A TANKARD OF ALE FOR ALL

NVBarbossa

Hello all,

Hoisting a tankard and buying a round for all

This here be NVBarbossa, some of you know me by chatting, even fewer by sight :-) Some things are best that way. lol.

I am looking to put together a Barbossa outfit and I anm starting from scratch, I have lots of pictures to start, have some friends here that can help with the sewing and patterns, but I am vexed as to some of the materials. If anyone can help it would be greately appreciated.

I thank ye much

NVBarbossa

B)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers and welcome to the pub! B)B)

How wonderful that ye want to put together a Barbossa outfit. There's so few Barbossas out there and way too many Jacks. 2 friends I know made a great Jack and Barbossa costume. Perhaps I could contact them about the materials they used for the Barbossa costume to help out with yours.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Christine,

Thanks for the warm welcome. And yes there are to many Jacks out there. If you could find me info on the material it would be greately appreciated.

NVBarbossa

:lol:

Strangebay,

Aye, a full tankard be a beautiful thing to behold, and even better to be holdin. :lol:

The potccostuming group has been most helpful in the picture and resources area, yet the materials still be a hauntin me.

NVBarbossa

RumbaRue,

Thanks for the welcome, I was told it was a great place by the Lady B.

My port of call is not quite hell, but you can see it from here. :lol:

Actually I am sailing the high deserts of the Sierra's in a place called Nevada. So that makes me a high desert drifter of sorts.

As for me age well I be about :lol: right now, lol. I be 42 for you who be a wondrin.

Welcome Barbossa and Lady b be a right swell lass and a sister to me in a strange mystical way. Now about that drynk..Make mine a Plunder Me Cherry...extra cherries o course.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Aloha m'dear. Welcome at last.

Ladies... by all means, treat him. He very well deserves it! :)

An' t' help out m'luv here.... ::: has several barrels of various sorts of drinks brought in::: Plenty for all t' drink.

Party! In th' name of this fine Gent! B):ph34r: :)

~Lady B

:angry:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Captain Siren of the Poesidon,

Well never let it be said I have denied a lady a pleasureable request within reason, so, I will be more than happy to make your cherry plundered and you can have as many cherries as you want too for your plunderin, and I will be willing to put my all into it for you for as long as it takes to make you pleased.

All I ask is that you make this Capt. a Screaming Viking in return. B)

NVBarbossa

:angry:

(Mistress Lilly peers into the Pub and see a new face sitting there with tankard in hand).

Greetings NVBarbossa! 'Tis always a happy moment to see a new face about the pub. I pray that you are indulging in many things that interest you here upon the pub? (A sly smile ensues as she raises her glass).

Here’s to you NVBarossa. Welcome aboard!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Aye, Welcome NVBarbossa. Either Lady B wants ye ta have a right proper greetin or she knows ye've got a full pouch o coin n is aimin ta help ye lighten it.

Now, fer that drink if ye please. I've taken a fancy ta hot tea grog on these cold days. Ray, in tha pretty green mug if ye will. Ye know, tha one wot holds just a bit more n tha others :lol:

Didje say somthin bout being haunted by fabric sir? I be in tha same boat. Haunted by a long strip o tha most beautiful silk a gerl ever laid 'er eyes on. sigh

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Welcome! Aye this be the place for yer piratical education! Jump in the deep end! Welcome t' the pub!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Mmmm... m'dear... how's 'bout some Hot Sex for this Lady? :huh:

:::Hands him a bottle of Cask and Cream::: :huh:

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Captain Siren of the Poesidon,

Well never let it be said I have denied a lady a pleasureable request within reason, so, I will be more than happy to make your cherry plundered and you can have as many cherries as you want too for your plunderin, and I will be willing to put my all into it for you for as long as it takes to make you pleased.

All I ask is that you make this Capt. a Screaming Viking in return. :lol:

NVBarbossa

:huh:

*Winks most sassily* Poppet Ill turn ye inside out if ye wish. Ye may scream as loud and long as ye have too. I don't mind A'tall.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Ahoy mate!

Sory to be late, but a hearthy wellcome!

Good luck in making the costume of the best sexiest and handsomest pirate in history! :huh:

It's nice having another Barbossa fan here, yep me too..the man rules!

Here's one on yer health mate CHEERS :lol:

hero.jpg

Fáilte! Welcome!

Lady Barrrbossa (a.k.a. Lady B. round here) tol mae det yew were t' b'treated kindly so's I'm jus obligin her request ere.

Silkie sashays up to the tall, handsome, blue eyed, new comer, runs her hands up his chest and wraps her arms around his neck pulling herself close to him she rises to tip toe to hold him tight. Her lips then tenderly touch to his for a lingering kiss. Releasing him one hand rests on his shoulder as the other trails down the edge of his lapel.

"Is mise fáilte romhat, níl a bhuiochas ort"

(It'smy pleasure to meet you)

She then releases the lad not wanting to remain longer than proper :lol: so as not to offend the lovely Lady B.