Broadsides and Boarding Parties

Blind Rhoid Pyle

I was wonderin' iffen any of yas played the 'ol Gamemasters game "Broadsides and Boarding Parties?" I first saw B&B (the game, not the booze) when I was a young man, and thought it looked like a lot of fun. I wish I'd bought it then. Later I found the other Gamemasters Games (Axis & Allies, Shogun, Fortress America, etc.) and found 'em right fun to be playin'. Unfortunately, B&B was discontinued.

I had to raid eBay to get me hands on a copy of the game. Seems like a lot of other swabs be wantin' this game too, as it fetches quite an admirable sum. Even games with missin' pieces are highly prized.

The game is a lot of fun to play, but me, bein' a blind pirate, keeps knockin ' all the little pieces over, and makin' a mess 'o things.

Any o' you be playin' this?

:ph34r:

Lessons learned in life are directly proportionate to how much money lost. Bottom line: if you really want it now then you have to be willing to pay the price.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Lessons learned in life are directly proportionate to how much money lost. Bottom line: if you really want it now then you have to be willing to pay the price.

I do throughly agree about the ask'n price being the ask'n price, but I do feel lessons in life proportional to the time and heart invested and calculated the the value of the "wisdom" gained...eventually (not to mention it's application, being optional........). Is it a board game? I've never run across it. If the publisher is still in business bring yer guns to bear and entice them to a reissue.....as PotC is likey to be a short series a movies....(if the quality keeps up may it be prolonged....)..interest will likely be aroused for the game....

That's what separates man from animals. I, an animal, will force a square peg into a round hole. Zephyr, a man, will sand the peg down round for a perfect fit with half the work. Me hat's off.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Oh, yes, the Square Peg /Round Hole conundrum...

I just keep collecting them, hoping for a proper fit. It will NEVER happen. Classic obsessive/compulsive behaviour.

Similar to collecting Pirate-related board games, maybe.

But they provide such visual interest on the mantle.....

Zephyr, a man, will sand the peg down round for a perfect fit with half the work. Me hat's off.

This Zephyr, be'n female, will sand down a few of em afore she's pleased with the result (time allow'n, and not always), if we were all like that nothing would ever get done...I admire the robust and daring...

Ok, I'll walk me own plank.  If you prefer I have me a yardarm...
Robust (robustious?) and daring. You use the diving board to practice? floating for a while, drink in hand to refresh between sessions?

plank walking, that is.......

• 2 weeks later...