Do ye wear any Pyrate ink??

Billy Longblades

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the best photo, but I've got this compass rose on my sternum.

tat.jpg

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Great ink everybody!

no pirate ink at the present, but I will have early next year.......

"Disobediant Monkeys will be shot, Disobediant Undead Monkeys will be shot repeatedly until morale improves"

"They Says Cap'n Alva went funny in the head and turned to Cannibalism while marooned on a peninsula."- Overheard in a nearby camp

• 1 month later...

No photos, but I've worn the skull and bones over my left shoulder for twenty years. It was my first tattoo. I also wear a large dragon, a rose, and a peace symbol... :lol:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

• 5 weeks later...

Got a couple...

Not yer usual pirate ink....

Mar01019copy2.jpg

PA180012.jpg

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• 5 months later...

I have some other ink, but me n' me lads all share the same mark,

The Brigands tattoo, horned skull with cutlass' at the ready ( instead of at the rest as is the common depiction). LOL had to take the youngest to Connecticut for his, stupid NY laws. His mom ( my ex) was none to happy but that was just an added bonus!

tats1.jpg

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

Hopefully I'll come to me sences befor I go an' do this......

In one of the Hornblower movies, one of the (bad) midshipmen had a skull tattooed on the back of his hand......

SO sometimes I just draw it there in ink, and scare children (parades and such)

and there is a thread in Twill about period tattoos..... and some of them being inked in gun powder.....

So that got me thinking (and this one may not be one of my better trains O' thought.....)

a skull tattooed using black powder fer ink on th' back O' me hand.........

Hopefully I'll come to me sences befor I go an' do this......

In one of the Hornblower movies, one of the (bad) midshipmen had a skull tattooed on the back of his hand......

SO sometimes I just draw it there in ink, and scare children (parades and such)

and there is a thread in Twill about period tattoos..... and some of them being inked in gun powder.....

So that got me thinking (and this one may not be one of my better trains O' thought.....)

a skull tattooed using black powder fer ink on th' back O' me hand.........

bad idea.if youre not sure ,the hand is the last place to try it out. and i wouldnt use gunpowder unless you could be certain it was safe under the skin- long term and short term,im betting it isnt gonna work out too well

I would like to get a small skull & crossbones tattoo on my right wrist, eventually I'll get around to it I'm sure :)

I have 4 tattoos so far, but none of them are pirate tattoos.

I have a small Chinese dragon on my right upper arm, an Italian fire lizard on the underside (don't know how else to explain it in English) of my right arm (close to the wrist, but not on the wrist), a Celtic dragon on the middle of my upper back (close to my neck) and Lenore, the cute little dead girl (from the comics by Roman Dirge) on the left side of my lower back :)

I love tattoos, I want to get quite a few more :)

Crowsnest Kate: Oy. Wouldn't eyeliner tattooing be a bit... painful? It might be dangerous, too. I'm not sure.

odorlesseye: Marvelous idea there. There's something quite dignified about pelicans on piers -- in fact, last year I bought such a sculpture for my aunt and later decided to keep it on account of it was so pretty. (It now lives in a potted plant.)

I doubt you could hurt yourself too badly with black powder, though I wouldn't want to be injecting meself with it. Ate some when I was about two years old; that's as daring as I care to get. :huh:

About that rat 'n' barrel thing -- do you have an image of such? Additionally, would it be required that a pirate have both objects on his footsies? (I'm leaning toward doubting this, knowing how pirates can be.) My sister was just saying that the protagonist of my novel should get a tattoo on his foot; this would be perfect.

Crowsnest Kate: Oy. Wouldn't eyeliner tattooing be a bit... painful? It might be dangerous, too. I'm not sure.

cosmetic tattooing (eyeliner,lipliner) is very common. it should be done by someone licensed in just that tho- not just any tattoo artist.they do use a topical numbing cream also. also you have to be sure to have them "warm" up the color (add some brown) or the strait black ink will turn bluish (as i mentioned earlier)

Just an update......

I decided that a tattoo on the back O' me hand with black powder might not be one o' th' smarter things I ever done.....

So I drew it out in ink ..... just to see if I like it....

Now I'm thinking on me lower right arm.....

the funest bit..... when I drew it out, I used brown ink...... I kinda like how the brown looks.....

So I'm still thinking about it I wanna do it with water and black powder..... or brown ink.....

As I take my tyme to think about this..... I draw the skull and crossed bones on me arm.... just to see if I like it......

But it is "growing on" me......................... :huh:

So now it's a disission between using black powder and water to make the ink... or using brown ink.....................

So now it's a disission between using black powder and water to make the ink... or using brown ink.....................

that should be a very simple choice,but if your only looking for historical (possible) accuracy and not health.permanancy,long term effects,environmental effects,etc, i say go for the gun powder

• 2 weeks later...

Aye, right now I have 8 tattoos. And I am currently trying to decide on me next one. I have been researching several ideas. But I have not yet decieded which one I want to get yet.

Hopefully, I can have Dorian take a few pictures of my tattoos and I can post them later.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll have to get better pictures to show my "Pyrate ink", but at the top of my right arm, in the unfinished part, is a pirate woman, phoenix, and another dragon. The rest of my work is pretty much oriental inspired art.

1333873022_21b70d1abf_m.jpg

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

This is my latest, also not a pirate tattoo but I like it. It won best of show for Friday at the Tampa convention and will be in Tattoo magazine in the next month or so.

200712912527.jpg

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)