I've got the extra's DVD!!

Charity

Seems like a lot of fuss and bother over a prop one could make with a single trip to Pier 1 Imports and a shovel-full from the garden.  Both will collect the same amount of dust in the end.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. It just sounds like a dumb idea to have as an added bonus when buying the dvd. As you said Jack, it's something so easy to make yourself-lol! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Seems like a lot of fuss and bother over a prop one could make with a single trip to Pier 1 Imports and a shovel-full from the garden. Both will collect the same amount of dust in the end.

were I gonna go to such lenghts to re-create the prop, I'd want a period jar, and period dirt! :lol:

"Disobediant Monkeys will be shot, Disobediant Undead Monkeys will be shot repeatedly until morale improves"

"They Says Cap'n Alva went funny in the head and turned to Cannibalism while marooned on a peninsula."- Overheard in a nearby camp

Seems like a lot of fuss and bother over a prop one could make with a single trip to Pier 1 Imports and a shovel-full from the garden.  Both will collect the same amount of dust in the end.

were I gonna go to such lenghts to re-create the prop, I'd want a period jar, and period dirt! :angry:

of course you don't know me very well...I have protested and rallied with the best of the best...LOL

It's the principle of the promotion. "Bait and switch" is still used by many companies to lure customers into their store, then the store's higher ups back out on the promises, leaving the customer/consumer up the creek without a paddle and the young kids working at the counter getting the complaints.

If no one questions these little incidentals, companies will continue to make promises and falsify advertisements and to put their employees into situations that they have no control over. It's not fair to the employees either.

What pisses me off even more is that I found out some youngin's spent some of their own allowance money on this promotion to recieve said jar of dirt and didn't...well, that is where there is fodder for the fight.

You fight for what you believe in and it's more than a jar of dirt that's involved.

Besides, I heard it's Depp's dirt...haha

kttcsignature.jpg

I know it's not period but..i think i got me something nice with the dvd..

I didn't just take the dvd, i took the whole dvd stand as well

:angry: DMC dvd stand

And, my Geoff movies look so good in it!  :huh:

Geoff movies in the dvd stand

That's my next quest ~ to get the DVD stand at, where else, Circuit City! The stores usually trash the stands or the managers do what they want with them. I happened on the M&M stand with Jack but then I had to cut it up, saved Jack's photos, only because I have no room for the bloody stand.

I have the poster stand from WalMart. Just happened to be there when Mr. Posterman was bringing in new POTC posters and I was able to grab the holder with a full length poster of Jack on it. Yummy!

Speaking of a fight, when Media play was going out of business, there was a Depp poster on the wall. It was"Finding Neverland"...I took it off the wall and I walked up to the cashier and said I wanted to buy it. SHe said I couldn't because there was no price tag on it. I said then put a price tag on and then I will buy it. The sign says everything must go, from the ceiling to the walls to the floor.

The manager comes over and tells me I can't buy the poster. I said charge me for the regular price of the posters. SHe said we can't do that. No tag, no sale. I then said please get one of the close~out managers that were in the office overseeing the closeout of the store. That person called the cashier and told her to GIVE ME THE POSTER as it was a promotional poster, not one for sale. ARGH

But I didn't budge until I got that poster. One of my kids was in another line shaking his head.

I came out with that poster waving it to my husband and kids and while driving home, my youngest says "Take what you can, and give nothing back"

We are all bloody pirates!

kttcsignature.jpg

It's the principle of the promotion. "Bait and switch" is still used by many companies to lure customers into their store, then the store's higher ups back out on the promises, leaving the customer/consumer up the creek without a paddle and the young kids working at the counter getting the complaints.

If no one questions these little incidentals, companies will continue to make promises and falsify advertisements and to put their employees into situations that they have no control over. It's not fair to the employees either.

What pisses me off even more is that I found out some youngin's spent some of their own allowance money on this promotion to recieve said jar of dirt and didn't...well, that is where there is fodder for the fight.

You fight for what you believe in and it's more than a jar of dirt that's involved.

I do believe we agree with each other on this matter.....I can't remember ever disagreeing with everything you just said......

"Disobediant Monkeys will be shot, Disobediant Undead Monkeys will be shot repeatedly until morale improves"

"They Says Cap'n Alva went funny in the head and turned to Cannibalism while marooned on a peninsula."- Overheard in a nearby camp

were I gonna go to such lenghts to re-create the prop, I'd want a period jar, and period dirt! :lol:

of course you don't know me very well...I have protested and rallied with the best of the best...LOL

Okay, I know more than anyone about the principle of things. If something is owed to me I'll do all I can for it, no matter how corny the item. I'm just saying the idea of the jar of dirt that they came up for a promotional item is lame. The pirate shirt idea was cool, but just a regular jar....of dirt......yeah, okay..... :lol:

Well, good luck on them giving you what's owed to you, that's the important in this.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Instructions for Period Jar of Dirt (lol) ;)

Get an antiquish bottle fill it with dirt (cause dirt is period no matter how you slice it...been around since day 1)....and bury it a bit...dig it up... viola....period bottle of dirt...lol...

just in fun folks don't shoot me with yer pistola's

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg