Killer character for new POTC movie

PirateSSe

where do I go with this idea?

I have a fabulous idea for a character called The Black Rose.

She's a legendary piratess with unparaleled sword skills, a glint in her eyes that makes a sound of crossed swords when she senses danger, and fabulous special effects would surround her. She'd disappear in black smoke, and would end up being Jack's true love.

Doesn't sound like much, but when all is said and done, breathtaking moves and effects would be part of her character.

She would be a supernatural being who'd help Jack out of insurmountable odds.

Oh, and she's have a wonderful black velvet wardrobe and a slinky sinewy way of moving. Jack wouldn't be able to resist her, because "every little thing she does is magic."

I'd love to see my character come to life.

Now, who to go to with what I consider a kick-ass idea?....

And you have to remember that Ted and Terry will not even look at, let alone read ANY submissions they may recieve and that even includes newly published books as long as they are working on anything that still has to do with Pirates.

And they are still woking on things Pirate.

If any of their ideas were similar to something sent or submitted...(And lets face it there is very little that is new under the sun...) they would perhaps have to defend their originality one day in court and they are busy enough without that.

It's just a precautions that working writers have to take. It's never a slight against anyone else or their works. :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

And you have to remember that Ted and Terry will not even look at, let alone read ANY submissions they may recieve and that even includes newly published books as long as they are working on anything that still has to do with Pirates.

And they are still woking on things Pirate.

If any of their ideas were similar to something sent or submitted...(And lets face it there is very little that is new under the sun...) they would perhaps have to defend  their originality  one day in court  and they are busy enough without that.

It's just a precautions that working writers have to take. It's never a slight against anyone else or their works.    :huh:

So, they are disinterested in any new ideas that are out there?

hmmm...

I can assure you, I've not read any fanfic or other's ideas, this character is 100% mine.

Just wondering, why would they never consider reading any submissions?

I hope it's not a "our fans don't matter" thing.

I wouldn't be taking the place of a writer, just giving suggestions.

hmmm...

I can assure you, I've not read any fanfic or other's ideas, this character is 100% mine.

Well, that would not be the issue for them really. They need to be certain and that everyone ELSE is certain that whatever THEY write comes 100% from their own ideas.

Just wondering, why would they never consider reading any submissions?

I didn't say that. I said they would not read submissions as long as they were still working on Pirate things. That does not mean never.

I hope it's not a "our fans don't matter" thing.

That is a sad assumption because no one appreciates their fans more the Ted and Terry. No one could think that about them. They are very supportive.

I wouldn't be taking the place of a writer, just giving suggestions.

You would need an agent, formal submissions about a project not already in the works and sad to say ANYTHING from here on out about Pirates is considered *in the works*.

Becasue... they are still working on things *Pirate!* :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Funny thing is, I wouldn't even know how to get in touch with them to introduce this character.

You say there is nothing new under the sun, but I assure you, the Black Rose is something unique and otherworldly and would be a benefit to the film.

No one else would have thought of the details surrounding her.

No, not conceited, just imaginative and boundlessly creative.

I hate to think someone is encouraging a dream's death.

Excuse me???

Lets be correct here.... No where did I tell you to give it up.

You seemed to be asking about *where do I go with this idea* in regards to having it involved with the POTC films. All I gave you was the facts. The writers will not read it.

No where did I say it was a bad idea nor did I infer that it was a lost cause on some other level. It is only a lost cause as in you're involving it with any POTC film in the future.

Only for legal reasons mentioned and the fact that the movies already have creators who value their work no less then you value you're own. :o

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

the Black Rose is something unique and otherworldly and would be a benefit to the film.

If the character is so good, does she really NEED Jack Sparrow....? :angry:

Why not use the character for your own original work?

I hope that dosen't read wrong... :lol:

I don't want it to sound like I'm picking on you or the character...

For the reasons listed above, the Character can't be used for PoTC... but that wouldn't stop you from using her for a new story.......

Excuse me???

Lets be correct here.... No where did I tell you to give it up.

You seemed to be asking about *where do I go with this idea* in regards to having it involved with the POTC films. All I gave you was the facts. The writers will not read it.

No where did I say it was a bad idea nor did I infer that it was a lost cause on some other level. It is only a lost cause as in you're involving it with any POTC film in the future.

Only for legal reasons mentioned and the fact that the movies already have creators who value their work no less then you value you're own. :angry:

No need to get mad. Just full of questions and expresssing myself.

the Black Rose is something unique and otherworldly and would be a benefit to the film.

If the character is so good, does she really NEED Jack Sparrow....? :angry:

Why not use the character for your own original work?

I hope that dosen't read wrong... :lol:

I don't want it to sound like I'm picking on you or the character...

For the reasons listed above, the Character can't be used for PoTC... but that wouldn't stop you from using her for a new story.......

Thank you for your valid points.

You're right~she "needs" no one.

She'll do fine on her own.

My gain, their loss.

Greetings Miss Piratesse,

I think it is a wonderful idea and I should say you have some creativity.

Are you not a piratess? Rules have not stopped us before. My suggestion is submit it anyway! It's not going to hurt anything. If you get no response...who cares? You at least tried.

Secondly, I think you yourself should "take-on" this persona as the Black Rose. If you go to Ren Faires, become the "Black Rose" with your own story incorporating Sparrow and POTC to tell the visitors. Rock on!

signature4.jpg]

Greetings Miss Piratesse,

I think it is a wonderful idea and I should say you have some creativity.

Are you not a piratess? Rules have not stopped us before. My suggestion is submit it anyway! It's not going to hurt anything. If you get no response...who cares? You at least tried.

Secondly, I think you yourself should "take-on" this persona as the Black Rose. If you go to Ren Faires, become the "Black Rose" with your own story incorporating Sparrow and POTC to tell the visitors. Rock on!

Why, thank you for your kick-ass encouragement and suggestions!

I've never been a rule abider, why begin now?

I thank you grandly for your support.

I have already in a sense taken on this persona.

She suits me well!

Once again, thanks for the encouragement!

Jack Sparrow is like any man of the sea, love. He's married to the sea first, and his vessel second. His crew serve his second wife, and he'll move heaven and earth to ensure they can serve her adequately. Should the crew and vessel be lost, he'll seek out another second bride to ply the first, and a crew to service her. By the time a sole woman comes along, she's be no more than a distraction. A pleasant diversion from the two that own his heart. You'll never tear a man from the sea and his ship. They call to him, and any other woman is but a doxy to be left behind come the next fair wind.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Jack Sparrow is like any man of the sea, love. He's married to the sea first, and his vessel second. His crew serve his second wife, and he'll move heaven and earth to ensure they can serve her adequately. Should the crew and vessel be lost, he'll seek out another second bride to ply the first, and a crew to service her. By the time a sole woman comes along, she's be no more than a distraction. A pleasant diversion from the two that own his heart. You'll never tear a man from the sea and his ship. They call to him, and any other woman is but a doxy to be left behind come the next fair wind.

Sweetcheeeks, she's a supernaturalbeing. She'd have him bewitched before he could say. "Savvy".