Bodice

Saucy Kate

'ello, Saucy Kate!

I, unfortunately, never learned much about sewing, but I do like to shop for patterns. I can usually beg my mother into doing the sewing for me, but I buy all the requirements.

If you get on the Simplicity website, you'll find lots and lots of patterns. Just go into the adult period costumes, and you can dig forever for great patterns! I think they have about 40 listed. One of the patterns is for a goddess bodice(?) with shoulder straps and a skirt. It looks very wenchy-gypsy, and would probably be a great pattern to have, if you know how to alter patterns.

Also, if you have a Walmart or a Hobby Lobby nearby, you can get pretty good deals on patterns. At Walmart, they always have their patterns 1/2 off. At Hobby Lobby (and some other craft stores), they run pattern sales for $1.99. Much better than spending $12-16 on one!

Good luck and have fun!

:lol:

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

Check out Carie's Biker Bodices You fine none better fit. This is my ex and she redesigned them so the fit properly and won't break your ribs when you move the wrong way. Just pick a fabric that is not a two way stretch. Give her a shout and she'll be happy to help you. Just say Lloyd sent you.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

I'm sewin' a corset right now- an Elizabethan jobbie- straight front, sorta cone-like. I'd like to start a more pirate-y bodice after (early 1700's- curvier)- any ideas for patterns?

Thanks so much!

Saucy Kate

Saucy K,

Set a course for Harper House. They have many, many, MANY patterns ranging from medieval to early 20th Century. They have a pattern by Costume Connection called "Cavalier Woman" that might be your cup o' rum.

Here's Luck,

Broadside

Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats! - Lucanus

I'm sewin' a corset right now- an Elizabethan jobbie- straight front, sorta cone-like. I'd like to start a more pirate-y bodice after (early 1700's- curvier)- any ideas for patterns?

Thanks so much!

Saucy Kate

Lass, I've got no ideas for patterns but I have suggestion for a judge of the fitting... :) :ph34r:

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

:) An' Aye wouldn't be a spendin' a whole lotta tyme on the stitchin'...A Pyrate might jest sneak on up, stick the tip 'o a dirk under the first stitch, and , Voila!.....got the visual????...need I say more?... :ph34r:

Note to self: Consider the prospect of well-disguised wire lacing for corsetry worn near the Royaliste.

Tee Hee! :ph34r:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Note to self: Consider the prospect of well-disguised wire lacing for corsetry worn near the Royaliste.

Tee Hee! 

By The Loony Lobes o' King George! What kind o' crew am I gettin' mesself entangled with here?

B)

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

And steel-reinforced seams, , and probably big spikes to preserve personal space . . . B)

Like any pirate wench wants personal space!

B)

Aye, we pirate wenches need t'be proud of our assets! They be a right smart distraction ter the lads sos we can skewer 'em in a fight. And if they be freed, then so much the better. B)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

May as well post this here...

I've often thought that lingerie should be fastened with Velcro.

There's nothing quite so viscerally satisfying to yer average pirate as the ripping sound when underthings are comin' off in the heat of the moment. And you could use 'em again and again (or use 'im again and again).

Rumors of my death were right on the money.

Well fer some of us wenches it best be industrial strength velcro! :lol:

tis the truth....when ya....OVERLY endowed with small midriff and that is as much as me will say about that ;) .

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Capt Grey Posted on Oct 16 2003, 02:38 PM

Well fer some of us wenches it best be industrial strength velcro!

I'm not the bosomiest of wenches, but velcro won't cut it for me! Unless I straps 'em in, the lasses'll like as not fly free in the heat o' battle. :ph34r:

Capt Grey Posted on Oct 17 2003, 08:10 AM

Hmmmm somehow I don't think Capt Coyote were thinkin' about battle, lass. He were wantin' ter make love not war. 

I don't know about you, but for this lass, the two are definately not mutually exclusive!

Cap'n Coyote Posted on Oct 17 2003, 11:02 AM

in either case, if ye don't end up bruised and/or bleedin', yer doin' somethin' wrong.

It's only kinky the first time. 

:lol::P:lol::P:lol:

Aye, that's why a pirate wi' imagination is what every wench should be searchin' fer!