World Cup

Guest PistolProof

Guest PistolProof

The most recent games I've watched, Portugal vs. Netherlands and Australia vs. Italy have got to be two examples of the worst offciating I've ever seen. While I have to give credit to the Italian's ability to sell a foul, it's terribly sad when the ref determines the outcome of one match; let alone two.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that the refs were horrible, but as a diehard Azzurri fan I just have to say that the ref only set up the chance for Italy to kick. It was the Australian's keeper that couldn't stack up to the competition. The Azzurri sent that goal in there, not the ref !

It could have been worse. Didn't see that game, but I remember games in the past, where you asked yourself how much money they offered the ref. Anyway, we're out of the game. In the last 2 minutes. I'm still shocked. But I will watch the remaining 2 games anyway. :rolleyes:

doesn't matter who the player of the tournament is it matters who can head butt their opponent on world T V and think they can get away with it! every AYSO soccer league in the country should sue that wreaking idiot for that play! My two cents. done

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

Agreed. so the Italian player caller his mother a name. It is so selfish to do something like that when your team and country are counting on you. So next time your opponent insults you, smile like a demented man and while he takes in your horrid visage, score on the bastard. Or better yet, threaten extreme physical violence, do so in graphic terms. He'll be waiting the rest of the game for it and totally lose his concentration. Just never lose your cool during a game. And after the game, break his jaw.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I've read soooo many different points of view on this matter it's almost comical. What I will ask about the incident is this : If the headbutt had happened in any other forum, besides a bar or ultimate fighting match, would the action be deemed acceptable ?

Does France allow it's elected officials act that way ? No

Would they allow a cop, fire personel, or crossing guard do that ? No

Would they allow an average Joe do that ? No

....but bring in France's golden child and it's more than acceptable, in fact, they'll defend his right to do it. They'll even bring in lip-readers that will mangle what Materazzi said and turn it into an issue of racism.

I agree with Jim, even if Materazzi called Zidane's mother a maggot ridden whore to Algerian terrorists, he should have sucked it up, played the rest of the match, and afterward beat him to a bloody pulp. But he wasn't man enough. He wanted one quick shot that would have been broken up if Materazzi fought back. COWARD ! :lol:

Instead, Materazzi used it to his advantage and got Zidane thrown out in the middle of millions of viewers. The shame Zidane felt while walking off of the pitch was probably worse than anything Materazzi could have ever said.

All in all, Materazzi laid an expert trap that Zidan ultimately fell for :)

I agree. No matter what was said Zidane should have let it slide. It was obvious what Materazzi was trying to do. Zidane shouldn't have played right into Materazzi's hands like that. No one will ever know whether or not this cost the French the cup, but it sure didn't help. Zidane has played long enough to know better.

For those who didn't see it.....

zidane4qf8yf7cd.gif

`Blackie`

:lol:

Actually I hadn't seen it, just read the news reports and ZZ's lame aplogy. But I must say...nice head but!! Got him airborne. Still, you must save that sort of thing until after the match when you can explain in detail the error of unsportsmanlike smack talk on the pitch. Sportsmanlike... an anacronistic term it would seem...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...