PotC 3?

Monterey Jack

This came across the Seven Seas Forum courtesy of Lady Stingray and I thought I'd pass it on for discussion and debate.......

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (rumored subtitle: "Worlds End") - Like the Back to the Future and Matrix sequels, the second and third installments of the Pirates of the Caribbean saga have been shot back-to-back. Filming on part two, Dead Man's Chest, ended in June, and when production resumed in mid-August, the focus turned to this as-of-yet-untitled sequel with the same cast and crew, including stars Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, and Keira Knightley, producer Jerry Bruckheimer, director Gore Verbinski, and writers Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio. Unlike the two films which precede this adventure which opened in early July, this final installment has been scheduled for a Memorial Day release on May 25th, 2007. "

According to another site:

"As the age of piracy comes to a close, Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann must sail off the edge of the map, navigate treachery and betrayal, and make their final alliances for one last decisive battle. Our heroes must face Lord Cutler Beckett, Davy Jones and Admiral James Norrington in a titanic showdown that could eliminate the freedom-loving pirates from the seven seas -- forever.

The Golden Age of Piracy is finally at its end. The East India Trading Company has amassed an enormous fleet with one purpose in mind: riding the waters of all pirates. In this final battle for control of the Seven Seas, allegiances will be tested, friendships betrayed, and nothing is as it seems. There are heroes on both sides, but just how far will some go to obtain power?"

Production Notes/Status:

Comments: This film is still in production, on hiatus until late summer.

Status Updated: 2 April 2006

Note:

Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely.

Cast overview, first billed only:

Johnny Depp .... Jack Sparrow

Orlando Bloom .... Will Turner

Keira Knightley .... Elizabeth Swann

Geoffrey Rush .... Barbossa

Jonathan Pryce .... Governor Weatherby Swann

Bill Nighy .... Davy Jones

Yun-Fat Chow .... Captain Sao Feng

Tom Hollander .... Lord Cutler Beckett

Stellan Skarsgård .... 'Bootstraps' Bill Turner

Kevin McNally .... Joshamee Gibbs

Jack Davenport .... Commodore James Norrington

Naomie Harris .... Tia Dalma

Mackenzie Crook .... Ragetti

Lee Arenberg .... Pintel

Martin Klebba .... Marty

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

(chuckle)

Yeah, yeah.... it's NEVER that simple. :huh:

However, they are, as we speak, building some wonderful sets here on the lot. :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:huh:

A large fleet... ;:: ponders::: oh, dear.

Don't forget to throw in the ghost pirates! Resurrecting from somewhere to assist with the battle... overwhelm the masses.

OH! Hey... will Lord Beckett be shot in the back? Not to be mean about Nelson.. No.. wait.. fitting end... stripped of clothing and forced to return to London in nothing more than his underwear... rowing a boat!

Ahhh... one can dream.

Will be eager to see the 3rd one, Bess.

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 2 weeks later...

I found this, not sure how much truth there is to it tho. Bess?

July 10, 2006 - In the midst of reporting the massive Spidey-killing opening of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest this past weekend, Box Office Mojo is reporting that the third film will be titled At World's End. A few other sites, including IMDB, are listing the new title as official.

A Disney rep told IGN FilmForce that At World's End is NOT THE TITLE of the third film and that these early reports are false. Disney says that a title to the third film will surface in the next few months.

Additionally, the supposed poster that has surfaced online recently is not the film's official key art. It is simply a place-holder cobbled together for a trade show to help with merchandising for the third movie. However, it is worth nothing that the mock-up's Asian theme is a hint about the third film's storyline. Actor Chow Yun-Fat is set to play pirate Sao Feng in the soon-to-be-titled Pirates 3.

Whatever its name may be, Pirates 3 is slated for release Memorial Day Weekend, 2007.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I also heard yesterday from Mike Evans that they're kicking around the idea of Pirates 4 and 5. He stated that "it's nearly a done deal".

As much as I'd love to see the franchise flourish, is there a shred of truth to all this hokum?

Let's face it... It let's me keep playing pyrate ad nauseum, and my wife's business of custom garb sewing continues to grow. Any news?

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Don't believe what you read about any of this yet....

Title: They are still deciding...

4 and 5... yes, they talked about it.

Done deal? No way.

Disney interested? Not really at this point.

Could it happen? Sure.

What do I think? Let it end with some dignity. ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Well Disney could take it in another direction after 3...

They are known for giving the TV treatment to it's movies such as Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Timon & Pumba, or Lilo & Stitch-emon shows.

So how about a live action teenage Jack Sparrow show?

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

I remember reading about Walt Disney not liking sequels. After working on one project he was ready to move on to something new, not dwell on the same thing for too long. But now sequels and remakes are everywhere. Not sure he'd be too happy about that.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Well Disney could take it in another direction after 3...

They are known for giving the TV treatment to it's movies such as Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Timon & Pumba, or Lilo & Stitch-emon shows.

So how about a live action teenage Jack Sparrow show?

It'a more likey they will become a Saturday morning or afternoon cartoon.

Cartoons are BIG business for the Disney Channel and this is ready made. :lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Jack of the Caribbean?

That's so Sparrow?

Jack Sparrow, Homecoming Pirate?

Brilliant!

A cartoon... is that a theory or...? Because I know Zizzle and other outlets have had cartoony drawings of Jack.

Well, here's to hoping it's a decent show like Kim Possible and not a cancelled soon show like... well Buzz Lightyear.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Yeah and a rather good cartoon. Jetix (Disney's "cool/anime/hip" lineup) is sorta bringing on a nice lil' cartoon renaissance of snazzy, funny, smart stuff that kids and parents can dig.

Here's the S.R.M.T.H.G. site: Go!

I could see a super-stylized POTC cartoon being a fun & fresh take. Course we can kiss any real scoundrelness, rum, villiany, debauchery & wenches goodbye...

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Pity.

Either way... perhaps the version for the youngsters as today in McDonalds the kids were just soaking up Jack Sparrow and the Pirates of the Caribbean stuff.

But.. for us adults... :::whimpers with big, innocent puppy eyes::: don't forget we rum-soaked pirates.

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I tend to think that any kind of Nick sitcom would be a BAAAAAD idea. Unless they merged it with "Genie in the House", in which case... ;) It might be so hilariously stupid that I would watch it! ;) Teenage Jack Sparrow versus Adil... ;)

Don't forget to throw in the ghost pirates! Resurrecting from somewhere to assist with the battle... overwhelm the masses.

Then perhaps I'm not the only one who, when Aragorn demands "What say you?" is overcome with the urge to holler "Aye"? It seems such an uncanny parallel.

Where have ye been mates? Captain Jack and crew have been a comic book for about a year now in the Disney Adventures kids magazine. Of course, it's going to be a cartoon on the Disney channel. Same artwork, different medium. Pintel and Regatti will live forever.

And Iron Bess, deary, ye bring it on yerself by dangling tidbits of treasure. Ye can't expect pirates not to try and grasp for them.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.