Set up for PiP

Harry

Hope you all had a wonderful turkey day. I recommend you bring some medications to ward off the crud that seems to be going around town this month. All of us at the park have had it and it's a bugger to lose.

I realize that some of you will arrive on Wednesday. Once you get into Key West, contact the park office or our ranger station at 305-292-6713 and have them get a hold of me. Or leave your name and number with them and I'll return your call. Don't really want to give out my cell phone number to the world, as it were. We'll be setting up our tents on Wednesday as well.

For those arriving on Wednesday (29 Nov), you're invited to a party at one of the marinas the next island up. The Conch Republic is getting its own navy base and this will be a USO-style party that evening. Tickets are $15 and proceeds go to help pay for PiP. The entertainment will be a swing band and an artist appearing from that era.

On Thursday (30 Nov) will be the End of Hurricane Season party at the Pier House. Be attired in piratical garb and help us ward off the evil blows! We'll be burning the hurricane flags and if I can get city approval, I'll launch of a couple of cannon or mortar rounds.

The important thing is that when you arrive in town, contact the Ranger Station and leave your name and number so I can get back in touch with you!

Harry

Fort Taylor

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

Hi Harry!

We're arriving on Thursday and want to know when we can set up our vendor booth at the fort. And who do we see about where we're supposed to be on the grounds.

Also, don't forget the second annual National Walk the Plank Championships just before the End of Hurricane Season party ---- the latest schedule for the festival has just been added to the web site.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

If you plan to attend any of the parties going on down here, piratical garb is certainly welcome.

All (reenactors and vendors) will need to check in with either me or my volunteer worker BEFORE setting up any tents. Check in will be at a small tent situated right near the fort parking lot and entrance to the fort.

Those who have pre-registered will merely have to pass on their name and then be on their way. However, those who have not pre-registered will have to take the time to fill out the forms. The entire process should not take any longer than 5 minutes. But, it's a necessary process as far as the park service is concerned.

Harry

Fort Taylor

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon