I've got the extra's DVD!!

Charity

Weird but true.. :D

Here in Holland we could pre-order the two dvd set at this shop (Freerecordshop) and it would include a film poster and dvd of other movie free.

I went and payed and got the poster and movie dvd and..the two dvd set box with the extra's!! :D

I'm so happy WWOOHOOOOOOO :D

So, here's the menu's for the extra's, sorry to say..no deleted scenes.. ??!!

Man i was looking forward to that but on the box it always says Bloopers and they're not on it so that's on the first dvd i guess so if it doesn't say deleted scenes at all..i guess that's not on :D

I also hate that there's no spoken comments with actors, only authors.

All in all not comparable to the first movie's extra's but still tons of fun and interesting.

My favorite bit is the Davy Jones bit :lol:

PDVD_005.jpg

PDVD_014.jpg:D

By the way, there's a lovely Barbossa spoilers..from Jerry's mouth so..if anyone wants me to blab but i bet you'll see it soon enough anyway ;)

hero.jpg

Well,Jerry and this guy discuss things, the

guy says something like "Barbossa will have the same

attitude like..." nothing more because Jerry interrupts him

and says "NO Barbossa will say i did ya a good deed!"

Then later Jerry says how Barbossa will tell HER, he's done his

part of the agreement and i think he says she should keep hers....

My opinion, the Tia Dalma rumours were correct and she resurrected

him to get Jack back and now she wants more of him..

If so we'll have to kill her :lol:

He's indeed doing enough to save the man who killed him..imo :D

Maybe you'll like this pic, Geoff says laughing "Goes to show how goodlooking i am in real life." :D

PDVD_038small.jpg

It's the head of the puppet in the ride before being placed and it's in the shadow, obviously it's not this dark.

hero.jpg

Hi Charity! How you are feeling better mate.

I ordered the 2disc set from Circuit City and I get a POTC commerative jar of dirt with it(a minature jar of dirt)...and I ordered the 1 disc dvd from the Disneystore and got a Jack poster, plus a 15% coupon off of POTC merchandise, so I will be shopping on the 5th of December.

DMC is still playing in theaters here. I think that is AWESOME!

kttcsignature.jpg

Hmmm, all this is very interesting. I prefer the head in Charity's picture, even if it's a little on the dark side, it looks more like the skeletal transformation face used in POTC 1.

The coat on Barbossa on the ride doesn't look anything like I remember from the movie, but I love what constuming did to the sleeves to make it work on the Animatronic. I have a beautiful leather coat that has sleeves to tight and I think this will work for me. Thanks, Iron Bess.

From what CJS states, I think I should pre-order my DVD now. However, it sounds like lots of different deals from different vendors. Which one to choose?

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Not really, i've got chest pains and they're getting worse and worse, but the kno doctor (Throat nose and ear) couldn't have me before the 1st of December..

I'm coughing a lot and my throat and chest feel bad but what can i do.. :lol:

Anyway..trying to hang on and feel better :)

Bess, i agree..did the first time i saw some shots of the ride but now I've seen it properly (On the dvd) i was horrified..

He's nothing like him and the way he talks..so slurry and slow..kinda weird..

I truly think it's an honor they have him there but not the way he looks and sounds.. thumbsdown.gif

Barbossa head

hero.jpg

Not really, i've got chest pains and they're getting worse and worse, but the kno doctor (Throat nose and ear) couldn't have me before the 1st of December..

I'm coughing a lot and my throat and chest feel bad but what can i do.. :rolleyes:

Anyway..trying to hang on and feel better :)

Bess, i agree..did the first time i saw some shots of the ride but now I've seen it properly (On the dvd) i was horrified..

I truly think it's an honor they have him there but not the way he looks and sounds.. thumbsdown.gif

Barbossa head

Not good Charity. Sounds as if pneumonia is settling in.

Is this the health care system there? You have to wait weeks for a sick visit to the doctor? WTF? I can't imagine how long for a healthy checkup! Can't you be a pain and call the office and demand to see the doc sooner?

