Any others dissapoointed with POTC 2?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note to Billy Bones and Iron Bess:

I think you are mis-understanding here, commenting about what one likes and dislikes about a movie is quite normal.

Uuhh... yes, I believe I said that.

I was into to pirates long before POTC came out and the Pub was started well before that movie came out.

So were most of us Rumba.

So please don't lump everybody together. A few of us hearty souls were here long before POTC hit the screens.

What are you talking about?? Who was lumped together and in what way? Just trying to understand here...

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Sorry if anyone feels that only positive remarks should be made...and please note that I have not named anyone at all in my posts...contrary to others who feel they can call me out on something.  Ah  yes I know I must be careful...I know there are those that feel that since they are friends with the Admins that they can do as they please and censor contrary opinions...but, again correct me if I am wrong...aren't those in the industry the most vigorous defenders of free speech ...unless it seems to be, IMHO,  contrary to their opinions.    Yet, here it is a statement basically telling me to shut up...hummm again, free speech only for a certain few.  OH well such is life!

:ph34r:   :lol:   :lol:

Well have a wonderful day!

(chuckle) You flatter me my dear... and I believe you need to go back and re read my post. No where was it suggested you be denied the right to post whatever you like. In fact, I believe I supported your rights.

I was simply pointing out that there is also a human element attached to all your complaints. No matter how justified to you your statments are, peoples hard work is being regailed and belittled. Do you have those rights? Of COURSE you do... I was merely pointing out you'd said it again and again without any aparent thought on that part of the subject. Maybe you consider that a hazard of the business and you don't care about peoples feelings. (shrug) Fair enough. I was just pointing it out since I do care about the folks like Billy and others who have worked for years just so you can tell them how lousey they did.. And don't think it's about me. I've been in this business over 36 years and it really is "sticks and stones love".

And really, never, ever mistake something that is posted by someone else as my possible opinion. I am always very clear on where I stand.

Very clear and I need the support or protection of no site owners or other moderators to do so.

Free speech and all that, right?

:unsure:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I'm sorry if I sort of mis-placed wording, dyslexic pirates do that you know...

I did't mean you lumping, I meant Billy Bones just seemed to have done it.

No offense to him, you, or anyone else.

Yes POTC#2 is a great movie and we all understand the hard work that goes into such productions. I hope that #3 will help clear up some things that currently are unclear.

I see once again it was ignored that this thread is entitled.

"ANY OTHERs DISSAPPOINTED WITH POTC 2?"

This is the thread to post the disappointments with the movie!

And again it is ignored...that I didn't say the ENTIRE movie was bad...now did I?

NO I didn't...I said it was irritating with the holes written in it. I never said anything about Billy, now did I? NO I didn't. I said it was badly written...with the holes in it. Actors can only do so much with what they are given...Someone mentioned that some of the scenes were left on the cutting room floor, and of course, actors can not be blamed if the editing was bad!

When someone came up and stated we needed to buy the DVD in order to see what was cut out of it... I stated that people should not have to buy something what was paid for already. That is a bad decision on the part of the director, editor and suits. NOT of the actors...so where am putting down the actors and stunt people in my comments? I am not.

So, get your facts straight and stop being so thin skinned. Perhaps you are too close to the project to take any sort of criticism.

And yes I think it funny and will continue to do so. :rolleyes:B)B)

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

I'm more disapointed that Lady Seahawke and her ilk are disapointed in things that normal people liked about Potc2.

Potc2 did wonderful at box office, and you CAN'T say "well people saw the movie and then were disapointed" because then how do you account for the movie lasting as long as it has? Now Miami Vice, that was a disapointment and the box office shows that.

Try to cut down on your stupid giggling pirate pictures and your massively annoying epliptic seizure inducing signature, before Lady Seahawke and her fleet of too-much-time-on-her-hands-ness becomes a character in Potc3 that gets eaten by the Kraken then pooped out in small chunks to be eaten by seagulls.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

I'm more disapointed that Lady Seahawke and her ilk are disapointed in things that normal people liked about Potc2.

:rolleyes::lol::lol:

This is absolutely frigg'n hilarious...this thread has gone from talking about a question that was started by another person..."Any Others Disappointed with POTC2?" Which, by the way, was what my posts have been about and not pointing fingers at anyone here or such...and has gone to ...

To bashing me!

