Portland Pirate Festival

Bosun Carmina

Anyone else planning on attending the Portland Pirate Festival in Portland, Oregon on September 23rd? The tall ship Lynx will be there, with a ship to shore battle, and ye'll get to see Captain Bogg and Salty in concert along with many other musicians and entertainers! I'm plannin' on catchin' the festival since I'll be up in Seattle visiting my son that weekend.

http://www.portlandpiratefestival.com/

:lol: Yar, and ahoy Mates! ... she be right, ye know. The Portland Pirate Festival will be a most rollickin' piratical time for all. The question was asked "Why be it only for one day".. well, because it is the 1st year, and there's a lot of start-up monies involved, that's why. The LYNX costs money, lads... the park.. costs money, noise ordinance variations for various noisy ordnance... cost money.. yarrrr.

But come and spend yer swag, ye dock wallopin' lubbers.. and next year (already planned, bucky) will be two days... haryharhar...

:lol:

Also, there be great grub and grog... from Salvador Molly's Pirate Cookin' to our own Rogue Brewery .. :lol:

Captain Splinter

I'll be there, barring any unforeseen circumstance. BB

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

Ah, Captain Splinter!!! Long time, no see!! Last time I saw ye was last year when we marched in the Starlight Parade, except ye know me as Lightning Bolt instead of Bosun Carmina! Lookin' forward to raidin' Portland in September! Too bad Sea Wolf can't come with me, too!

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that the first Portland Pirate Festival has one fatal flaw. I would love to support a local pirate get-together, but it's the same weekend as the largest pirate festival on the west coast! Is it too late to change? I know it is, but it's too bad. I'm sure you'd get a lot more support if it was a vweekend earlier or later. BB

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

I just noticed that the first Portland Pirate Festival has one fatal flaw. I would love to support a local pirate get-together, but it's the same weekend as the largest pirate festival on the west coast! Is it too late to change? I know it is, but it's too bad. I'm sure you'd get a lot more support if it was a vweekend earlier or later. BB

Aye Mr Bones...

Most scallywags (M'self included) will be coming ashore at Ojai that weeks end. B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings:

Ye can find info on Piratical Events happening within one day's sail of Portlandia (portland, Oregon) at the PDX Pirate Calendar: http://www.pdxpirate.org

Geographical area is mainly Portland Metro area but we welcome events from all over the Northwest, including Ren Faires and all other events for garbed pirates, like Talk Like a Pirate Day Pub crawls.

Feel free to post an event. Details at the site.

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
:lol: Aye, Portland Pirate Festival was terrific fun. Great weather for me though it may have been a tad hot for some. I loved talking to all the scallywags I've oft seen but hadn't yet met. Late evening was even better than earlier in the day, more excitement, more mavens, less civilians. (Okay, I may be a pirate greenhorn but I have aspirations!) :( Lorien Stormfeather, Thanks for the pdxpirate info! It led my family to a great late night TLAP Day supper at Salvador Molly's!