Killer character for new POTC movie

PirateSSe

Jack's true love?  That just would never work.  He's the type that doesn't settle down.   Pirate, darling, pirate.   :lol:

Do ye know the man?

Stranger things have happened........

I've seen the movies and we all know how his character is.

It's fun to write stories and all, have fantasies and all that. I do it myself, but as far as getting this character into the movie to be with Jack........yeah, okay......anyway..... :lol: The idea of this character and storyline reminds me of a lot of the fan fiction on fanfiction.net. Lots of girls writing new female characters to interact with Jack. It's all in good fun, tis all.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

PirateSSe...

Technically speaking, not to knock your idea, etc...

Fans Don't Matter.

I don't necessarily mean that in regards to PotC, I mean that for all fandoms. Oh sure writers and stars and execs love that fan clubs, costuming clubs, etc all crop up. But in the long run... other than voting with your dollar... The Higher Ups will always find a way to stick the cutlass in you and twist.

Star Trek... sure fans helped bring the original show back... but how were they rewarded? With Enterprise. Enough said.

Do you think George Lucas gives a damn about his fans? The prequels are enough to say he doesn't.

Firefly... sure fan support got a movie, but not much more beyond that.

Farscape? A miniseries but otherwise that show was scuttled...

Stargate SG-1... don't get me started.

But back to my original point. Fan input just doesn't always matter. Sure maybe PotC is different. And maybe they just want to make money. I can't say one way or the other.

So if you want to see your Mary Sue come alive, they start working on it. But don't expect to see her on the silver screen anytime soon.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

PirateSSe...

Technically speaking, not to knock your idea, etc...

Fans Don't Matter.

I don't necessarily mean that in regards to PotC, I mean that for all fandoms. Oh sure writers and stars and execs love that fan clubs, costuming clubs, etc all crop up. But in the long run... other than voting with your dollar... The Higher Ups will always find a way to stick the cutlass in you and twist.

Star Trek... sure fans helped bring the original show back... but how were they rewarded? With Enterprise. Enough said.

Do you think George Lucas gives a damn about his fans? The prequels are enough to say he doesn't.

Firefly... sure fan support got a movie, but not much more beyond that.

Farscape? A miniseries but otherwise that show was scuttled...

Stargate SG-1... don't get me started.

But back to my original point. Fan input just doesn't always matter. Sure maybe PotC is different. And maybe they just want to make money. I can't say one way or the other.

So if you want to see your Mary Sue come alive, they start working on it. But don't expect to see her on the silver screen anytime soon.

Believe me, I understand everything you're saying.

In this twisted world, good ideas and support aren't enough.

Needless to say, my "fandom" is no longer an issue, and my Mary Sue is just going to be for me, not anyone else's gain.

Thanks for your input. You speak the truth.

Oh, your signature is killer! :lol:

Sounds like a winner to me, I'd like to see a series of novels about this character, The Black Rose.... sounds like she would keep the interest of any seafaring soldier of fortune.

Mysterious, supernatural, sexy, what more could any female loving pirate ask for?

Screw Jack (not literally you wenches), save The Black Rose for the rest of us... why not bring this character to life on parchment so we can read of her adventures... sign me up for the first copy!

skeletonav.gif

If you've never read fan fiction before, I suggest you check out fanfiction.net and look over all the stories having to do with PotC. There are thousands.

Good ideas can be thought up by more than one person at the same time; it's called collective consciousness.

Writing fan fiction is a good way to express yourself without getting into any legal hassles. And I'm sorry to point out that the "otherworldly, sexy female pirate and lover of Jack" has been done many times in fan fiction.

Also, I beg to differ on George Lucas not caring about fans. There will be over 250 fans marching in the Tournament of Roses parade today courtesy of LucasFilm who has flown, fed, and housed them for the past four days. These fans come from all corners of the world.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Wooof....what a scuttle aboard...lol! ;)

I myself (being a very bad pyrate lass indeed) only till over the holidays see POTC 2. And I have to tell you from some comments I read here at pyracy and the trailers I was set up to be disapointed....but after renting it...LOVED IT! I had no idea about the Davy Jones character nor the wonderful Kraken!!!!! I had to run out and get the double DVD set so I could see the behind the scenes imagery.

Now that we have these wonderful characters in motion...Barbosa..Davy Jones Jack and his 2 sidekicks...lol. It would be definetly a shame to stop the series now!!!!! Piratesse has a good idea with a sexy siren piratess to whisper into his ears. I am for more Captn Jack movies for sure.......Bravo to the Disney Imagineers for the concept of the beneath the depths characters of Davy Jones and his crew.

p.s. is there any connection in mythology with Davy Jones and the Kraken so far I have found none on the net...but interesting idea none the less.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Sounds like a winner to me, I'd like to see a series of novels about this character, The Black Rose.... sounds like she would keep the interest of any seafaring soldier of fortune.

Mysterious, supernatural, sexy, what more could any female loving pirate ask for?

Screw Jack (not literally you wenches), save The Black Rose for the rest of us... why not bring this character to life on parchment so we can read of her adventures... sign me up for the first copy!

Thank you for your support and kind words.

Quite refreshing!!

She's not for Jack, she's for anyone who appreciates her.

Funny thing is, I wouldn't even know how to get in touch with them to introduce this character.

You say there is nothing new under the sun, but I assure you, the Black Rose is something unique and otherworldly and would be a benefit to the film.

No one  else would have thought of the details surrounding her.

No, not conceited, just imaginative and boundlessly creative.

I hate to think someone is encouraging a dream's death.

I don't think anyone is trying to discourage you and your endeavors but Ted and Terry will not look at anything you send them. And if you post it on their site, poor Annie has to jump in and remove all traces.

My suggestion to you is this...your ideas and your character are yours. You sound as if you already have a story in mind. Instead of using "Jack", you could have another male character to parley with Black Rose. No legal troubles.

Your idea probably would fall under the heading of historical romance fiction. Best places to start with your idea are

http://www.absolutewrite.com

http://www.writing-world.com/romance/flaws.shtml

http://www.awpwriter.org/contests/series.htm

http://www.writingforums.com/

https://www.rwanational.org/eweb/StartPage.aspx

http://www.historicalromancewriters.com/ch...aractertype.cfm

http://www2.lib.uchicago.edu/~llou/romance.html ****** this one has resources covering everything that you would need to know.

Fanfiction.net is a good place for reading and writing works on POTC BUT the vast majority of the writers are extremely YOUNG. I had to laugh when I was reading a Jack/Elizabeth story and the writer had written" Jack took off his underwear..." LOL.

A better online writing community is

http://movies.adultfanfiction.net/

Much more better and very mature writing.

I would keep your idea to yourself and start writing down your ideas. You may be the next Nora Roberts or Diana Gabaldon . Good luck...

kttcsignature.jpg

I can see what Iron Bess is saying.

For the sake of T & T... they CANNOT read anything while working on upcoming PotC stuff due to Copyright issues. You all remember what happened to Brown with "The DaVinci Code"? Sued cause of supposed plagerism. I think Ted and Terry are trying to cover their butts and not read what folks send them so they don't get sued.

A smart idea.

Doesn't mean you can't do that. Write a Fan Fiction about the Black Rose being Jack's true love.

The only issue is... how many fan fics out there are just like that? Already people are bitching that Elizabeth Swann is too Mary Sue. Mary Sue is a fine line and it's hard to not cross it. Especially when you have a supposed one woman who saves or is an equal to a hero. Making her the Heroine, and a Savior. Bad stuff there.

Happens the same way with Barbossa. Hence why I never read fan fics either. Fan fics also inhibit one's personal creativity cause of someone else. Best to be a recluse. Be careful what you create. Cause someone else has the same idea, too.

Personally.... not huge into Jack... but I think I like him better with his flings and may ladies. A harem of lasses he fancies. He's a rover anyway. Why remain with one lady?

Besides... same applies to Barbossa. Granted people are thinking the same with him... one love, lots of children, etc... ::: rolls eyes::: It's rather sad. Embarassing this lass with the name sake really. I cringe every time. Why do I cringe? Cause Barbossa's a rogue! Same as Jack... he just has his Ladies to enjoy. Not just one to have and hold and spend the rest of his life with, etc... if so, Barbossa wouldn't have taken the Black Pearl, would not have been cursed, and wouldn't be where he is.

Will and Elizabeth. That's good enough for me. Norrington can still have his heart adoring the woman. Jack we know is not really serious about her. And Jones' love... well, that too....

Please don't ruin PotC for the rest of us who enjoy what Ted and Terry produce.

There is creativity... then there is copying. Taking Ted and Terry's idea of PotC and twisting it to your desires.... that's just fraud and not right.

Hell.. there is NO way in hell a Lady Barbossa will ever show up in these films. Nor do I really want it.

What be yours is yours. What's Ted and Terry's is theirs.

Just becareful what you do.

~Lady B

:o

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Please don't ruin PotC for the rest of us who enjoy what Ted and Terry produce.

There is creativity... then there is copying. Taking Ted and Terry's idea of PotC and twisting it to your desires.... that's just fraud and not right.

Hell.. there is NO way in hell a Lady Barbossa will ever show up in these films. Nor do I really want it.

What be yours is yours. What's Ted and Terry's is theirs.

Just becareful what you do.

~Lady B

B)

I've no intention of doing this. i've stated that The Black Rose is on her own, and has nothing to do with POTC.I'm not going to twist anything, don't worry about that!

Very true, what's mine is mine. I have no intention of writing fanfiction.

I don't need someone else's storyline, can create my own if I choose to pursue my ideas.

creativity is a wonderful thing ..we're each entitled to express our own however making suggestions to other writers with your ideas is like coming back now and re-writing Shakespeare because you think it would play better if Desdemona jumped up and killed Iago in Othello ...just because she is "not dead yet" ...or coming back and rewriting Gone With the Wind so the south wins the war .....taking ideas from other writers and recreating your own stories and plots with unique characters has been done forever and thereis nothing wrong with that but to say that your ideas is what will save a story is ludicrous....stories have i life of their own and it has been created by an author or in this case a pair of authors they were hired to do a job and they have done pretty well so far in a fantasy pirate yarn ...but there is room for more yarns and exploits of other pirates and other seas ....and like most creators of any worlk of art it is their vision ...as a painter i am always told "it would be a better painting if it was more green to match my couch"i tell them commission me and i'll paint whatever you want .... but until i see the colour of thier money i paint what i choose!

so write what you choose and make it your own and give it life then you can say what and who goes where that's the way the arts work :)

good luck to ye lass and i hope ye can create the next big pirate franchise

I started this thread to as an experiment.

NOW, let it be understood!

I have no intention of "ruining" someone else's "masterpiece".

Everyone here acts as if I was going to say to someone on the same level as Michelangelo, stating that "He should either not have that modesty leaf, or he should be fully clothed."

Now, enough preaching.

There are movies, and there are masterpieces.

This flick is just entertainment.