If it is pneumonia/bronchitis/uri/ it's only going to take longer treatments and more agressive meds to clear up. You'll spend most of your winter months recovering for goodnesssake.

Chicken soup is a good healing for any illness. Any soup, from home made to frozen to canned...the broth is the key ingredient. Eat it as much as you can stand it. Drink lots of liquids...and don't breath the cold air. Cover your nose when you go outside.

Shot of rum as well...

kttcsignature.jpg

I truly think it's an honor they have him there but not the way he looks and sounds..

Well, I can find no fault with the sound...

They flew to the islands to record his voice overs and then went back to programe the figure.

On the ride, with the sound effects and the cannon fire and the music it sounds just like him. (shrug) I'm sure they've tweaked it up to a better standard. :rolleyes:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Charity, can you make me some Jack caps from the DVD and either pm them or email them to me? Don't put on the boards, even Marty's...not proper protocal until the vid is officially out for everyone.

I don't have the hardware to make caps and my kids won't help me on the better computer. Anything to do with pirates... :rolleyes:

kttcsignature.jpg

Perhaps Geoffrey didn't want his face on the character in the ride? The character looks smaller too, or perhaps that 's the camera angle.

Nope, nothing of the sort.

Geoffrey was and is thrilled to be portrayed in the Disneyland ride. What ever happened it happened in Imagineering.

(Shrug) You can never tell about these things. If he was upset enough I have to think they woud fix it, replace it, adjust it....

But then he is a total gentleman and not very vain.

(Unlike some in that Pirate gaggle we could mention) B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

CJS, I'mn keeping an eye on things, if it get's worse I'll see the house doc again.

I'll make caps but can't promise to do them before the weekend, I'm off to bed soon and have lots to do the next two days.

Geoff seemed indeed very excited in the footage on the dvd extra's, he was delighted about the head so..

That's something i didn't know he did the voice overs, some people who'd seen him said it was nothing like him either, i felt he spoke the words different, longer but then..that can happen.

Oh well, like i said, the honor of being in the ride is great :)

hero.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Well,Jerry and this guy discuss things, the

guy says something like "Barbossa will have the same

attitude like..." nothing more because Jerry interrupts him

and says "NO Barbossa will say i did ya a good deed!"

Then later Jerry says how Barbossa will tell HER, he's done his

part of the agreement and i think he says she should keep hers....

My opinion, the Tia Dalma rumours were correct and she resurrected

him to get Jack back and now she wants more of him..

If so we'll have to kill her :huh:

He's indeed doing enough to save the man who killed him..imo :lol:

Maybe you'll like this pic, Geoff says laughing "Goes to show how goodlooking i am in real life." :lol:

PDVD_038small.jpg

It's the head of the puppet in the ride before being placed and it's in the shadow, obviously it's not this dark.

Charity, where on the dvd does Jerry say this? I have the double disc special edition and tried to find where he says this. I listened to what Ted and Terry said on the commentary at the end, which was interesting, but not really a spoiler. Just that they knew right from the beginning of filming they wanted Geoffrey as Barbossa to be the one to deliver the final line. Knowing when people left the theater the character of Barbossa would be on their minds. How clever and awesome! :) :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I preorderd DMC at Circuit City to get the POTC commerative jar of dirt and well, the store tried to give me a POTC video game instead

NOT GOOD!

I contacted Circuit City headquarters in Virginia. I will call again tomorrow and I will call Elliot Spitzer...he ain't governor yet!

I am FUMING over this. I missed pre-ordering at Target and missed the skull and crossbones thingy and I missed the teeshirt at WalMart and I missed the Jack Sparrow doll at KMart, all for a jar of dirt.

It's the principal of preordering for the promotion ahead of time. All the stores had their own promotion, although Best Buy had the best promotion with a dvd extra of photos and footage that is not on the 2 disc set extra dvd, and some stores still have it available. It is worth the effort to get it thru Best Buy.

stay tuned for the battle between me and Circuit City...

kttcsignature.jpg

I'm upset about the whole 'jar of dirt' fiasco as well....

come to think of it, I'm upset about the whole bonus promotion....

