What be ye doin' fer All Hallow's Eve?

PirateSSe

I was going to be a Spider Lady, but changed me mind.

I, o' course, will be a PirateSSe. My husband is going to be me male counterpart.

But, when I was considerin' the Spider Lady idea, I made up a poem..

"Step into my parlor", said the Spider to th' Fly

and we shall pass the day away, together, you and I.

We will talk and chant and cuss

just th' both of us

but you will learn not just by chance

nor circumstance, not even happenstance,

that you will see, but not with glee,

your journey ends with me.

Is yer name Samantha? Now this be darned scary! I'm Samantha as well, and me birthday just happens to be Halloween as well.

I'll be darned.

I've invited me best buckos to Mickey's Haloween Haunt at Disneyland's California Adventure. I can go in costume, which people over nine years of age are not allowed to do. I think it's cute, meself.

We're all going to downtown Disney before hand fer dinner.

BlackBess-1.jpg

"Life's good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate after all."

Klingon party on Saturday (I am bringing "Soylent Green" as an appetizer); haven't decided if I want to do the 2-hour Klingon make-up job, or to be a jerk and show up as a pirate. I think I'm going as pirate.

Actually, I am psyched! I had a work obligation on Saturday, which has been canceled because the 5-alarm fire in Chicago's loop this week (it was the lead news story in Chicago) weakened the building across the street, and the block has been closed as being declared a "collapse zone."

Sunday is a pirate-themed Hallowe'en party for a bunch of 9-year-old girls. I have been hired as a pirate persona to add flavor to the party. Tomorrow I officially throw myself into full preparation for this.

Tuesday (Hallowe'en) is a $500 first prize costume party at a local (Irish) tavern. Was thinking about doing the pirate thing to the hilt, until I learned that "pirate" is the single number one costume of choice for men this year. Oops. I think it's worth the try anyway. It's fun to drink beer as a pirate in an Irish tavern, so what the heck.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Is yer name Samantha?  Now this be darned scary!  I'm Samantha as well, and me birthday just happens to be Halloween as well. 

I'll be darned.

I've invited me best buckos to Mickey's Haloween Haunt at Disneyland's California Adventure.  I can go in costume, which people over nine years of age are not allowed to do.  I think it's cute, meself.

We're all going to downtown Disney before hand fer dinner.

oh, wonderful....

Tomorrow night is a Dark Shadows party in LA, I'll be wearing a flowy nightgown to be a vampire bride. Friday and Saturday is some industry Halloween parties. I'm going to wear my slutty Alice in Wonderland costume. One of the parties is at Bill Farmer's, the voice over actor for Goofy. Yes, as in Disney's Goofy. On the actual day of Halloween I work so I'm doing all my fun stuff this weekend. :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

um, a (historically inaccurate) pirate.

Might even get my friend in costume if I can promise enough beer. :lol: corse we'l be hitting the bar so there will be plenty.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

"What are you, darling? Where's your costume?"

"This is my costume. I'm a homicidal maniac. They look just like everyone else."

~Wednesday Addams and guest

I'm going to go over to my friend John's house and sit with him and his philosophical brother Rick on the front porch, drink wine, discuss life and watch all the kiddies extort candy. Then I'll wander down to the haunted house and get my skeletons and monkey the hell out of there before someone decides to see what happens when you take a hammer to an artificial skeleton.

Pretty much what I do every Halloween, actually. Ah, tradition.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

The crewe of The Blackheart will be pillaging Chillers in downtown Orlando, slush drink and slutty barmaid heaven on Halloween weekend. We will be there on the 28th. On Halloween itself, we don't do any Trick or Drinking... but the weekend - one helluva soiree in three levels of bars in a single place.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Let's see I am going to my sisters annual Halloween party Saturday after my both my son's tournment soccer games. Then on Halloween a party at work and then taking my kids trick-or-treating. Am I dressing for all three yes, but not as a pirate. Choose to do something different this year.

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

On Halloween, nothing. Probably have 3 or 4 people to the door for candy, that's it.

This weekend however is Escondido faire and Halloween for two days for the kids and adults. It's suppose to be really warm, so I'm thinking of wearing my brand new bellydance outfit.

Ifen things go right ... We be draging out all the Cove goodies out to the lawn in the front of our lil shack and dress up as Pirates( only Garb yey Gots anyway...) and pass out the tootsie rolls..and such.. Maybe some sea shanty music for background.. :huh:

I think It will beat the Satan lives tombstone my nieghbor has next door. I was shocked when I saw that last year! :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I'll be watchin me fave Spongebob episode :The flying dutchman and takin me nephew t plunder th neighborhood!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Ifen things go right ... We be draging out all the Cove goodies out to the lawn in the front of our lil shack and dress up as Pirates( only Garb yey Gots anyway...) and pass out the tootsie rolls..and such.. Maybe some sea shanty music for background.. :lol:

I think It will beat the Satan lives tombstone my nieghbor has next door. I was shocked when I saw that last year! :huh:

Why shocked? Was the guy a 'purist'? (trying not to step on religious toes here)

I'm not expecting trick-or-treaters; we live outside town. My friend Sam and I are going to be Siamese twins, joined at the hip. Last year we went Christmas Caroling on Halloween. I don't think we'll ever be able to beat that. I really don't know if we'll actually go anywhere, we're still debating.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained." --Mark Twain

It's too bad that I don't get any trick or treaters......

I was thinking how much fun it would be when they come to my door, and I explaine to them that I'm a Pyrate.... I don't give away candy.... they have to give some to me...... ;)

Maybe that's why I don't get any trick or treaters.......... :lol:

I actually be going as a girly-type pirate. Usually I wear my coat, waistcoat, breeches but I decided to let the cleavage have a go this Halloween (if ever there was a holiday for that this be it!)

Actually I just got an new Ren Faire gown so I'll probably be laced in, pushed up and hold my breath most of the evening !!! :)

Long Live the crew of the CrimsonPermanent Assurance!

My house is going to erupt in no end of spectral phenomena. (Black light is a truly wondrous thing.) Ghosts in every window. Tombstones in the back yard. That sort of thing. No undead monkeys, though.

Some friends come over every year to help haunt; we'll be doing the usual party: hot cider with dry ice, dinner, gummy eyeballs, the works. Trick or treating with the boys, extra early, so we can be home to orchestrate the ectoplasm the rest of the evening.

Halloween on a Tuesday kinda limits the activity on the actual day, drat it. I think I may have been volunteered to make a short appearance at the wife's work in kit -- we actually get the occaisional request there still, from customers as well as staff.

As for this weekend, I was just thinkin' me and the wife should get nekkid and scare the hell outta each other... :lol:

sig2.jpg

As for this weekend, I was just thinkin' me and the wife should get nekkid and scare the hell outta each other... :blink:

That's one door I will keep my kids from Trick-or-Treating at.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Why bother...... just went out and played Pyrate... .. ok a farie, and a bad clown..... that was it for dress up night.....dang.... I hate living in a place where there is absolutly no imagination.........

Damn... I'm living in hell right now.... no thought... no imagination... nothing......buncha red neck ass...... OK PG13...... but heck.....

You would think ... once a year... some of these idiots could do something...... nah.......

Is there anyplace else where people play dress-up for Halloweem?...........

Halloween is my favorite Holliday... messes me up when no one else wants to play........

Ignore the bad spelling.... I'm kinda mad right now... an going to drink myself worse tonight.....