Geocaching...

I recently read an article on geocaching, which is using a GPS to locate "treasure" left by random people that have marked the navigational locations, or clues as to where to go next to find said treasure. My take is that GPS's are expensive, but there are other ways o' finding longitude an' latitude... and it makes the hunt harder and more true to our pyratical natures!

For more info, go to either:

www.geocaching.com

OR

www.scgeocachers.og (for those in Sunny So. Cal)

:huh:

--Mab

Prepare to be boarded!

If'n ye be ginin me the lat/long I be takin me GPS and be findin yer plunder ye be searchin fer, I not be sayin nothin 'bout sharin. One thing to remember, you can be buyin a decent GPS fer just over 100 bones, that's not a too outlandish price.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Aye, I'll give ye the location... if'n I kin find one that hasn't yet been found! There was a grand one tagged as hidden "when Blackbeard got tired of salt water" (it was hidden at the bottom of a lake), but alas and alak, twas taken recently.

--Mab

(edited the post 'cos I can't spell worth salty beans)

Prepare to be boarded!

• 2 weeks later...

Interestin'. Now if only the people I know wif boats won't think me crazy when I tell 'em seriously tha' I plan on usin' their fine vessels to find treasure.

Most new boats nowadays 'ave GPS systems installed in 'em already. If they don', I believe they cost quite a pretty penny. Also, they be IMPOSSIBLE to operate. My technologically-dependant Ivy League grad cousin cannot even fig're out tha manual.

Captain Wolfy Wench

Alriiiight.....ere's a thought for ye.....if thar be anyone in the Oregon area, who might be interested in this 'ere sport, I'd be more than happy to show 'em, and perhaps put on a little "event", as it is called, when thar be a gatherin' of cachers.

Captain of The Morrighan.