I didn't get ANY bonuses, because of it.....I missed out on Wal-Mart's T-Shirt (and CD), as well as the poster available through the Disney Stores, all for the Jar.....

not that getting a bonus would've really mattered, but with so many stores running promotions, I just kinda figured someone in my area would have SOMETHING worthwhile to give away.......but alas.....

and the bonus Best Buy Disc?, pure bull, IMHO.......I think that any exclusive content should be made available to ALL stores, and all outlets......my closest Best Buy?, is two states away........

Circuit City usually does lithographs (I have a few), and they're ALWAYS NICE.......something like that would've been even better than the jar, or the DVD Game......

the Superman Returns one they did is GORGEOUS......loads of great colors (I know how the lithographic process is done, and the colors just POP!), and a DMC one of Captain Jack would've been even more fantastic!

the only litho they did, that I want and missed out on, is the V for Vendetta one.....still tracking one of 'em down.......the Star Wars ones are really nice too.....

in the end, it doesn't REALLY matter, but it is a bit grating to see all the neat things other people got (Especially the Wal-Mart CD, and the Best Buy Bonus Disc), and know that if I had just been in the right store, or bought the right version, I too, could've gotten one of 'em.....

but then, they're by no means RARE, and Ebay will likely be FLOODED with them....

"Disobediant Monkeys will be shot, Disobediant Undead Monkeys will be shot repeatedly until morale improves"

"They Says Cap'n Alva went funny in the head and turned to Cannibalism while marooned on a peninsula."- Overheard in a nearby camp

Hey cool Charity, thanks! I was about to go pop in my dvd until I saw you uploaded the wave file. I'm sure I'll still watch it at some point, but that's still cool. B)

Now, what's this about a jar of dirt as a bonus deal with some stores? That sounds like a lame idea actually. It's just a jar filled with dirt, big deal! I liked the shirt idea better from Target, but I didn't go get one.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I'm upset about the whole 'jar of dirt' fiasco as well....

come to think of it, I'm upset about the whole bonus promotion....

I didn't get ANY bonuses, because of it.....I missed out on Wal-Mart's T-Shirt (and CD), as well as the poster available through the Disney Stores, all for the Jar.....

I AM LIVID ABOUT THE JAR OF DIRT.110706_Pirates.jpg

I AM ON THE PHONE NOW WITH CIRCUIT CITY HEADQUARTERS...On hold of course.

I am complaining that CC puts out this promotion to get customers to come in and preorder, then try to hand out something else that was offered. BULLSHIT!

I want my jar of dirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am fighting this. It's the principal of the thing. I could have had the FLashing Light up Pin from Targer or the doll from Kmart or the teeshirt from WalMart...

I preordered the single disc from the Disney store to get Jack's poster, then I ordered the 2 disc dvd from CC to get the jar of dirt.

I went to BestBuy after I ordered on line to get the extra's dvd that is not included on the 2 disc extras dvd. It has more footage and photos not included on either disc nor on the Easter Eggs.

But I still will order my jar of dirt regardless...Don't matter to me if I have extra copies.

I will call Mr. Spitzer tho and still complain. That's what an attorney general is for!

kttcsignature.jpg

good call, Jack!

I'm not THAT desperate for the jar, that I'd go to such lengths, but I do think that anybody who wanted the promo, should get what they were promised.....

of course, that time is now passed, so my guess is that the only people who will be getting the jar, are those who contact the company......

here's to your good luck! :lol:

"Disobediant Monkeys will be shot, Disobediant Undead Monkeys will be shot repeatedly until morale improves"

"They Says Cap'n Alva went funny in the head and turned to Cannibalism while marooned on a peninsula."- Overheard in a nearby camp

Seems like a lot of fuss and bother over a prop one could make with a single trip to Pier 1 Imports and a shovel-full from the garden. Both will collect the same amount of dust in the end.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?