Whopper Chopper: International Pirates Convention!

dickosfortuna

:ph34r: Aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :ph34r:

I fianlly made me first post! It's taken me a while, but I be only in port occassionally, so it ain't bein' easy fer me t' log on to Davy Jones' locker (If ye follow me drift).

Well, there is an event taking place in New Zealand worthy of any pirates attention!

A hearty band of scalliwags has been putting on the scurviest outdoor reggae and pirate festival for a few years now, in the ports of Wellington, New Zealand, at the peak of the kiwi summer (february), callin' themselves Whopper Chopper, they organise a hoard of great, free, outdoor festivals on the charming beaches of Wellington. And this year it is touring the whole country, with outdoor movies, a swag of great reggae and dub acts, games fer the whole barnacle ridden family and booty beyond your wildest dreams! So set yer course fer Wellington, park yer galleon, and soak up the rays! I hope you can all make it! This scurvy dog be stuck in Melbourne Australia at the present time, with me ship gettin' re-hulled, I can only hope to set sail in time meself! Check out their beautiful website! :ph34r:

http://www.whopperchopper.org.nz/

'My own master, on like occasions, would buy a whole pipe of wine and placing it in the street would force everyone that passed him to drink with him, threatening also to pistol them in case they would not do it... and very oftern, with both his hands, he would throw these liquors about the street and wet the clothes of such as walked by, without regarding whether he spoiled their apparel or not, were they men or women.'

B) cheers!

I be new to these waters, but well steeped in the antics of the seven-seas. I think I amnaged to post it in Raids, but it would still be wise to check the Whopper Chopper website for the dates (I'm not some representative of them, just a home-sick seadog who has enjoyed the fine sunny whopper-choppers of past years. It rules! See you there!

(I think I even accidentally posted it twice now in Raids)

B)

'My own master, on like occasions, would buy a whole pipe of wine and placing it in the street would force everyone that passed him to drink with him, threatening also to pistol them in case they would not do it... and very oftern, with both his hands, he would throw these liquors about the street and wet the clothes of such as walked by, without regarding whether he spoiled their apparel or not, were they men or women.'

Nuts.. I must be such a newbie.

Err... It's touring the whole of the North Island this year, and a fair bit of the south too... Starting in November.. Here's a link to the tour page. It's such a cool event. They have all the family events, three legged races, tug-o-war etc, and then theres phat reggae and dreadlocks and beer and barbeques and stuff too!

http://www.whopperchopper.org.nz/tour.htm

then click on the button just below the skull and crossbones, entitled "view tour schedule"

They're showing free films at night, with jazz and stuff too. But if your swash is truly to be buckled, it's the fine dub and reggae that'll billow yer sails!

B)

I be seein now. Ifin I be knowin bout this earlier like maybe'n a month ago I might be able to attend but on suck short notice I be knowing I not be able to attend.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

:( arrr.... but there be a glimmer of hope yet! It runs till late February! So if ye be game fer a tight schedule, it still be a possibility, maybe? Say, El Pirata, are you having yer own vessel?! Do you actually sail a real, wooden, ship?!

I sent the link to a freind of mine who lives in Wellington NZ. She said it might be apart of the International Arts Festival? Anyway she's going to keep her eyes peeled for it. She says it sounds like a hoot!

I think it does too.

Thanks

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

:lol: I'm shocked somebody in Wellington didn't already know about it. FYI(& theirs) it started as part of the Cuba St Carnival, which is actually run by Whopper CHopper cru.

• 2 months later...
Do you actually sail a real, wooden, ship?!

*Interjects* I do! ....well maybe not so much a 'ship' as a 'raft', but let's not get technical.

I do wish I could get te New Zealand fer that. Sounds a mighty fine event. Unfortunately that would be all my birthdays and Yules till I'm 30. I'll be with ye in spirit!

"Oh, never, never, never again,

If I live to be a hundred or a hundred and ten.

I fell to the ground and I couldn't get up

After drinking a pint of the Johnny Jump Up."

~"Johnny Jump Up" -Gaelic Storm

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."

-Sigmund Freud (on the Irish)