Port Royal, Jamaica

sirhenrymorgan

Pinon’s reply came in the form of him violently back handing her hard across the face. Lilith tumbled to the floor, lower lip now split and bleeding. “Thou were supposed to bring them with thee, along with Lord Darnely’s letter. I know thou does like killing for sport Woman, but there actually is a reason why thy instructions included taking those ships.” Pinon bent, seized her about the throat and hauled her upright. “Do not tempt me to add one more casualty to my list. I have cart blanch from his lordship, to do what I must do including clearing whomever I must from my path! Killingsworth was shoddy and St. Claire has spent too much time at her cards as well as trying to get into Sterling’s good graces again. Surely thou does not intend to spend the next two weeks courting him as well? He did not want thee when thou didst meet, he will not want thee now. I have only so much time to set his lordship’s plan into motion, and if thee intends to get in my way, know that I will bowl thee over and not think twice about it. Remember Lilith, I am far from alone here. Now get the fucking papers and bring them back to me here before the night is over or I promise thee, thy newly acquired gold will not be the only thing thou wilt be lacking come sunup.”

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinkish dawn bode warning that any sailor would heed. Still one lay unconscious as others began the new day’s watch. Reiley had been banished to guest room for repose of his own as Mistress of the household remained to stand guard. She would not mark her time with sounding bells but with each restless movement of mate, assessing each pain filled contortion, stroking hand that balled into fist or clutched at counterpane until finally, with Doctor’s last visit to administer next dose of laudanum, she crawled wearily into the bed and lay with her husband. Pressed close along his back, she curving to hug each bend of his form, one arm wrapped protectively about him, he finally soothed and slept without stirring.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

A bowl of fruit went tumbling to the floor, cutlery joined them, and one of the glasses rolled across the carpet, leaving a stain of crimson. Clothing and boots lay flung about as if a hurricane had entered the room. Only breeches were left for each to discard. With feral grin, and my eyes locked on his, I let my hands fall in slow carress to last vestige of barrier. From this point on, the hurricane would be within us. There would be no safe harbor, for none was desired.

He sat her gently on mahogany perch, noting smile as small fingers traced the length of torso to cotton border. Releasing hold from waist encirclement, swarth hued hands found her's of sun kissed manner, acting as patient instructor to the belt and bindings securing remaining barrier. Now loosened, calico hung precariously at hips and he leaned her back to burnished surface support.

Sabastian worked slowly his method, grace of light kiss falling where soft flesh bordered man-made weave. There was no rush to progression upward, though body's want howled for faster pace. Each ridge of rib was attended, each subtle dip and incline of delicate form caressed and as he neared the steady heave of her chest, insistent call from chamber door gave pause.

The knock broke stillness, causing a sneer and narrow of eye to lay upon lupine expression. It silenced as soon as arrived, and assumption was made that wooden thud was likened to dinner bell....A bell ignored with full prejudice. Tray had been left behind in the outside world, where it would remain for some time to come.

Raising slightly, the reality of candle proximity came to forefront and without further adieu, Sabastian gathered her to him once again. Nuzzling deep the warmth of her neck, he carried precious cargo through the hazards of shadowed room.

A journey cross country to the loom of Four Posted Citadel...

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Through some distant portal of my mind, I watched, as from the darkened ceiling, myself in Sebastian's embrace. I marveled at my abandon, so long held in check. The events of the day conspired against my nature to hide and remain withdrawn.

Sebastian, a considerate and expert lover, tarried, but what I desired was a tempest. As he carried me to the grand bed, I met his gaze, kissed him, then smiled and whispered, "I now understand why my father ran your kind off our property, and why every girl wants to run away with the gypsies."

He lay me gently among the coverlets and pillows, as if I were a child. But I was not a child, and I did not want gentle. I had demons to exorcise, and Sebastian was my priest. I met his gaze one last time. "So, you really were the pearl within the oyster shell."

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

"Non, Petit...a pearl I am far from being. But, if you say it is so...Then perhaps there is truth."

Quick sights surveyed the land afore him, keen apraisal given with finite study. Sabastian had tested the waters and found them more than pleasing and now want would not be denied. The giving comfort of thick ticking was claimed, calm was losing battle to fevored need and what was left to act as shrouding in calico or linen guise, was quickly rendered usless.

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

When gentleness was required, it was given, when rougher treatment was desired, it was also given in equal of not greater measure. Want was met, hurts soothed, caresses given and enjoyed. The anger that had consumed me, was thus consumed. I lay in his arms, dazed, exhausted, and barely holding back the overwhelming emotions that had swept over me, beginning with the meeting with my aunt and the offer of marriage and the chance to go home, to this sweet sanctuary offered by Sebastian.

To my horror, I did something I hadn't allowed myself to do since my father refused to pay my ransom seven years ago.

Secure in Sebastian's gentle embrace - I wept.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

He made no query to Ransom's sudden change of emotions, though concern plagued the smooth of his brow. Drawing her closer, he tightened embrace, resting chin lightly atop her head and gave gentle stroke to the length of her back. Her tears fell to anoint his chest then race to ticking surface.

It was in that frame of time that many things became quite clear to him and the phantoms that taunted retreated the field. In hushed tones, he spoke to her words of assurance; but held back what his soul begged to proffer.

Capitan Ulises didn’t pause in his quiet introspection as the two men approached. Rough hands folded calmly in his lap, an empty port bottle at his side. The flickering orange fire reflected in his nearly black eyes, casting random shadows around the small common room. The men stood formally in front of their stern captain, arms crossed as they waited for his acknowledgement.

“¿Que?” Ulises rough voice rasped at the men, without shifting his forward gaze.

“Capitán Ulises. Encontramos otro de los barcos del rey después de la tormenta. Tenamos una carta de España para usted señor.”

The lighter skinned man produced a dog eared paper from inside his non-descript coat. Thick fingers snatched the fine cream tinted page, turning the sheet over quickly, index finger tearing the familiar seal hastily. Dark brows bent together, thin red lips curving further downward as Ulises read. The page was folded again just as quickly, disappearing into the folds of the captain’s coat before he spoke.

“Quiero el capitán danés muerto ahora. No me preocupo lo que esto toma. Al diablo con La Maligna, al diablo con el rey, muerto entienden. Muerto.” There was a distant fog behind Ulises piercing gaze, his voice barely more than a whisper. The force behind his words not lost with the quite tone however. With a nod the two men followed their captain as he rose, turning to the nearby stairs and the private room at the top.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

He made no query to Ransom's sudden change of emotions, though concern plagued the smooth of his brow. Drawing her closer, he tightened embrace, resting chin lightly atop her head and gave gentle stroke to the length of her back. Her tears fell to anoint his chest then race to ticking surface.

It was in that frame of time that many things became quite clear to him and the phantoms that taunted retreated the field. In hushed tones, he spoke to her words of assurance; but held back what his soul begged to proffer.

The candles burned low, guttered, then went out. But for the creak of old boards, or the muffled barking of a dog somewhere outside, the room was quiet. Rather than fall, the last barrier merely melted away. Instead of slipping from the bed, dressing, and leaving the room, as I normally would have done, I stayed and let sleep take me.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Reluctantly Jane allowed the two Danes to help her over the rail and back aboard the galleon. She stumbled slightly as her feet touched the swaying salt worn deck, the intense headache that had begun to develop only adding to her misery. Green eyes squinted across the dimly lit deck, blinking vainly in an attempt to see clearly despite the black patches that filled her vision. Through the scattered lanterns she saw the silhouette of Captain Striker as he approached the returning crew. A flash of anger crossed his tanned features as he neared. He noted the cradled jaw and growing purple bruise on Jane’s pale face. Coupled with her staggering posture and the glistening sweat that matted the hair along her brow he knew instantly that something had gone amiss. Accusing blue eyes shifted immediately to Ioan. Before the Captain could speak Jane stepped between the two men. She leaned close to Striker, her hand dropping from her face to rest on his forearm. Blond head shook negatively just enough to be noticed.

“Mah own, faul. Nehr did learn, ta duck, when tha capin wa swingin” Her gentle grip on his arm tightened noticeably as she spoke, the move a feeble attempt to remain in control of the overwhelming pain. “M fihn. Jest need, a drink, iss all.”

