What did you get for Christmas??

JohnnyTarr

I got a great collection of books for my libary for Christmas. The Art of Rigging by Biddlecombe, The Greatest Sailing Stories Ever Told by Caswell, The Pirate Dictionary by Breverton, The Sailmaker's Apprentice by Marino, The Aurbry Series 2-5 7 & 8, Cider by Proulx & Nichols. How about you all? What did you get?

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

I got a new sewing machine. Of course I'll finish all of the visible stuff by hand, but this should speed up most work. Kass, make ready for orders.

I also got "an Idiot's Guide to Piracy."

Hey, wait a minute....

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

(chuckle) I got 4 assorted pairs of Tennies with skull and cross bones adorning them.

Does that count??  :lol:

Oh yes that counts.

Okay.. cool. :lol:

Oh, and I also recieved a stellar Business Card case with a pave' skull and crossbones on it. Very chic' :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

It was a Great Pirate Christmas for me.

I got these little pirates and replica of this 1760 Hadley London pistol

christ06d400.jpg

I also got POTC, old charts & Don Maitz calendars.

An Aztec Cold coin and a POTC locket, an Inner Pirate T-shirt and Pirateology book.

christ06a300.jpg

christ06c300.jpg

and my son made me this pirate ship's wheel

christ06b300.jpg

It was a Great and busy Christmas.

We had four of our six children and their families over on Christmas Eve, went to a friends 65th wedding anniversary renewal of vows on Christmas day and I completed my BS in Industrial Engineering......a busy but wonderful time.

Booty! I got booty! :lol:

How many calendars .... let's see, a bird one, tall ships, state parks, and the 'tour de force' a Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest with the most YUMMY pictures of Johnny Depp and other cast members. I'm never going to throw it out! ;)

Also a gift card to Jo Ann's, Barnes and Noble and a free trial at the local exercise gym (ya right Bob, like I don't exercise- clean my home for me... :lol: ), passes to the San Diego Wild Animal Park about 20 odd minutes away from me.

Also a huge umbrella done in colors of black, red, and white...perfect thing to turn into a pirate umbrella for my scooter and a couple of Christmas kitty placemats for us humans.

On the other hand, I received an unusual gift from Mad Jack and his wifey, Janelle...crochet cat toys sort of looking like mice filled with catnip, bells and little kitty kibble bits of food.

One of my kitties has taken to piling them up by the patio door...an offering?

I sort of already got my Christmas gift(s) from Boats. We now have a brand new futon couch (full size) with a good mattress cover (coil and foam) so when people come to visit us for whatever, they won't have to sleep on the floor. We also have a new oak round pedestal table and 4 chairs from a really good consignment shop along with a dark honey oak slim cabinet that fits into a corner area very well. New furniture here has been a long time coming....

Also a POTC Monopoly game, too bad it doesn't have the new square with Iron Bess's forthcoming name of *Black Sam's Spit*. :lol:

Yikes, where to start. It was my first VERY pirate Christmas.

DMC 5 hr. two-disc DVD - With the special holograph slip cover. Plus the DMC limited edition T-shirt that Walmart gave away with purchase.

DMC regular DVD, with music CD of pirate songs (Kirk Douglas singing "A Whale of a Tale" included).

Yellowbeard DVD.

DMC Calender

Coffee mug with fighting skeleten pirates (not from PotC).

Pirate pennant for the boat.

Black watch-cap with pirate logo - "Surrender the booty."

And, last but recieved first, from my Pyrate Secret Santa, the CD "Prelude to Mutiny" by Captain Bogg & Salty (VERY good, BTW).

Of a none-pyratical nature, my husband bought us crab traps, so we can go crabbing off our boat. Cool!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Does pneumonia count? :huh:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I got a new sewing machine. Of course I'll finish all of the visible stuff by hand, but this should speed up most work. Kass, make ready for orders.

I also got "an Idiot's Guide to Piracy."

Hey, wait a minute....

I would question that gift :lol:

It was a Great Pirate Christmas for me.

I got these little pirates and replica of this 1760 Hadley London pistol

christ06d400.jpg

I also got POTC, old charts & Don Maitz calendars.

An Aztec Cold coin and a POTC locket, an Inner Pirate T-shirt and Pirateology book.

christ06a300.jpg

christ06c300.jpg

and my son made me this pirate ship's wheel

christ06b300.jpg

It was a Great and busy Christmas.

We had four of our six children and their families over on Christmas Eve, went to a friends 65th wedding anniversary renewal of vows on Christmas day and I completed my BS in Industrial Engineering......a busy but wonderful time.

Love that pistol. It is a real antique then? Hope you have some time to relax.

Well I didn't get much in the way of piratical gear...

But I did get this really cool Pirate Nutcracker....

PirateNutcracker.jpg

The first thing I thought of when openning it was (doing best hollywood piratey voice) "Arrrrgghhhh.... I'll bust your nuts!"

I also got a great t-shirt with a neat Jolly Roger on it.

Michael_banner.jpg

Pirate stuff-

POTC DMC- the 2 disc set

Don Maitz' Pirate Calendar

Pirates- an Illustrated History by Nigel Cawthorne

Travel candlesticks for the seachest

a carved leather mermaid

non pirate

a short light stand that will travel like a tripod on the camera bag

a stand for the bandsaw

Sharpe's Fury- the new one by Bernard Cornwell

Boris Valejo and Julie Bell- The Ultimate Collection

two more calendars- Olivia's Betty Page and the Valejo/Bell fantasy

Highlander season 6 (now I have them all)

B&N gift cards

and a few other books and small items

Hawkyns

:lol:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

I had a really good Christmas. I got two swords: a practice one and a Paul Chen Mortuary hilt sword. Also some glassware and bottles from the Jamestown Glassworks and a 1890's small Chinese apocathary case that I had been drooling over. Jack and I also got a Margarator - we tried it out last night and made Strawberry Daquiris.

Chinesechest.jpg

RHJMap.jpg

A replica of Captain Jack Sparrow's bandana/head scarf, a PoTC t-shirt, a Guns 'N' Roses t-shirt, a clay pipe, and a brass sundial compass. :lol:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Let's see.

A roleplay game called "Run out the guns". It's about pirates. Anyone ever played it? I need to take some time out to read the whole thing. I also got a pillowcase with Johnny Depp on it (the piano pic), a Harry Potter spoon (the handle is a magic wand), 2 POTC cups and bowls, a clock, a heartshaped box and a paperboard with filmcells (scenes from POTC 2 DMC).

And I totally forgot the 2 CD's my boyfriend looted from the salesman at the roleplayer convention. B):P