival.

Rachel Evans

Rachel is the creator and editor of SKIRMISH magazine, the world's #1 living history magazine (based in the UK but available in the US). Rachel is a pioneer in the hobby and is involved in many creative reenacting outlets, including film and literature. We are again honored to have Rachel and the "Skirmish gang" joining us again!

Stephen Pasker

In addition to being the Executive Director and CEO of Autumn Tree Productions, LLC, he plays Gustav of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, serves as Associate Director and Fight Choreographer of the Vermont Renaissance Festival, directs and writes for the Connecticut Renaissance Faire and aids in the direction and writing of ATP, LLC's other independent acts. Stephen is a costumer of renown ability and a master at arms. Reenactor Fest is honored to be associated with Stephen and his tremendous troupe!

Gottfried P. Dulias

We are honored to have WW2 Luftwaffe pilot Gottfried P. Dulias as our special guest at Reenactor Fest 3 in Gettysburg. Herr Dulias scored 5 combat victories before being shot down and taken prisoner by the Russians in March 1945. After nearly three years of imprisonment, Dulias was released and returned to his family on 4 January 1948. He moved to the United States in March 1953 with his wife Hedwig (Hedi) and established a home in a small town on Long Island where he continues to reside. In 2004, he co-authored the story of his life in a book titled Another Bowl of Kapusta. He now enjoys spending time at World War II events where he takes part in historical reenactments.

Member of "The Forsaken"

UPDATED 10-13-07 - SEMINAR SCHEDULE for RF3 - Gettysburg

Friday

Stephen Pasker (Interacting with the Public)

Rebecca Tulloch (Reenactors in Film)

Saturday

John Seidts (Reenacting Historical Aviation)

John Wega (US Christian Commission in the Civil War)

Kass McGann (Women in Medieval thru Colonial Reenacting)

Angela Burnley (Clothing and Textiles in the South 1765 - 1782)

Roger Bechtel (15th Century Arms and Armor)

Gottfried Dulias (Memories and Experiences of a Luftwaffe Pilot on the Russian Front)

Stephen Pasker (Interacting with the Public)

Kevin Hershberger (Historical Filmmaking)

Sunday

Rebecca Tulloch (Reenactors in Film)

Gottfried Dulias (Memories and Experiences of a Luftwaffe Pilot on the Russian Front)

Roger Bechtel (How to Get Involved in Early Time Periods)

Mike MacNeil (Royal Navy Uniforms and Kit)

Member of "The Forsaken"