I am so very honored that there are those here that thinks my opinion is so significant that I can have such a powerful effect on things.

Thank you one and all for making me important. (Bowing in regal wonderment) This is truely an astounding occasion.

Try to cut down on your stupid giggling pirate pictures and your massively annoying epliptic seizure inducing signature, before Lady Seahawke and her fleet of too-much-time-on-her-hands-ness becomes a character in Potc3 that gets eaten by the Kraken then pooped out in small chunks to be eaten by seagulls.

It reallys says something when the come back is personal...and as far as my lauging icons...it means I really am laughing while typing...and as far as my signature goes...well, mine is no worse then those that have massive pictures so large that I have to scroll seemingly forever in order to read the entire post. But, I have never complained about that because that is a person's preference...but, once again, I am being singled out on a particular issue here.

Alas, what do I have to say about it.... shrug... who cares. This is just too funny. As far as too much time on my hands...take a look to see how long I have been a member of this pub, then check to see how many posts I have written compared to some others around here. I am far from having too much time on my hands. But, as stated this is just too funny to ignore.

OH, ....And as far as my character being put into a movie...

Can we say $$$$ into my pocket? :)

:lol::lol:

(BTW - I really never make any assumptions about about anyone online contrary to what others have to me. It is really amazing that people make judgements without ever having met or talked with another person. :) Oh well, such is life. Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. HUZZAH B) )

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

I have to tell a story about Star Wars.... (it will get back on topic at the end...)

The first Star Wars movie..... WOW....

The second, well it was the half way part, the third one will make it all better....

I thought the third one "sucked" the flashy sparkly happy ending...... barf...

I felt cheated..... dang it started out sooooo goood.................

OK... so they do the prequel.... so I go to see what is now the first movie (but really the fourth......) Jar-Jar binks... the rasta lizard was kinda fun..... but how the heck am I sopose to "get into" Akiem (whatever) the kid that will grow- up to be Darth Vador.....

So when the second (well fifth) and last movie came out..... by that time I figured why waste any more money on any of them...... so I never saw them when they came out....

Well.... at the library, there was a book about all of the props in the fourth movie..... dang... they put a lot of time into the background detail.... So for funsies, I decided to rent the last two movies.... not expecting much... just wanted to see the CGI graphics and special effects......

The second one (#5) was an OK bridge.... the special effects were fun....

But dang (OK all of the Star Wars fans don't have to be mad at me after this...) I realy liked how they "tied-up the whole story.... kinda redeamed the entire story.....how Darth Vador got seduced into the "dark side"

So I LOVED the first movie, and the very last one........ but without the other ones....... dang..... guess it all wouldn't have worked.....

OK.... so now back to Pirates of the Carribean.....

I enjoyed the movie... lots of fun action... adventure.... all the good stuff ...

but there was "something" that just wasn't quite " right."....(dang if I can figure out what it is tho.....)

Maybe it was that Jack was so preoccupied....... heck... I can't figgure out exactly what it was.....(I guess the fact that I hate Elizabeth...(that slut) hey... they did good... even if I'm going off on something totaly else....)

But Hopefully.... in the third movie, it will all be explained...... I just Hope it dosen't turn out to be lame......

I guess it isn't fair to judge one move because of dissapointments in another movie..... (OK... it DID turn out OK..... but it took six of them to do so.......)

I enjoyed "Dead Man's Chest"..... I just so don't wanna be dissapionted with the last movie.......

SO I'll just have to wait untill the third one comes out...... then decide......

"I am so very honored that there are those here that thinks my opinion is so significant that I can have such a powerful effect on things."

Well... B) I don' t think you can honestly say that is how you see *my* input into these conversations. I work with powerful people and know the effect when I see it. I don't see it here in anyone.

"So, get your facts straight and stop being so thin skinned. Perhaps you are too close to the project to take any sort of criticism."

Hmmmm.... perhaps we not alone in our being wrapped in a little tissue paper skin? My *facts* are all quite stright thank you. Anything you persieve otherwise must have been posted as a question. Questions are not facts as a rule. They are questions.

And, there is NO NEED guys for personal attacks. People are entitled to an opinion.

What I was asking was had you at all considered anyone's feelings into you continual and on going hate mail and I suppose it's clear now that no, you didn't and if it doesn't somehow support your views you have no intention of doing so now.

(chuckle)

Alright, m'dear.

Thank you for proving my point. :rolleyes:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

What I was asking was had you at all considered anyone's feelings into you continual and on going hate mail and I suppose it's clear now that no, you didn't and if it doesn't somehow support your views you have no intention of doing so now.

Excusie...but there has been no hate whatsoever in anything I have written. I pity people who takes things so personally. again shows thin skin and a personal attack to call what I have written as hate. Again, if someone takes, IMHO, my so-called minority opinion as a reason to feel bad...then, again IMHO, that person must have very low self esteem.

sigh, AGAIN...LET'S REMEMBER THAT THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD IS "ANY OTHERS DISAPPOINTED IN POTC2" I was pointing out what I saw as lacking in the film AS WAS REQUESTED IN THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD...nothing personal there whatsoever. OTHERS have stated the same thing...something was a bit off, was lacking in the film. Perhaps, the problem is I actually pointed out where it lacked, not just a disappointed generic feeling and fear that it might set others to thinking why they were disappointed.

But, When someone can't justify their positions it seems the rebuttal must turn personal. Therefore, IMHO, it actually proves my point, especially when this thread has been hijacked (in, IMHO, a very smooth way) to a debate about me instead of the film.

Oh well, such is life.

Have a wonderful day!

:rolleyes:B):lol:

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Yes, this thread is about those who were disappointed, but those who were disappointed made their point then moved on. You on the other hand went on and on about it. Continued to say how much you did not like this movie. It was getting to the point that you were ready to march down to the theater and demand your money back! By the way you went on about it, it sounded more than just disappointment with this movie. Something deeper went on with this movie with you, for whatever the reason.

I'm sure you'll continue to repeat the same crap you've already been saying: "You're thin skinned", "This thread is for those disappointed" or whatever else!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I have viewed things as a friendly (at least from my side) debate on the film.

As far as, stating what one has to say and then move on...the same can be said about those loving the film, many have not just stated what they like then moved on...but have been in a constant dialogue ...but again, one side can the other can't.

Whatever.... :rolleyes:B):lol:

Anyway, I have learned some time ago to never assign an emotion to a post...because, the emotion assigned is actually (most often) coming from within the person reading said post and not from the writter. Hence the misunderstandings and conflicts noted even here at the pub. So sad, IMHO, on state of things.

But, IMHO, enough time has been wasted on the debate (which has turned to personal attacks on me...which was started by another) on this film.

OH, Of course, I always reserve the right to give a rebuttal or retort on anything written from this point on. Now, therefore, it is up to others whether this will continue or not.

Have a grand day!

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

If I do, which I always do... can we say personal preference...

So now the question comes to mind as to...

...and that bothers you why????

:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Have a good day!

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Master Hand, I like your Star Wars analogy and I quite agree with it (except that I thought Empire was great, but to this day I still hate Ewoks :rolleyes: ).

Although this is not my area of moderation, I would recommend the moderator lock this topic to avoid any more "misunderstandings".

Lady Seahawk is quite correct that this thread is for discussing disappointment in the movie and everyone should allow those posters their say. Afterall, we have several threads dedicated to those that loved the movie. Personal attacks are unwarrented and unnessary and only keeps the thread going in a useless direction.

My two-dubbloons worth.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I second the locking proposal. Obviously, as an owner of horseflesh, I'm loathe to see it so wantonly and unnecessarily beaten as is has been here. One must keep in mind the saying that "No matter how wonderful a thing is, someone, somehwere, will hate it."

So, please; someone offer this poor dead horse of a subject the Last Rites it deserves, and we can go about out merry ways and bitch about some thing else.

Note to self: That was a very good Long Island Tea. I should have at least two more... :rolleyes:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

I second the locking proposal.  Obviously, as an owner of horseflesh, I'm loathe to see it so wantonly and unnecessarily beaten as is has been here.  One must keep in mind the saying that "No matter how wonderful a thing is, someone, somehwere, will hate it."

So, please; someone offer this poor dead horse of a subject the Last Rites it deserves, and we can go about out merry ways and bitch about some thing else.

Note to self:  That was a very good Long Island Tea.  I should have at least two more...  :rolleyes:

(chuckle) Oh indeed... lock the topic. I am all for saving the livestock. :lol:

Oh course, that is only *IMHO* :lol: .

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Alas, now using icons is forbidden to me?

Whatever... :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

But, tis correct there are soooo many thread dedicated to the love of the film...and those that participate in that come here to debate those that saw a problem with it...but, then they really don't want a debate only to hijack it and in order to do that, personal attacks were begun against me.

Of the last a question was asked I answered it with another question. and...yep, another personal attack against me.

Ah well, such is life. I agree lock the topic...

HUZZAH!!! :lol::lol:

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

lock it or everyone just stop posting here...I had made the offer once before but others couldn't leave it alone.

... I have better things to do...

Though as before, if others won't leave it be, I reserve the right to give rebuttal or retort.

B) Huzzah! B)

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Well considering you obviously don't have anything better to do...

So you must take it as a sign from above that your Dee Dee Dee is annoying everyone and step down.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

It would appear all the mod's are on vacation or just not around.

I've asked Bloody Buckets to see about it.

Retort away. :blink:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

The first  Star Wars movie..... WOW....

Yeah. Have you gone back and watched it again and realized how simple it actually was, Patrick? It's still the best film of the series. It had the right mix of stuff and enough of a "gee-whiz" factor to get me interested.

The second, well it was the half way part, the third one will make it all better....

I thought the third one "sucked" the flashy sparkly happy ending...... barf...

I liked the second one - it was well written, I think. But I hated being left on the hook for three years. That sort of spoiled Empire as being the best movie of the series for me.

It's a little more acceptable these days, having been done in several movie series. I still don't like it, probably a residue of feeling cheated by George so long ago...

But dang (OK all of the Star Wars fans don't have to be mad at me after this...) I realy liked how they "tied-up the whole story.... kinda redeamed the entire story.....how Darth Vador got seduced into the "dark side"

Again, some of the writing was pretty well done IMO. (Not the romance scenes...uck.) And we were given the explanations in a nice, neat package. Plus the story wasn't quite the downer I expected it to be, for some reason. (That's good IMO.)

OK.... so now back to Pirates of the Carribean.....

I enjoyed the movie... lots of fun action... adventure.... all the good stuff ...

but there was "something" that just wasn't quite " right."....(dang if I can figure out what it is tho.....)

I think for me it was being left on the hook again, missing some of the novelty of discovering an interesting new world and the points I raised on the first page of this post. (No sense in reiterating all that.) I enjoyed the movie too. Just not enough to see it more than once in the theatre. (I won't even admit how many times I saw the first one in the theater.)

But Hopefully.... in the third movie, it will all be explained...... I just Hope it dosen't turn out to be lame......

I expect Terry and Ted will comport themselves nicely. They are pretty good writers and I enjoy their movies more than a lot of others that Hollywood churns out.

As for shutting down this thread...why? Some of the discussions the last two days have been close to the edge in terms of flaming, but most of the people are behaving. If you're getting hot and bothered by what's being said, step away from the topic for a day or two. Forums are all about people agreeing and disagreeing about trivialities.

And Bess, God love ya' (I do), but the end product is all we can judge the movie on. I understand your point about all those involved, but when a movie works, everyone involved celebrates. When it doesn't, they go onto the next movie. Based on the take to date, this movie works, all critics (including me) aside. So they should celebrate.

To paraphrase Lincoln, "You can satisfy all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can't satisfy all of the people all of the time."

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

And Bess, God love ya' (I do), but the end product is all we can judge the movie on. I understand your point about all those involved, but when a movie works, everyone involved celebrates. When it doesn't, they go onto the next movie. Based on the take to date, this movie works, all critics (including me) aside. So they should celebrate.

To paraphrase Lincoln, "You can satisfy all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can't satisfy all of the people all of the time."

And I agree with you whole heartedely... the end justifies the efforts.

It's common knowledge that success breeds a thousand parents and a failure is an orphan...

All I was asking was a question. If, in the tirades of a particular poster, had the human element ever been considered. It was just a question. A question.

I think I can asertain that answer for m'self. :blink:

One persons truth is not everyone's truth. That was just a non theartening comment.

It's begining to look like this is more about having the last word then making a sincere point. Otherwise, there would be no need to tell everyone to stop posting at this jucture in the narrative.

Yeah, like it, don't like it.

The banks love it. I liked it. I REALLY like the 3rd one... maybe by the time it's done I'll love it and won;t worry about saying so.

I've become a real fan for Davey Jones. B)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif