Me Boarding Rig

julius27

Fer any who are interested in such things, I have read many descriptions (including official court testimonies) of a pirate being so heavily armed that the observer was astonished that he could stand under the weight. I proceeded ta pack me baldric 'til there was no more room fer another weapon at all! The followin' be the result:

2133945160053110953cwYqPw_ph.jpg

2822161080053110953jANnam_ph.jpg

2339643430053110953XIvtls_ph.jpg

2846597080053110953bbigvd_ph.jpg

2900722480053110953iimfIh_ph.jpg

2773196300053110953tKJSws_ph.jpg

2356928850053110953HqPxjl_ph.jpg

Too bad I only got the two hands!

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

Ahoy Julius! For some reason the pics are not showing up, mate... ;)

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

I be usin' webshots, mate. An' like I said, I seen 'em fine when I previewed the post an' when I looked back at it the first time. I'm gettin' frustrated!

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

Alright, here be a pic o' me wearin' the cursed thing an' none o' the weapons free o' their moorin's. If that comes up, I'll put 'em all on Photobucket an' repost.

100_0341.jpg

It's quite a little "overdressed"...

Pirates may have owned a lot of weapons, and they also may have them worn...but I'm pretty sure they didn't at the same time...!

Let's sort it out and check the weight:

-Two pistols, here cheap toys. Real ones three times as big and heavy. Together: 3 Kilogram

-Boarding Knife: Why two? The one on your back will it make much more difficult to go within the boarded ship's riggin. Weight of an authentic one: One Kilo.

-Knife: Always a good idea. But why such a large on? Unsuitable to make ropework or to silently grab an enemy sentry.

What I miss at this costume: Powder, balls, maybe a boarding hook or belaying nail.

At the other hand: It looks quite...impressive:)

Jack

Aye, yer points be all good (don't yet have suitable shot an' powder containers). The main point ta my mind bein' that if yer suitably intimidatin', ye've no need ta use any o' the gear anyways. Then ye take what ye want, trade ships if theirs be in better shape, an' set 'em on their way. Why go ta all the work o' killin' folk if ye can get 'em ta give up without a struggle, eh? This rig be around fifty pounds (whatever that comes to metric), an' its a right bloody lot ta be totin' around ta be sure!

A word of reminder... this post, being as it is in Plunder, isn't really subject to the same scrutiny or criticism that it would be if posted in Capt Twill. With that... if someone wants to copy parts of this into Capt Twill and discuss it there, I would be happy to follow along and join in.

:)

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Another thing I fergot about an' thought I'd mention. The reason I got no extra shot or powder, is once ye shoot, yer probly too close ta other lubbers lookin' ta gut ye ta be takin' the time ta reload. Just go to the next biggest weapon 'til its no good an' so on.

<_<:lol::huh:

Oh, my kidney belt! I made that. Gotta get a picture o' just that ta put up here so's ye can see it better. I tooled a celtic knot design inta the back that came out real sweet!

Yeah that kidney belt is sweet. I'd like to do something like that to give me a little support when I do stage fights. It also looks like you could hang alot from it. Have any of you ever seen those little brass/ steel lions that have a ring in the mouth that are often punched into leather belts to hang items from? Those on a kidney belt would be close to heaven!