I'm going to swim with dolphins!

Christine

I am so excited about this! I got an email this morning from my guyfriend before heading off to work. He wanted to make sure I had Friday, July 21st off so he could book us both for this program thru Sea World. I've always wanted to swim with dolphins. I missed out in Hawaii when I was 13. I had that lovely time of the month and missed out on all the water activities. So, now I finally will be able to do this, I'm so exicited, this is going to be a ton of fun! I love dolphins, this is just too awesome! It made my day, even tho work was totally nutty and stressful, I still kept thinking how great it'll be! :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I did that down in Key West a long time ago, Christine - it was fantastic!

Have a great time!

Oh, and depending on the skipper of the boat (if you're doing it that way), they'll either chase the poor things down - I've seen that happen - or they'll be cool, cut the engines and drift into the pod.

Hope you get the second kind of skipper. :(

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

Naw, no boat. It's all at Sea World. You go thru this training thru-out the day and then go out to the dolpin pool and jump in. They have it where the regular park goers can look down into the pool and watch the whole thing. It looks really cool from what I've seen.

If I had been able to swim with the dolphins in Hawaii that one included being on a boat. Ah, well, it still will be an awesome experience! One I've been wanting to do for a very long time. :(

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Someone once told me I was going to sleep with the fishes... :huh:

Kidding aside, you are going to have a blast. I did snorkeling with the sea turtles in Hawaii about eight years ago and it was incredible. Sounds like you are going to be able to get really up close and personal with the dolphins.

Have fun!

OH, I plan on doing the same when I go to the Bahamas in Oct.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

The Bahama dolphins are very different from the California ones...

Bahama dolphins have dread-locked fins, drink rum and like to listen to reggae...

...the Cally ones have razor cuts, drink Perrier and groove to the Beach Boys.

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

Well, I already gave my height, weight and shoe size for the wetsuit, it's a done deal now. :huh:

LOL@the difference in dolphins! :huh: And if the Bahama ones could talk they'd say, "no problem mon!" The Cali ones would say, "like, oh, my god!" K, that'd be the valley girl ones-lol! :huh:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I used to swim with the dolphins back when I was still with Steinhart Aquarium. One particular trick they did was to swim very quickly toward me and then veer off at the last minute, never quite getting close enough for me to touch them. The seals liked to grab masks and then let go, snapping them back to one's face (ouch!) Their particular specialty was pulling swimsuit bottoms down.

Be happy you aren't swimming with seals...

RHJMap.jpg

Camera and lots of pics. :)

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Well, I'm sure I'll also show the pix of me in my new Supergirl costume from that same weekend. This is the weekend of the San Diego Comic Con. On one of the days we decided to do something completely different, swim with dolphins! What an interesting few days this will be, dolphins, costume romps and.....other stuff :lol: lol! ;)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...