POTC 2 Questions

Jib

Just adding my two doubloons worth... although I said this in another thread already.

I was thoroughly entertained by PotCII. And I presume -- nay: expect -- that my questions will be answered in PotCIII. I went in the theater understanding that this was the second movie in a trilogy -- and thus carried with it the "bridge" stigma one ought expect from such previous works as Empire Strikes Back... And I felt I got my money's worth.

But that's me.

However, the third movie had better answer all those questions and tie up all those loopholes, or I will complain the loudest and longest.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Sorry but I am not the only one that feels that way. Most of the people at work felt the same. As one person dubbed it the Disney curse, unable to make a sequel.

If I see the third one it won't be in the theatre.

And that is the beauty of a free country... no one is making you go see something you'd not wish too.

And everyone that wants to... will. :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I'll join ye fer lunch, Bess. Just name the date. :lol:

Sure thing lass... just let me know when you can come over.

They will be back on the lot starting next week for a bit. :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

those movies that were made to be trilogies from the beginning had it set out properly. The movie had a beginning, middle, end and then a secondary beginning for the movie following it... it didn't just leave EVERYthing hanging.

That is the difference between Potc2 and Star Wars, Kill Bill etc.

And I notice that even on here I am not the only one disappointed and many (on other threads here) saying they wished they had waited for the DVD instead of wasting their money going to the theater with this one.

Sorry, this one just didn't make the grade.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Empire Strikes Back kind of left things hanging, Han Solo had himself frozen. Everyone had to wait til the next movie came out, 3 years later, to find out what happened.

Sorry you were disappointed with Pirates 2, but I loved it! I've already seen it twice! Yeah, there may have been some stuff left unanswered, but a lot of people knew that before it even came out. I know I did, I knew a lot about the move before I went to see it. And so what, the movie was still enjoyable and funny. I'll find my answers in the 3rd one, good things come to those who wait. And thankfully we don't have to wait 3 years for the next one. :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Yeah and BTTF II had a cliffhanger, too: The DeLorean had been struck by lightning in mid- air and Marty McFly was left standing in the rain until the received the letter from Doc Brown that he had been teleported to the Old West.

The time till the next movie was not as long as with Star Wars II to III, but all was not well at the end of BTTF part II.

I have seen POTC2 twice, too, and will probably see it at least once more.

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"

Aye, Han Solo was frozen, but the rest of the characters went on to complete the mission. As stated, the one movie was finished and the had a secondary beginning...

The other part is in the first movie Jack was "he must be the best pirate I ever saw"

"Obviously" that conversation as he shanghied the ship with Will.

In this one...

Jack was basically a joke.

Anyway, I wasted enough time on this one.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Okay, I saw POTC 2 and had good time but there was A LOT OF STUFF GOING ON IN THAT MOVIE. I fear I've missed a few things.

Oh, how true! PotC2 is fast & furious and visually so jam-packed that it's rather overwhelming the first time through. Like you Jib, I picked up more the 2nd time around (last night, at the ultra-late show).

Indeed, the 1st time around, we had the added distraction of seeing it in a crowded theatre. We sat beside 3 little girls, who, although surprisingly well behaved and quiet, had the world's smallest bladders and the world's largest containers of pop, and each got up to go to the bathroom at least twice during the film. So, what with us standing up to let them out of the row each time, we missed several things -- like, hearing Jack say "Hello, beastie" and diving sword-first into the Kraken's maw. [We were originally left with the ambiguous impression that Jack may or may not have gone down with the Pearl.]

Last night, at a 10:30 showing on a Wednesday in a suburban multi-plex, we practically had the theatre to ourselves. There were maybe 10 other people, tops, besides us -- all BEHIND us, and I'd chosen a row at least 1/4 of the way back. [Just like being at my old local rep. cinema that sadly went out of business at the start of the summer.]

I suspect I'll catch more in 3rd, 4th or 5th viewings. I'm hoping I'll get one more chance at it on the big screen -- at the only remaining rep. cinema in town, later this fall.

Cheers, Hester ... who thought Norrington as a bad boy was just so cool!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
And I notice that even on here I am not the only one disappointed and many (on other threads here) saying they wished they had waited for the DVD instead of wasting their money going to the theater with this one.

Sorry, this one just didn't make the grade.

Well everyone has their opinion on Dead Man's Chest. What I like to hear from those that didn't like it, is what part didn't you like?

I would think a person would have to live in the dark ages not to know that Dead Man's Chest was a darker movie. That was stated by several actors, Ted and Terry way before the trailers were even released to the public.

I am wondering what people expected that made them indifferent to the movie?

The story lines are not hard to follow even if you only saw the movie once. Besides there was enough exposition in the film to help explain things right along.

In my opinion, just paying to see Johnny Depp on the big screen is worth the price of a ticket. :)

Johnny Depp repeatedly told the fans that there will be new layers of Jack introduced but Jack is still Jack. Johnny Depp would not do anything to damage the character of Jack~his character of Jack. That is Johnny's baby and he would not compromise Jack away and he has said so repeatedly.

I'd really like to know the parts that you didn't like or what you expected of the movie. It's ok not to like it but I would like to hear the reasons why as we have posted the reasons why we like the movie.

kttcsignature.jpg

I'd really like to know the parts that you didn't like or what you expected of the movie.  It's ok not to like it but I would like to hear the reasons why as we have posted the reasons why we like the movie.

She was saying that it didn't make the grade for her. She is not speaking for everyone obviously....

You've come in at the end of this thread...

Get you back to the first page of it and read forward. You'll find many a post of explaination as to what some folks did not like.

That ought to satisfy your curiosity. :lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif