Port Royal, Jamica. JOINT THREAD

Capt. Sterling

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how I happened to miss this situation when it occured and therfore do offer deepest apologies to you Monsieur Ried.

As was said above, transgressions of this nature are far from acceptable.

Please allow me to offer some assistance and possibly make amends for what should not of transpired in the first place. By no means shall I allow this to go unnoted again.

Feel welcome to PM me with any queries.

Je suis a' votre disposition, Monsieur.

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

My apologies too Dan. I read that post so quickly that I didn't notice yer name until I went back and reread it just now... if you want just pick up where you left off as if nothing happened... we shall regard the murdered fellow in the alley as if he were just a bum.... I'm sure the Twins will be happy to edit as soon as they learn of their mistake...

Yes no major characters can be killed off without consent... wounded yes, BUT it is up to the character to decide if that wound is fatal or not... or permanent...no loss of legs, arms, ect.. without that main character's consent...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

As the damage has already been done, I believe it would harm the storyline more to try to correct the mistake within its confines. I shall leave Dan to the crows but I had plans for him that shall not now come to pass, plans to find out the twins orders from Ulises and warn Capt. Striker of his impending doom. Alas that shall not happen. I shall write him out and introduce a new character, one who is not so unscrupulous. Although he WAS a pirate. Perhaps this new character will be better accepted by all.

I would, however, rather enjoy an apology from the twins as I feel they have wronged me intentionally. This story has tremendous possibilities and I would hate to see that differences between people outside the story affect its future outcome. <_<

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...

Not so fast....all that is needed is an edit on their part. You should not have to give up intentions that you had at their doings. You are far from being in the wrong. I have left a comunique for them...it is just a matter of Liam signing on to receive it. Patience, my friend

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Not so fast....all that is needed is an edit on their part. You should not have to give up intentions that you had at their doings. You are far from being in the wrong. I have left a comunique for them...it is just a matter of Liam signing on to receive it. Patience, my friend

Yes the Twins are across the pond I believe and so are on different times then most of us here...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Around Somerset, I believe

I agree with Miss Devareaux, there is no need for you to abandon your character due to a mistake done by others. I don't think it will disrupt the story line at all.

But, as you have noticed, many of us run more than one character, so if you have another character in mind that you would also like to play, please, feel free to add him to the list of "Dubious Players." <_<

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Hey Dan, glad they killed you off, that last post of yours was great!! You've been holding out on us!!!!!!!! Well done!

Crewe of the Archangel

<_< perhaps you both are right. Dan may be resurrected if it is felt he can add to the storyline. I will keep my new character as well. He seems to be a fun individual so far. Of course, the poor bastard may loose his ship the the fury of the storm... <_<

I echo le Capitaine's sentiments. Very well done, Sir! Prime, indeed. Loss of ship? Pish, posh....anything can be had in the Port....Just a matter of talking to the right / wrong people. <_<

<_< Did I miss something here?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Silly Ransom....Check Dan's latest composition. Tis a masterful work.

Next round is on Le Cour....from Private Stock, of course. <_<

Welcome to The Port, Monsieur. <_<

Oi Wife, quit flirting with the Scots... <_<

Crewe of the Archangel

Next round is on Le Cour....from Private Stock, of course. :lol:

Welcome to The Port, Monsieur. ;)

;) holds up a rather dusty old bottle

"This be a bottle of the finest Scotch made, 120 years old it be. I'll drink wit' ye if ye drink wit' me and you too, of course, my dear captain Sterling.

Oi Wife, quit flirting with the Scots...

;) "course there's nothin' like the flirtations of a french lass, eh Captain?"

"Cheers!" ;)

Oi Wife, quit flirting with the Scots... ;)

**blink blink....tucks away "blue ribbon"**

Oui, Amour :lol:

:lol: and now for the first time ever, appearing in Port Royal, the famous or rather infamous Captain Hamish MacCraig, master of the sloop-o-war "Mist Reiver", Spaniards beware! ;)

Welcome Captain MacCraig. Perhaps you are aquainted with a certain Professor Angus Trilby, late of Scotland, and formerly at Oxford? He is another Scot of dubious reputation. ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I just come home from the pub andthought I'd readup on things and I see all this.

WHERE ARE THESE SPECAIL RULES WRITTEN

Ian tells me he told poor dan reid not to bugger into our dealings, so some reality hit home, put your nose in somebodys elses business and it could hget shot off!

You want an apology, fine. Sorry your dead.

We thought all this story was supposed to be historical reality and half of it reads like a pansy romance novel. fairs fair there's some great writing in there.

I never got a masage from you dan that you were upset, but I did from Aruorae, by the way We're in Dublin Ireland not Somreset England!

Show us these rules and we'll try and follow them. Im goingto bed have a great weekend

Since3rly,

Liam the bastard and his bruddeer Ian to

Titim gan éirí ort.

Go mbeire an diabhal leis thú

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

There are no specifically written rules outside of general courtesy.

Many of us are writers with emotional investments in our characters, many of us are trying to develop characters and exploring their minds for further use at real life events. Tis very hard to do either when someone is murdered without prior consent. I might warn the brothers that all's fair and should they attempt such despicable acts in the wrong place again, they might also be subject to the same treatment. :lol:

Now, Mr. Read, please disregard the post if it interferes with your story arch. There are many such inconsistencies in the thread, as happens when you reach 100+ pages. I can assure you that the good Captain Striker would be very grateful for any information you might have.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Oi

Liam was piss drunk when he wrote that, we talked about tings today.

If you guys are going to make rules, weather they be a common or general courtesy or not, in order for everyone to be on the same page they should be physically listed somewhere. I spent some time looking through the story and this side thread, no rules listed that I see. If it's such a bloody problem, you fix your end and I'll see if I can get Liam to change things.

Titim gan éirí ort.

There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. James 5:1-3

Oi

Liam was piss drunk when he wrote that, we talked about tings today.

If you guys are going to make rules, weather they be a common or general courtesy or not, in order for everyone to be on the same page they should be physically listed somewhere. I spent some time looking through the story and this side thread, no rules listed that I see. If it's such a bloody problem, you fix your end and I'll see if I can get Liam to change things.

Unfortunately via emails, content and not true meaning is usually the only thing that comes across... honestly I do not think, nor hope that any ill feelings were intended... so I think we should open this thread to ideas regarding rules that should apply... suffice it to say, methinks, most folks would not wish their characters to be killed without permission nor maimed beyond repair..(I for one do not wish to lose a limb...wandering about with one eye is difficult enough :lol: ) or seriously manipulated to extreme changes in the plot :lol:

Prime example, when Reggie shot my character, he inflicted serious harm but left it to me to decide whether I lived or died..... so wound away, but no killing without consent.... agreed?

Crewe of the Archangel

As CrazyCholeBlack said so well. Most of us have a longterm vested interest in our characters, and don't want them killed off without our permission. As I understand it, the no-kill in role-playing is kind of an unspoken agreement among players, but we can put it in writing if that is what is needed.

I'm sorry there are those who feel PR is a pansy romance novel, but I must say, murder and mayhem do not a story make - it gets boring. A fine mix of both makes the better saga.

Let's all be friends. :)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg