What Do You Look For In A Mermaid?

I lkie the idea of red and orange. THere is matalic fabric out there that is different colors for different directions. I'm thinking a color fade from a deep red to orange. Red at the tip of the tail to orange at the top. Why not simply have the fin and scales blend to a strapless boddice? I also like Jack's idea of using a coat and a hat! Undoubtedly from a captain that you called to the sea.

I'm seeing the coloration on a betta also blue to red.

I also have visions of the koi from Fantasia ...scarves and all ...so many choices and only one Kendra!

so many choices and only one Kendra!

And some are thinking "Thank God for that!"

I am definately thinking the non fish part will look like a pirate. She is a "Pirates Dream!"

That's the theme I am going with, however she is not just another pretty face.

No she is the Captain's scout and salvager. Basicly she is being held captive by pirates!

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Or maybe some really tasty kelp?

lol

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

• 4 weeks later...

A long time ago, my boss went to a party as a mermaid and Jack O'Neil (of wet suit fane was her date... he was dressed as Posidian).... but she made the tail part of the costume where she couldn't walk in it (hey mermaids can't really walk, now can they...)

So for the entire night, she got "passed around".... everyone played with the idea of it.......

I've seen the mermaids that can walk in kinda hobble skirt kinda tails.... but dang.... I still like the concept of my bosse's mermaid......

A long time ago, my boss went to a party as a mermaid and Jack O'Neil (of wet suit fane was her date... he was dressed as Posidian).... but she made the tail part of the costume where she couldn't walk in it (hey mermaids can't really walk, now can they...)

So for the entire night, she got "passed around".... everyone played with the idea of it.......

I've seen the mermaids that can walk in kinda hobble skirt kinda tails.... but dang.... I still like the concept of my bosse's mermaid......

I can't walk so either way I need another wway to get around, the tail I had last time was too confining and hard to use in the privy. This year there will be no mermaid for me, but I definately plan to do it next year. I have a great plan. I just need a couple of strong sailors to go with me.

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

the tail I had last time was too confining and hard to use in the privy.

Yes....human toilets are not convienent to mermaid tails..... :lol:

Heck, Faire privys are not convenient to any one especially if you got a couple ales in ya and in garb. I know I have problems with most porta-privys they are just to darn small.

I love the colours in this dress and the way they shade from turquoise, to blue to navy to violet -- that would be a cool effect for a mermaid tail!

18104_1_large.jpg

For a top, I envision a quilted bodice in pale turquoise, embroidered with silver thread and studded with seed-pearls.

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

I love the colours in this dress and the way they shade from turquoise, to blue to navy to violet -- that would be a cool effect for a mermaid tail!

18104_1_large.jpg

For a top, I envision a quilted bodice in pale turquoise, embroidered with silver thread and studded with seed-pearls.

Cheers, Hester

That is so beautiful!!

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

• 3 weeks later...