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

The far off sounding of cockerel announcement stirred him from comfortable repose. Warmth of her sleeping form gave meld to his own, head resting in the small valley between shoulder and chest muscle; her breathing a pattern of eased intake and dispel. Shifting carefully, one visual pool cracked reluctantly to focus on drapery hang, centering upon small chasm of divide betwixt panels.

Faint rose defined the break and he gave small thought to gauging current time, then dismissed such as unimportance. Second soul's window followed lead of first then directed to Ransom. Her features were softened with the overlay of sleep, no strain or form of hardness playing her expression and Sabastian found it hard to draw his attention away. Another careful shifting allowed gentle kiss bestow amongst russet crown and he breathed deeply the comfort of her scent.

Right arm encircled her waist in unknowing act of protective intent from the demons of outside world, and slowly windows of soul returned to closure and sigh of contentment mingled the silence.

The normal bustle of a busy inn woke me — louder noises from the common room, muffled banging of pots in the kitchen, and varied snips of morning conversations as people passed in the hallway. The loud hawking of wares in the street commenced.

It took me a moment to realise where I was, and with whom. My cheek rested on Sebastian's chest, and his right arm lay across my waist. It had been years since I'd felt so safe. Some part of me wished to stay just as we were, but I knew it could not be. Reluctantly, I shifted and raised up on one elbow, only to find Sebastian already awake, his dark eyes watching me.

I smiled, and gave a light caress to his still darkened jawline. "I don't know about you, but I'm starving."

I stole a look at the room, where clothes were strewn as if beggars had been at them, and a wink of crystal showed where a goblet lay in a fold of the carpet. Dark plums, and golden apricotes were scattered about the floor like gems. One of the chairs was tipped over.

Laughing, I turned back to my lover. "My God, it's a wonder no one called out the guards!"

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

His only response was that of mischievous smile before he leaned in to steal a kiss. Sitting up against headboard support, he quickly surveyed the damage done with night's passing. With a hint of mystery in his voice, Sabastian stated, "There is no fear of that, some places are best not tresspassed upon...." Then he chuckled lightly, reaching for her. "What is it that you wish to break fast with? Is it food that is on your mind?...." Nimble fingers traced the curve of Ransom's near ear as voice dropped to whispered challenge. "Or...perhaps something more fulfilling?"

I gave him a wry smile. "Oh, I think the world can do without us for a little while longer."Then fell laughing into his embrace.

It wasn't until some time later that we gathered up our clothes and dressed. Against Sebastian's wish to eat in the room, I decided breaking our fast in the common room would hold less chances for further distraction. However, before he opened the door, I leaned in and gave him one last kiss. "That was for not asking any questions when I...when I cried. I'll tell you all, but not today. I need time to think first."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Now get the f****ing papers and bring them back to me here before the night is over or I promise thee, thy newly acquired gold will not be the only thing thou wilt be lacking come sunup.”

Pinon’s heated tones still rang in her ears and she looked up from the floor. She held her chin for a moment, trying to get her barring. It was then she shot Pinon a deadly look of contempt. “Just like old times, eh Pinon?”

She said moving to her feet again grinning all the while. She remembered that he usually hit harder with much more zeal. She had almost forgotten what Pinon was like. She picked up her cap and approached his side.

It was a game of cat and mouse between the two of them and the tension between them she knew all too well. It was true that Pinon and she had a heated past. Whether they were passionate for each other’s flesh or for the money they could make from one another, it really did not matter. They were cut from the same cloth and were willing to do anything to obtain their heart’s desire.

“I shall bring thee what you wish this night.” She said licking the blood away from her lower lip, and to entice the underlining seduction between the two of them. It was then she quickly looked up into his dark expression. “Did thee say, Sterling?”

Lilith - Commander of The Tartarus

"God did not hold back from punishing the angels that sinned, but, by throwing them into Tartarus, delivered them into pits of dense darkness to be reserved for judgement."

Pinon’s expression clouded further. How dare she address him in such a fashion. He moved away from her, ignoring her question. “We have nothing more to discuss until those papers are safely in my hands. Thou has relatively little time left to do so Lilith. I think it would serve thee well to make haste and not small talk.” He continued, his gait not halting until he had reached the door and opened it to the hallway. “I shall be here waiting for thy return. I am certain I shall find something to help me pass the time until then. Do NOT be late!” he warned.

Changing of the guard would take place as still drowsy doctor, in stockinged feet, padded silently into chamber of deposed Roi and fatigued Reine. Sympathetic squeeze was given to small shoulder and Aurore’s sleep filled eyes opened instantly. Rapidly awaking to find Reiley beside her bed, wifely concern, at once, turned to apprehension which could not be checked by simply surveying the faint rise and fall of lover’s chest. Weakening soul found no comfort until tiny hand was placed over still beating heart. Olive eyes then ran up and down husband’s length, he had not so much as moved all the time she had been asleep. For a moment she felt relieved that he had found some peace but in the next, in spite of the presence of other, Aurore lay herself back down, arms moving about beloved as she began to weep. Reiley left the way he had come, silently, allowing the woman, he had found to be so strong, the privacy she so needed to mourn for the moment, then pick herself back up in order to continue trying vigil.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I gave him a wry smile. "Oh, I think the world can do without us for a little while longer."Then fell laughing into his embrace.

It wasn't until some time later that we gathered up our clothes and dressed. Against Sebastian's wish to eat in the room, I decided breaking our fast in the common room would hold less chances for further distraction. However, before he opened the door, I leaned in and gave him one last kiss. "That was for not asking any questions when I...when I cried. I'll tell you all, but not today. I need time to think first."

He was reluctant to the idea of eating in the Common at this hour of the day, but relented to her wishes. Her kiss inspired him further to have food sent to the room, but the words that followed stopped wandering thoughts cold. He searched her eyes for a beat of time, nodding silently before caressing near cheek with soft stroke.

Locks were awoken from slumber and unconscious check was made that pistols lay back in woolen dens before portal was drawn back. Quick glance was made of corridor length, then he allowed her to cross thresh hold boundary. As she moved into the semi-dim, Sabastian found himself distracted by the subtle play of light upon mane of reddish tones and hovered in doorway. Ransom turned to cast questioning look and he hurriedly secured the door to follow in her wake.At mid point of hall, he reached for her, stepping around to pause forward movement. Again the look of query fleeted Ransom's eyes as he cupped her chin gently, leaning in to steal another kiss...

In the measure of ten paces from where they stood in causway center, a doorway opened with fuss and flurry; entourage spilling out afore Mistress.

Even at this early hour, Mistress McKinney found herself going about her business. Her mind still stewing about the how she was so rudely brushed off the Archangel the night before. Had it not been for the Scottish Captain, she would have resulted in fits of female passion and made sure that no one was left standing without a good verbal lashing.

She was tired of the looks Captain Sterling’s crew continued to give her. She mustered a deep sigh. She was determined to find out where her John had gone off to.

With purse and letter in hand she was off to find said, 'Brother -in-Law' and request a hand in discovering his whereabouts.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

...Locks were awoken from slumber and unconscious check was made that pistols lay back in woolen dens before portal was drawn back. Quick glance was made of corridor length, then he allowed her to cross thresh hold boundary. As she moved into the semi-dim, Sabastian found himself distracted by the subtle play of light upon mane of reddish tones and hovered in doorway. Ransom turned to cast questioning look and he hurriedly secured the door to follow in her wake.At mid point of hall, he reached for her, stepping around to pause forward movement. Again the look of query fleeted Ransom's eyes as he cupped her chin gently, leaning in to steal another kiss...

In the measure of ten paces from where they stood in causway center, a doorway opened with fuss and flurry; entourage spilling out afore Mistress.

At sight of her neice, Lady Violet stopped short, clamping her hand around Sugars yapping jaws. With a regal stare down her patrician nose, her grey eyes focused on the man standing just behind, then focused back on her neice.

"Well, I surmise, by your discheveled clothing and flushed countenance, that you do not merely dress as a wanton, you act as one. I hardly think this is the best way to win your way back to societies good graces, should you chose to do so. I will write to your brother, and inform him of your lack of...of decency."

Her neice's initial look of shock, changed to one of iron coldness. "You forget, I also communicate with my brother. He will hear my version of this as well - all of it. I will leave it for him to choose which tale he prefers to believe. Now, if you don't mind, we were on our way downstairs."

"Oh, far be it from me to interupt your sordid little affair." Lady Violet turned to her speechless and wide-eyed servants. "Come, Children. You must ignore this unfortunant scene." And with her chest thrust forward, Lady Violet continued on her way down the stairs, out the door to the street, and the waiting carriage.

LADYVIOLET2.jpg

Reiley left the way he had come, silently, allowing the woman, he had found to be so strong, the privacy she so needed to mourn for the moment, then pick herself back up in order to continue trying vigil.

But as vigil progressed onward simultaneously with day‘s own, roi grew more and more still. Soon Reiley was hastily summoned back to the bedroom. He could do little but wring his hands, pacing back and forth as patient’s breathing grew more shallow and then laboured.

With shake of head, doctor pronounced he no longer knew what to do.

Word was quickly sent to Andrew March and Matthew Hazzards, that they were to make to the Sterling household with all due speed.

Crewe of the Archangel

March had remained awake most of the night. Water casks, all save one, were nearly finished being stowed below. Mistress March, waking early to find her husband had not yet taken to bed, dressed and made her way upon deck. She found him signing off on a promisary note to a local cooper than asked if he were ready yet to eat something.

The first officer only shook his head. As his bride's facial expression turned somewhat grim, he leaned over and kissed her. "Soon enough Mistress March. There are a few things the captain asked me to attend to before he returned home. If ye have the time my dear, mayhaps ye could take that little trip into town that we had planned and then return and join me for some breakfast."

"Are you certain?" Skittles asked. For a moment she appeared hesitant. "Is he sure that is how...." she paused, then nodded her head as husband's brow raised. "If that is what must be done. I shall return as quickly as I can." March escorted his wife to the gangway, then watched as she hurried to accomplish her task. His dark eyes followed her until she finally turned a corner and disappeared beyond the docks. He went then and inspected the final water cask. It alone had arrived that very morning, newly made and empty.

"Fill it with water till it swells, then replace the water with brandy and bring it to his quarters. Now look smartly!" March ordered.

Lilith’s mind now was spinning as she quickly left the Inn. What had passed between her and Pinon was to say the least, extreamly eventful.

“Did I hear him correctly?” She pushed her way through the crowded streets not caring whom she may have trampled on in her mad dash back to her ship. “I cannot believe my damn luck! That man has fallen into my hands once again!?” She quickly dodged a small cart as it aimed for her head on. “Fool!” She shouted at the hawker who quickly corrected his cart in another direction.

Her mood now soured, she realized that she had become something she did not like; an instrument in another man’s dealings.

It was true that she had made a very profitable arrangement with Lord Darnley in the simple task of delivering a letter to Pinon. But now Lilith was sure that Pinon’s involvement was much more sinister and calculated that she had first imagined. “If there is money involved,” She said as she walked up the gangplank of her ship, “I will have my fair share, that’s for damn sure!”

Lilith stood for a moment aboard deck and quickly spotted Twiggs. “TWIGGS!” She screamed at the top of her lungs. “Fetch me a drink and meet me in my cabin…NOW!”

"God did not hold back from punishing the angels that sinned, but, by throwing them into Tartarus, delivered them into pits of dense darkness to be reserved for judgement."

After another fine dinner with Ms McKinney, Hamish and his little dog returned to the shore where the 'Reiver' was drawn up for repairs. After checking with the crew on how the work progressed he retired to his tent and spent the remainder of the night snoring away. On the morrow he would return to town to continue his search for the supplies needed to repair the broken ship.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...

A great ruckus came from the main cabin. At the first sound of trouble, a deckhand was about to sound the alarm. As he ran to address his better, a sound of breaking glass soon followed and a high pitch scream of a banshee. It was then that all the crew knew that Lilith was in a foul mood.

“Damn you!” She shouted at Twiggs as she lofted another bottle in his direction. “What in bloody hell did you do with it!?” Twiggs in a frantic state quickly dodged the bottle and landed under a table. “I placed it back where you told me, Captain. It was there not more than two hours ago!” Lilith pitched her blanket to the floor. “I swear I will kill you if you do not find it. I need to retrieve it before sundown!” Twiggs quickly covered his head as he heard books and charts being tossed to the floor. “If I do not have it in less than an hour’s time I will carve out your eyes, cut out your tongue and send you over the edge of this ship for chum!”