Not going yet. POTC2

I hope for some of you that you are going with enough people to take over the theatre.

I myself will not go to see this movie until it has been out for sometime. I hate going to the theatre anymore and will only go for a special movie. This is one of those special movies so I will go to a theatre to see it, but not now. Not until the movie has been out so long that the theatre is almost empty.

People don't know how to shut the f$#% up. People don't take care of their refreshments or restroom going before the movie starts. People don't come on time. People bring their unrulely children and screaming welps. People push against the back of your seat. People don't turn off their damn cell phones. Etc, etc.... It makes the whole thing almost unbearable and all I want to do is enjoy the movie. I have literally gotten into more fights than I have fingers at the movies. In general people are inconsiderate a$$holes and the theatre folks do little or nothing about it, and I am just not going to put up with it. But that's just me, and that's my rant for the day. :huh:

`Blackie`

:huh:

I'll get around to it... I'm in no hurry.  I saw the first one before the hype kicked in, and I think I'd like to see this one after the hype wears off.

I hear ya. I saw the first one the day it came out. I saw the trailer for it 6 months before it came out and said to myself "this one I gotta see" And I waited for it.

But you are right. Now with this one there is so much hype about it the theatres can't help but be crowded. It's not the fact that the theatre is crowded that I hate, it's the minority of people in them that just don't give a damn about other people in the theatre who also paid to get in. They act like they are in their own living room. I say kick them out. They can wait for the movie to come out on DVD and watch it in their living room and let the rest of us enjoy the movie.

`Blackie`

They act like they are in their own living room. I say kick them out. They can wait for the movie to come out on DVD and watch it in their living room and let the rest of us enjoy the movie.

`Blackie`

That's the problem with our "home theater" mentality. People behave like they are in their living room and are completely inconsiderate of the others in the movie theater. I completely agree with you.

My best movie experience was seeing "Revenge of the Sith" last year because my local Star Wars club rented out the digital theater for ourselves. Nothing like seeing the last of the Star Wars franchise with 300 of your friends. :huh:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Here's a trick that I found works wonders --- all those rude annoying people tend to avoid early matinees for some odd reason! :ph34r: I guess it has to do with "the freaks come out at night". Anyway, for years now, we've gone to see our movies at unassuming times like 3pm on a Monday, or Saturday at 11am, etc. It's nearly always half-empty, even on opening weekend, and not a teen in sight. It's cheaper too, and you can usually get an actual parking spot within a half mile of the theater, lol.

Our plan is to hit Magic Kingdom tonight and enjoy the ride some more, then catch an early matinee tomorrow for a nice jam-packed Jack Sparrow weekend. Huzzah!

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Well I, almost, have no choice. We go TONIGHT.. I have three kids (one of which is my spouse!) I have practically "seen" the entire movie on TV, with both of the actual kids glued to every possible show regarding PoTC, the Making of PoTC, the Gossip surrounding PoTC, etc., etc.

They have read all the books already and even though I keep asking them to remain mute on the plot, I am constantly barraged with "Can we tell you this one part...plllllllllllllleeeeeaaaasssseeee... it's realllllly funny!" I love my kids, they are hard to resist but I fear there won't be too many surprises left by the time I get dressed, Yes I've been begged to wear my GAoP clothing to the theaters, which will GREATLY unsettled the intelligentsia of Charlottesville... :ph34r: So, in the end, I am looking forward more to upsetting my neighbors than actually seeing the flick... :ph34r:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Probably won't go see it until next week sometime or the week after. And I WON'T be in costume either! I want to be comfortable, and besides it's been hitting the high 80's to high 90's here in the last few weeks. It's shorts and tee-shirt weather.

I will see it on DVD where by for the price of 2 admission tickets you can own it.,and see it again and again for free. on your own nice system at your leisure . I can drink rhum in my theater !

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I rarely go first weekend (I didn't see POTC I until almost August that year) but the kids demand we go tonight. Taking friends, not going in costume -- but wearing our Bilgemunky T-Shirts -- should be a good time. I'll try to go back for a matinee later (all by my onesy) to pick up all the stuff that I'm bound to miss tonight.

