Tragic Loss

Coastie04

I just found out that during the September hurricane that hit Halifax, the junk-rigged schooner Larinda went down. enhanceBCtoo.jpg

Many might recognize the unique figurehead of a frog in uniform holding a brass telescope.

frog.gif

Apperantly, the ship was struck by an unmanned vessel that broke free of its moorings. All the crew got off safely. For more information, go to:

Save Larinda

smstern.jpg

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

I hate hearing that. I wish them luck and calmer waters.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

always a tragety when a ship goes down.

hope the salvage goes well.

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

Tis never a glad story when a bonny lass sails the surface no more. I raise my tankard to sucess in raising her from Neptune's grasp.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

• 1 month later...

The site currently says the ship has been sold and the site is being shut down. Any new info anyone?

Z ;)

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

I hope they do. Besides having a right wondrous figurehead (love the frog) -- the ship looks to be a beauty. Here's hoping they can save her.

Very glad, however, to hear that the crew all made it t' safety.

I am now "Captain Charlotte Savvy." Sorry for any confusion -- I'll only be making this user-name change this once! :)

• 1 month later...