New POTC3 pics & video clips.

Silver Steele

:P I have had the Barbossa scowling at Jack pic for some time now as my screen saver. But I think I will switch it now to the wheel shot...that is classic! :P

I have the Barbossa and Jack shot at the helm as my desktop background. It's such a funny pic, I laugh when I see it, good stuff! :P

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Disney has finaly caught on to how to play this.......

"slip" a few photos.............

Do thier Priemer of the trailler...... :lol: Yah... Tails of the Seven Seas will be in San Fransico doing that.....

I just kinda find it funny.....

Have a "Special Event" show a movie we all own on vidio or DVD ... but pay to go see it again, just to see the trailler .....

Get all the fans worked-up for the May release........(so they tell all thier friends)........

BRILLIANT........... :lol:

Never was a Trekkie,

I wasn't a trekie either.... but I was a huge Klingon Fan..... How can you take yourselt too seriously when you got a chunka rubber glued to your forehead...... but the trekkies (I heard they now wanna be called treckers..... tough luck that name has already been taken by Historical reenactors that do period camping

Anyway... most treckies were(and probably still are ) dweebs...... the Klingons just ignored them......

Does Playing Pyrate make us "cool " tho......

I've run into some "dweeb" Pyrates....

But by th' grace O God...... not to many O' them............

Maybe it's the bad boy/girl aditude..... (very close to how the Klingons played)...... but Pyrates don't wanna play with a buncha rules or that sorta thing.... Aaaargh.... where's the run... good enough fer us......

Dang.... I'm doing some fun rambling..... Brandy.....

but this goes in some other thread........

(just never got into Star Wars tho....P

I have gone to several Star Trek Conventions in the past, they were fun.

When I enjoyed Star Trek as a kid I considered myself a treker then...except for the longest...I said Star Track. I never like the word trekie either..so demeaning..lol. When I was in high school they called all the kids in band Band Twinkies also the denoting them as demeaner...sigh.

OH WELL...all is good! Star Trek lives on and so does our lovely, dangerous and oh so sexy Pyrates! Husssahh.

Anyone watch the anniversary special that was on this past weekend for Star Trek it was pretty good. They auctioned off 1000 pcs at Christies, all things in the manner of Star Trek. All stuff they took from volumous warehouses. The Actor that plays Quark Armen Shimerman is the brother of a guy I work with everyday. Funny thing he did not even know his brother was participating as interviewee for this special.

Remember those funny little gadgets on Warf's sash? They were actually little electronic gadgets he had picked up at a Convention. The Star Trek writers let him keep them on his sash if he kept the electronis shut off. I have one of those that he has, but one from the same vendor he bought his from.

Oh one last note, I work in at an aerospace company and as a guest speaker for the Gay/Lesbians group they had George Takai, he was a fantastic speaker and I got his autograph on a Star Trek Soundtrek CD I bought at a convention quite some time ago. He has been back several times as well. (One manager said to us...he told George..now this is what a real spacecraft looks like when taken on a tour in the factory...lol)

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

(chuckle)

You all need to quit over thinking this.... :)

:D

Can't help it, Bess. Those two gents... they get yer mind a stirrin'... wonderin' what happened that got them both where they are. And especially why th' both of them fight over a ship as though they were born from it!

The imagination has been sparked, curiosity is aflame... :::Taps at her head:::

Too late t' stop it now. Until I be seein' th' movie.

Just... be prepared for whatever more questions I'll be asking AFTER At World's End! :D

Tis funny about those involved in Star Trek. Went to two Star Trek conventions. Met Walter Koeing at the first one. Funny, funny gent! The stories he told. Priceless! And Terry Ferrall at the second... Terry being from Cedar Rapids, hey, Hometown girl! Was a hoot! And both conventions where here in Cedar Rapids.

Never been to a Star Wars convention. Was at one Transformers convention (holy cow! NOTHING on Star Trek!).

I have to say, I have more fun at the Pirate Festivals than any convention I've been at. It's GREAT t' be a pirate!!! :D

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Man...all those pictures...flip thru the thread fast enough an you will see the whole movie! :o

Barbossa Rocks! B)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Star Wars conventions are few and far between. They're called Celebrations and they had the first in 1999 (prior to Episode I), 2002 (before Ep 2), and 2005 (before Ep 3); do you see the pattern here?

Actually there is a BIG Star Wars convention in May in Los Angeles this year. It's the 30th Anniversary for those of us who want to feel smug (or old) that we saw it in 1977. ;)

I am a child of the '60s and I love the original Star Trek. I am not a "dweeb", Master Hand, I am a "nerd" and now a "geek" in 21st century venacular. ;)

The release of AWE is causing problems for many of my friends (both PotC and SW fans) because we will be at the big convention when the movie opens. Some people are talking about trying to see it at the El Capitan either Friday day or Friday night. I told them to not try to see the convention that day and just camp out in front of the theater.

I will have to wait until after it opens to see it. ;)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

• 1 month later...
You know who we don't see? Davey Jones.

Someone who is a HUGE Davy Jones fan showed me and a few others some AWE pics of Davy Jones. They were.... rather interesting. Don't know if they can be posted up here either.

I know there are a couple "featurette" clips out there. Fantastic! Just tossing out enough to hook, line and sinker me in!

I'm very eager to see the film now. My patience is almost at an end cause I am that excited to see the film.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

You know who we don't see?  Davey Jones.

Someone who is a HUGE Davy Jones fan showed me and a few others some AWE pics of Davy Jones. They were.... rather interesting. Don't know if they can be posted up here either.

No... please don't. :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

It would seem to me that Barbossa mutinied just because he wanted to, being as how he's a pirate and all. Honestly, men aren't all that complicated. :ph34r:

As for the film, I shall find no bit of difficulty at all waiting for it to release to lower-cost theatre; though the costumes look interesting, the schizophrenic nature of the second has left me quite leery of the franchise. I may be lynched for this opinion, but I was mightily disappointed by DMC.

Costumes look pretty, though -- and when Elizabeth slouches proper, you can scarcely tell she's an actual woman! :ph34r:

I think Barbossa put it well WHY he mutinied against Jack...

"The only way a pirate these days can make a profit is by bretrayin' other pirates."

Not just he wanted to, he also had to. To survive. After all, he is a pirate.

Aye, I know several people who said they were disappointed with DMC. Yet, oddly enough, those people have the DVD and watch it more times than I do! :blink:

~Lady B

:blink:

Elizabeth.jpg

That's got to be the best picture I've seen of Elizabeth. Now if only they'd make her character more like the spirit that image.

But no...

AWE.jpg

In the group shot everyone has a weapon thrust forth except Elizabeth (who sports a lantern and a gun pointed at the ground) and Sao Feng, whose weapon is in its scabbard and tucked behind his back. [so what are they telling us here in regard to roles?]

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Well, I admit we do keep the DVD around here... but only because my aunt 'n' uncle thought we ought to have it for Christmas -- and I haven't watched the film in its entirety since the theatre; it was truly that bad. :lol:

Well, y'know, Elizabeth has to be the girl... unfortunately, she can't maintain a whit of awesomeness to it, either. I can think of some lady pirates who might be ashamed of ol' Lizzie's nancy behavior.

Youd've killed her?

:lol:

(Not that I don't think you could do it, mind...) :lol:

The library has my copy of POTC:DMC ready and waiting (I was #48 or something on the reserve list when I first requested it), so I'll be mentally prepared for the next installment. Hopefully I'll enjoy it more this time around since I know what to expect and not to expect.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

There's a whole bunch of images here, and a lot that haven't been posted in this thread yet either :)

http://potc-online.net/pictures/thumbnails...album=50&page=2 : movie stills

http://potc-online.net/pictures/thumbnails...ls.php?album=53 : behind the scenes

http://potc-online.net/pictures/thumbnails...ls.php?album=59 : official trailer

http://potc-online.net/pictures/thumbnails...ls.php?album=55 : promotional images

Including a poster one of Davey Jones :)

Jack getting bitchslapped featurette + cast interviews:

http://potc-online.net/media/displayimage....tup&cat=0&pos=0

(long live media player, I've got it on my PSP now :unsure: )

characters in AWE info + interviews:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/05/01/pirate...tte-characters/

Chart man! (exclusive clip): http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll...qtw=640&qth=400

I think the last one has been seen by most people by now, but I figured I'd post it anyway for those that haven't yet :)

Sorry if this has already been posted in another thread.