So, in the end, I am looking forward more to upsetting my neighbors than actually seeing the flick... :ph34r:

I have head both good and bad reviews on POTC 2. I guess we'll have to see if it was worth the wait. Just remember, as RumbaRu says...wait after the credits...should see a bit of fun at the end!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

We loved it! Funny, exciting, impressive, full of surprises, and yes, a funny bit at the end of the credits to boot! Summer escapist fun at it's piratical best. :) :ph34r::ph34r:

And critics are like weather forecasters - they're right about 40% of the time, and even then, it's usually by mistake. :ph34r:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Please, I hope to keep this thread ****spoiler**** free. The fact that there is a bit at the end of the credits is more than I wanted to know. It doesn't help any when people start a thread with a spoiler in the title. These are just the type of things some people like to find out as they go. It's just as bad as someone in the row behind you saying to their friend next to them "oh, a good part is coming up now." God I hate that.

Here's a trick that I found works wonders --- all those rude annoying people tend to avoid early matinees for some odd reason!  I guess it has to do with "the freaks come out at night". Anyway, for years now, we've gone to see our movies at unassuming times like 3pm on a Monday, or Saturday at 11am, etc. It's nearly always half-empty, even on opening weekend, and not a teen in sight. It's cheaper too, and you can usually get an actual parking spot within a half mile of the theater, lol.

Thanks for the advice. But I been there and done that. Two problems. 1) it's summertime. While this plan has worked for me from time to time it really only works best for 9 months out of the year. When the kiddies be out o school it doesn't work all that well. And 2) I live in a 24 hour town mate. When a movie has this much hype, and it's in the summer, it doesn't matter when you go here. No choice but to wait it out.

I will see it on DVD where by for the price of 2 admission tickets you can own it.,and see it again and again for free. on your own nice system at your leisure . I can drink rhum in my theater !

Now for most movies that come out now a days I do the same. But for some movies, especially those with great special effects you just can't beat the big screen. The movie looses some of what makes it special when you see it any other way. Imagine the first Star Wars. The little ship flies by and then the big imperial battle ship flies by. Priceless moment that. It would never have the same effect had I seen it on the T.V. first. But I do get your point.

Probably won't go see it until next week sometime or the week after. And I WON'T be in costume either! I want to be comfortable, and besides it's been hitting the high 80's to high 90's here in the last few weeks. It's shorts and tee-shirt weather.

Try 110 in the shade. That's what I got here, so no I won't be going in any costume either. Total agreement here. :)

And critics are like weather forecasters - they're right about 40% of the time, and even then, it's usually by mistake

You give them way to much credit mate. :D

`Blackie`

Please, I hope to keep this thread ****spoiler**** free. The fact that there is a bit at the end of the credits is more than I wanted to know. It doesn't help any when people start a thread with a spoiler in the title. These are just the type of things some people like to find out as they go. It's just as bad as someone in the row behind you saying to their friend next to them "oh, a good part is coming up now." God I hate that.

I do apologize Thane, my intension was not to 'give away' anything...but to give light to something a bunch of people (dear freinds) missed. With that said...enjoy and get lost in the magic of it all!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I do apologize Thane, my intension was not to 'give away' anything...but to give light to something a bunch of people (dear freinds) missed. With that said...enjoy and get lost in the magic of it all!

It's all good. :) And as I stated before someone here at pyracy had already spoiled it by telling everyone about the end credits in the title of a thread.

A movie should be an experience. For me it's not all about the main story, but it's just as much about the little things. It's fun to find them. The first time I saw Ferris Bueller's Day Off I didn't know about the little thing at the end of the credits. I just happen to watch all the way to the end. How great was it to find this out. And then for those who missed it, in a way it was great to find out they missed it. Now they just had to watch it again to see that little ending. Knowing about these little things before hand spoils the little surprises that the makers of the movie had intended. They want it to be a surprise. They want it to be in the background. They want to see if you notice. Take any good movie that you have seen a few times. Isn't it great when you notice something you didn't before? Or when someone tells you about something you didn't see in a movie you have seen. Didn't it make you go "Really? That was in there? I have to see that movie again." This is the experience I'm talking about.

Anyway, Cheeky, you didn't spoil anything that hadn't already been spoiled.

Take care

`Blackie`

:D

You joined the pub on JUNE 29, 2006!

If you didn't want to read spoilers, then why did you come to the pub??? No one can make you do what you don't want, mate. Don't read the posts that says *Spoilers ahead*.

Also, knowing that there is something after ending credits is akin to admitting you know nothing about the first movie to begin with. It doesn't take Regatti to know that there would be something after the ending credits.

My two short fused dubloons worth,

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

You joined the pub on JUNE 29, 2006! 

If you didn't want to read spoilers, then why did you come to the pub???  No one can make you do what you don't want, mate.  Don't read the posts that says *Spoilers ahead*.

Also, knowing that there is something after ending credits is akin to admitting you know nothing about the first movie to begin with.  It doesn't take Regatti to know that there would be something after the ending credits.

My two short fused dubloons worth,

So I shouldn't have joined the forum if I didn't want to see spoilers??? When did this become the POTC forum??? I didn't see that on the URL when I signed up. In fact I didn't even see that on this section of the forum. I thought it was called POP and it delt with all things about Piracy in movies, music, plays, books, etc. I didn't know it was changed to the POTC part of the forum.

And does it make a difference when I joined? If I had joined 2 years ago I'd still have the same problem with a thread that has a spoiler for a title. But I guess to some the newer a member is the less their opinion should count.

And whether one can reasonably assume that there is something after the credits or not is not the point, which you seem to miss. It's called consideration for others. I have no problem with threads that have spoilers in them, as long as they state as such. The thread I have a problem with is titled,

"POTC2 - Wait Until After The Credits!!! Don't rush right out of the theater".

That's the title. Where do you see the word "spoiler" in there??? It doesn't because the title itself is the spoiler. So if I'm looking around in this part of the forum, and I don't want to read spoilers what should I do? I generally look at the title of the thread and avoid the ones that say spoiler in them. But if the spoiler is the title then what do I do??? Come on. I'm really interested in hearing your two short fused dubloons worth on that.

`Blackie`

:P

I still don't see how that is akin to a spoiler. It's not as if they said exactly WHAT or WHO is shown after the credits. And it sounds like you are someone who takes this movie-watching thing seriously enough to stick around thru credits anyway. So if you DID sit through all the credits and there was nothing there, you'd feel as though you'd wasted your time learning who all the Grips were in the crew. :P At least now you know it will be time well spent.

I'd call it more of a "Friendly Tip" than a Spoiler.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

I'll start by saying, this is not that big of a deal. I've found in most forums that the reader tends to think that the writer is making a bigger deal of "it" than it really is. When in fact the writer is usually just stating opinion. Usually it's the reader who then becomes the poster that ends up taking it to far by reading more into a post than is there, and responds with guns blazing with their short fuses.

I still don't see how that is akin to a spoiler. It's not as if they said exactly WHAT or WHO is shown after the credits. And it sounds like you are someone who takes this movie-watching thing seriously enough to stick around thru credits anyway. So if you DID sit through all the credits and there was nothing there, you'd feel as though you'd wasted your time learning who all the Grips were in the crew.  :P   At least now you know it will be time well spent.

I'd call it more of a "Friendly Tip" than a Spoiler.

Now with that said, if you, JoshuaRed, have been following what I've been saying in this thread then you'd know that the title of the thread in question is, IMO, the same as someone sitting behind you in a theatre telling their friend "Hey, watch this, a good part is coming up." Maybe not a spoiler per se, but annoying none the less to the people in front of the talker. And usually it's annoying the talkers friends just as much. It's a spoiler in that something that was supposed to be a surprise, or get a reaction out of the viewer, has lost that element to it to a certain extent, because now it's expected. These directors, writers, and actors worked very hard to get that reaction from the viewers, and now it's been lost.

Film is an art form. And as such it should be viewed as the artist intended. Whatever is at the end of the credits of this movie, it was intended as a little surprise for those who stick around to the end. So no, it was not a "friendly tip." It was that annoying jerk behind you saying, "hey a good part is coming up", as if the people next to him, and anyone else within hearing distance, aren't watching the same movie he is.

And please, you don't have to concern yourself if I get disappointed that there is nothing at the end of the credits of a movie. Trust me I'll live.

`Blackie`

I will definitely be waiting awhile, though I have little intention of holding out for six months until it comes to the dollar theatre. (Sadly, the rest of me crew has more patience than I, and so I am saddled with the job of paying for admission.)

As for costumes, I really wanted to, but I lack many of the resources neccesary. So I'll probably just wear me "Pirate's Plunder" tee from Newport, Oregon.

Warning people about a tidbit after the credits is in no way jerkism. While it is irritating to have someone tell ye what the good bits are while you're WATCHING the film, I do find myself telling some people to watch when they look away during a particularily entertaining bit -- which only happens at home, and never while seriously watching a movie. Nobody told ye what was in the bit, so there's no reason to be all upset about it.

Although it can be terribly satisfying to discover these things for yourself.

I'll start by saying, this is not that big of a deal. I've found in most forums that the reader tends to think that the writer is making a bigger deal of "it" than it really is. When in fact the writer is usually just stating opinion. Usually it's the reader who then becomes the poster that ends up taking it to far by reading more into a post than is there, and responds with guns blazing with their short fuses.

Since I'm the moderator here, you stated you wanted to keep this thread "spoiler free". No where do I see that you put that in the topic.

So after you whined about keeping the thread *spoiler free*, I went back and re-read all the previous posts to confirm it was *spoiler free*. The only thing I saw was a *service posting* letting other members know that there is a tidbit at the end of the credits; just as there was on the first movie.

This is the PIRATE POP forum. This is a HUGE PIRATE POP movie. It is not unreasonable to expect that many of these threads might contain spoilers. If you need babysitting to avoid spoilers, visit the other forums. The Pirate Pop fourm is going to have spoilers. I will not delete posts with spoilers. You have been warned.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Aye then Pearl...got yer back on this one....We can ne'er go six posts in a row without SOMEBODY havin' a bloody buggery personal 'issue'.......

:lol:

I absolutely said that I would wait...for all the reasons mentioned.

Well...the day came and, I got what ye'd call....antsy.

Got up from me desk and skipped up the street to the 11:45am show.

(My 'logic' being that if I didn't plan it and wasn't with anyone it wouldn't 'count') :lol:

Moms and kids.....a 3/4 full theatre of people who didn't laugh.....knew none of the jokes.....and, not a single "gasp" but mine at the end......and, even worse.....zero applause. Weird.

At the first credit they exited like the place was on fire.

As the credits rolled there were four ushers impatiently waiting to clean up and, me and one other girl just...waiting.....

and, waiting...and, waiting.....

The anticipation was Good Dreadful..........(those are long credits....)

I just assumed because of the first egg there HAD to be a second......and, I was actually getting nervous because EVERYONE had left........

My point? An awful lot of people missed that easter egg........and, I'm glad I wasn't one of them.....

Fair Winds....

~Foxmorton

Aye....but, what did I expect?

I ran up the street with 15 minutes planning.....at 11:45 in the MORNING........(grin).........

Watching it peacefully was the trade off for not having reaction.......

My dearest dream would have been to have had the theatre jam packed with 'real' pirates......like they had to give a test or something before you could get a ticket! LOL!

But, then, that's just me being selfish..........

The Pirate Guys (TLAPD

) reminded everyone to stand and, salute the way Sparrow did in PotC I when he passed the hanged pirates every time they said "Captain Jack Sparrow" in the new movie.

I thought about that every time they said it and, was kind of sad that I missed out on the fun.....(grin)

Either way....good friends well met!

And, I still got to see the easter egg!!!!!

Side bar: So land locked here that the theatre chick told me "corporate said we have to focus on Superman" when I asked her why no pirates anywhere.......

LOL!

Aye then....I be marooned..........

:lol: