Pirate Pumpkin Designs And More

Capt Grey

I see that Johnny Depp made not one, but TWO pumpkin designs!!

There is an architectural organization which holds a contest among their architects to construct 'buildings' out of pumpkins. I remember one year when I was a kid, I did Cinderella's pumpkin coach, using one of those Breyer plastic horses and a Barbie doll

(OK so I was'nt always a pirate but I've changed me ways, haven't I?!!!)

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Hehehe. You sound like me, Claire. The only reason I had Barbies was so I had something to ride my Breyer horses.

And if you still have those horses, they're worth quite a bit these days.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Me thanks Grey me love. Ye be reading me mind. Every year we carve pumkins and i usually do the same old thing. Wanted to be piratical this year.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Okay, so this is not a piratey pumpkin, but I think you should check out ebay. They have a Phantom of the Opera jack o'lantern made out of one of those fake styrofoam-ish pumpkins! The last time I looked, the bidding was up to $51! I guess I know what my new hobby will be this time next year!!!

Those pumpkins are easy to carve. How do I know? I carved a big hole in the bottom of mine to stick my head through.

Yeah. I know...that sounds a bit odd, but hey...it's a costume piece. I was a pirate last year, and now that POTC has come out, it's taken some of the fun out of dressing like a pirate, cause I know 100 other folks will be dressed the same. And, I'm always a pirate at heart. Arrgh!

:lol:

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

While I don't like the styrofoam ones, the plastic ones seem to last a good long time. I have one I bought 6 years ago and it's still alive and kicking.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Hehehe. You sound like me, Claire. The only reason I had Barbies was so I had something to ride my Breyer horses.

And if you still have those horses, they're worth quite a bit these days.

Same...but I did like to sew for them and built them some great houses.... with furniture.....carriage with harness...the troll dolls lived very well too. I never did figure out how you were supposed to "Play" with them.

I think my first Breyer horse, the American Standard Bred...was the reason I learned flat saddle first (owned western types...a Machiavellian morgan-quarter buckskin...darling (appearance) trail horse with a pony mentality (wicked).......)

That Captain Jack pumpkin'll be on my porch!

Capt Grey- I had Barbies to, well . . . kill each other. They were always either on a pirate ship or in a murder mystery. I was a precocious child. :) And my Ken doll was so lame that I wrapped him up in bias tape and made him a sarcophagus. He's still there, in a box with all my other Barbies.