pirtaes csg

Hi, Pearl:

What kind of glue does your son use?

My son used school glue sticks. You have to give appropriate drying time (at minimum 24 hours), but it was the easiest to apply to the fine areas and the least messiest.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I use the brush-on model cement. This stuff is really just methyl-ethyl-ketone. It dissolves the plastic, so what you are doing is welding the original sail material. Just don't breathe the fumes, MEK is evil stuff.

Lay the two pieces out on a flat, clean piece of white paper and test the fit of the mating edges. Pick them up and brush a little model cement on both edges. Lay them back down on the paper and press-fit for a count of sixty. I do it this way in order to get the most accurate fit. The join is nearly invisible.

Let dry for two hours, for the last of the MEK to evaporate off and the joint to fully solidify. Should be good as new.

Anybody else get the Guichuan? It's wicked cool, jes' cos it's a TEN mast ship! It's bloody expensive (30 points) an' slow as blazes, but it's threatnin' cos o' the shear size o' the thing. Plus ye only need ta roll better than a two or three ta do damage with the cannons.

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.