Any others dissapoointed with POTC 2?

All I was asking was a question. If, in the tirades of a particular poster, had the human element ever been considered. It was just a question. A question.

Which is sort of an invitation for that person to respond and rebut. Thus we get into an endless loop of increasingly angry discussion over...a movie. As you said, "Yeah, like it, don't like it." List your reasons and wander on to another topic.

I have yet to convince anyone to see things the way I see them, especially by becoming upset. In fact, if I take a moment and try to get a glimpse, a mere glimmer, of the situation from someone else's POV, I learn something. Look at the discussion Captain Enigma and I were having over the soundtrack to Muppet's Treasure Island. Turns out he was right! (And I learned something.) Very zen or something.

One persons truth is not everyone's truth. That was just a non theartening comment.

From my observations, one person's truth is theirs alone. No two people see the world in the same way. Everyone's outlook is built upon their experiences, principles, outlook and focus (among other things). No one shares those things in common, so everyone sees things differently. (Sorry, waxing philosophical again.)

I've become a real fan for Davey Jones.   :blink:

I like Norrington, myself. I expect great things of the man. (Although he may also just get tossed aside as a company man and thrown to the wolves. I hope not.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i like Norrington, myself. I expect great things of the man. (Although he may also just get tossed aside as a company man and thrown to the wolves. I hope not.)

Oooohh.... I wouldn't go there if I were you. :blink:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

[i like Norrington, myself. I expect great things of the man. (Although he may also just get tossed aside as a company man and thrown to the wolves. I hope not.)

Oooohh.... I wouldn't go there if I were you. :blink:

From my observations, one person's truth is theirs alone. No two people see the world in the same way. Everyone's outlook is built upon their experiences, principles, outlook and focus (among other things). No one shares those things in common, so everyone sees things differently. (Sorry, waxing philosophical again.)

Which was my point exactly. B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

So Iron Bess you like Davey Jones....must be all those tentacles with suckers..... :blink:

(Snort)... nothing if the sort!

I can just appreciate a lad with his own ship and no payments to make. B)

Besides, Bill Nighy is the NICEST guy!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Bill always seemed like he'd be really cool! And I just loved him in Love Actually, so funny in that too!

I first saw him in a movie called I Capture the Castle. He didn't make so much of an impression upon me, but the movie did. It was a neat movie about a girl growing up. (Nighy played her semi-crazy author father.)

Nah, I have a pretty good idea about Jones' fate, Norrington's seems like the potential wild card.

"Am I not?"

Iron Bess ye missed the double pun in what I wrote. Heheeeeeee! ;)

I most certainly did NOT m'love....

Just ignored it! ;)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Well considering you obviously don't have anything better to do...

So you must take it as a sign from above that your Dee Dee Dee is annoying everyone and step down.

First you can't just leave it alone can you?

Ah well such is life....second, as stated, this thread was hijacked by turning this personal against me. Ah, well if that is the only way it could be done...I feel important.

As also stated, this is a waste as the film was a waste...so be it. I have better things to do in real life. ...

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

I... think we accomplished leaving it alone as the last 12 posts seem to indicate...

Christine, I'll see if I can find one of Davey Jones too. Before and after.

Talk about treasure! ;)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I thoroughly enjoyed DMC that I have seen it 30 times. I was in a state of depression last night when I couldn't find it at my local theater but it is still playing so I plan on seeing it again tonight.

Besides laughing hysterically at Jack and his silliness, trying to get that undead monkey or becoming a fruitkabob, I was amazed at the new layers of Jack that came into play. For the first time we see a Jack who is actually afraid of the end/aka his death. As he talks with Bootstrap and says to him" It's funny what a man will do to forstall his own future"...Jack is talking about himself, not about Bootstrap.

There's the carry over when Jack falls into an opened and unmarked grave. Jack's response as he looks around "oh" and what is Jack's response when he confronts Davy Jones on the Pearl?

"oh"

Death is staring Jack in the face and all he can say is "oh"...

Johnny has said in many interviews that we will see new sides of Jack. Jack is still Jack but in different situations that Jack cannot control, change or prevent.

So the second movie is of the characters maturing. The entire movie is about betrayal and bartering whether it is for profit or pleasure.

I am hypnotized by Bill Nighy and his Davy Jones. I have to laugh when I think of him doing the entire Jones portrayal in his pj's with those sticky balls velcroed to his clothes. But watch his expression underneath the cgi. BRILLIANT! His movements and gestures are so fine tuned.

If you get the chance to see it again, watch how he and Johnny walk facing each other on the Pearl. Absolutely priceless!

Kracken? Can't get enough of that squid. Give me more Kracken!

The movie wasn't too long for me and I wish that the few scenes that were deleted could have been included. It was more of an action film and truly went by fast and it didn't seem like a movie that was over 2 hours long.

I for one wish that number 3 wouldn't be coming out so soon as that will be the end of Jack Sparrow and we won't ever see him again on the big screen. boo hoo...

kttcsignature.jpg

I for one wish that number 3 wouldn't be coming out so soon as that will be the end of Jack Sparrow and we won't ever see him again on the big screen. boo hoo...

:o Hmmmmmmm......?

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:lol: Hmmmmmmm......?

:lol:

Yeah, I don't think the 3rd one will be the last and final movie, just a guess really-lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Yeah, I don't think the 3rd one will be the last and final movie, just a guess really-lol!

Gore has said in a few interviews that this is it for him. Of course Bruckheimer could make him an offer he can't refuse! LOL

Johnny would be willing to make as many as he could as he loves to play Jack Sparrow but unfortunately he has several projects legally signed thru his company including acting and directing. Depp fans are waiting for the Rum Diaries, Shantaram and Sweeny Todd...

The other principals in the movie have projects as well and it would take major work and years to get them back together.

kttcsignature.jpg

Not too big though or it will not fit in the jar or nor the Dead man's chest :ph34r:

I must say that i liked the film from the begining to the end . Though I would have liked to see some scenes at the Turkish prison . So I can't wait to see the third part .

And I would not be sad at all if a fourth part was announced , just shoot my flintlock in the air :ph34r:

portroyalbannerfinalbig-1.gif

always surrounded by shadows , always in the shadow. A spectre he be !

I've skimmed thru the posts, ducking the jabs and punches :ph34r: and I have come across with this...

Too much emphasis on the trilogy thing. It's not a trilogy per se. The first movie was made complete. T&T had to do a script based on a story that already had its ending. They truly accomplished this with bringing a darker side to the story, bringing in new characters, each with their own agenda and exposing different sides to Jack.

Closing in on 4 billion dollars with several countries just going to open the film this coming weekend, there is something to respect about this movie even if you disliked its plot,the dark side,Kracken, Water Wheel ,the score, the length or the ball cage of bones... it is the most talked about, anticipated and watched movie this summer.

The bottom line is this and it hold quite true for many of us, if a movie doesn't motivate you or change your life in any way, shape or form, then it's not the movie for you. You have every right to complain if the movie has no value other than the ticket you paid for. Most of us want to be entertained when we attend a movie, not to be disappointed.

Hopefully for those who were disapointed in DMC will clearly enjoy the 3 movie. I am still seeing DMC in the theatre unil it's time runs out. Then I will have to wait for the special 2 disc set that is coming out on Dec. 5th.

kttcsignature.jpg

<_< Hmmmmmmm......?

Someone told me this weekend that they had heard they were already preparing 4. I told them until I read it around here, I was believing nothing of the kind. The same person also told me that 3 was done and they were just holding off until next year.

(So which is it Bess? :D )

"Am I not?"