Pirate of the Year 2006 ?????

Any particular reason why Rumba?

I'm against it because number 1, it causes hard feelings for those who weren't nominated, and number 2, it causes favoritism.

It just seems that all I see are those who have history knowledge. There's a whole bunch of other areas that weren't even discussed.

This sort of thing has been done on another site I go to and trust me when I say people get hurt feelings when they aren't nominated even though they've put in lots of input.

I'm against it because number 1, it causes hard feelings for those who weren't nominated, and number 2, it causes favoritism.

It just seems that all I see are those who have history knowledge. There's a whole bunch of other areas that weren't even discussed.

This sort of thing has been done on another site I go to and trust me when I say people get hurt feelings when they aren't nominated even though they've put in lots of input.

Aye, I agree with Rue. . . not every pirate has the thickest of skins and our ilk, once hurt upon the heart, go many years aching sadness. Piracy Pub, the ways I sees it, is more about sharing the booty, not electing the cap'n.

I lift a rum to all of ye. . . yer all pirates of the year in m'book, says I.

Ahhh....

But I never said "lets have an award for the person that was the most authentic, or had the best group..."

I thought it would be cool to have an annual recognition award for the person that has done a lot for the hobby in general and has been a great pirate kind of good will ambassador.

They don't even have to be a member here (but it would be nice).

And nobody has to nominate in a post, you can send me a who and why to my e-mail or pm' me.

Greg aka GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!