Battle of New Orleans!

capnwilliam

Aye, mates, Pyrate Con in April is not the only piratical event coming up in New Orleans. January 12 and 13 marks the reenactment of the Battle of New Orleans. Yer historicalpyratical brethren the Baratarians really won that battle for America, and their present-day descendants will be there again this year, and look to be one of the best-represented American groups in attendance!

Please come out and see us! Cannon and musket firing, cooking demos and lectures and much more! B)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Here's a website that will help ye out!

http://www.nps.gov/jela/battle-of-new-orle...mmemoration.htm

Hope to see ye there!

Aye, and they mentioned the Baratarians! I wish they'd shown us rather than the USS Carolina crew in the cannon firing demo photo, though. :lol:

Bosun Carmina, we will see you and Cathy on January 6 for the final practice before the battle! :lol:

Capt. William

• 2 weeks later...

Spectators such as I enjoyed a glorious Saturday on the banks of the Mississippi River today. Sunny skies with the temp in the 70's. A "well done" goes out to all involved but I must say the Baratarian Cannon Crew was masterful in repelling the Pakenham British advance.

Steven St'arr

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

Aye Steven, we did our part for our adopted country! :angry:

Bosun Carmina and the Sea Wolf were there Friday night and all day Saturday. The Pyrate Queen and I were there both days, and camped out, and I concur with yer weather report: we certainly had the weather gods on our side! :)

Capt. William