BAY AREA PIRATES needed on short notice Sat. eve!!

TalesOfTheSevenSeas

Ahoy bay area pirates-

I just got word that a local hospital needs pirates for an awards banquet this coming Saturday evening in Hayward. The theme is "Treasure Island" and they'd like us to greet guests at the door, pose for photos with guests, mingle, do ad-lib interaction with the guests and for my parrot to be in attendance. They'd like 4 to 5 pirates if possible. I know this is horribly short notice, but are any pirates out there available? Please let me know ASAP if you'd be able to come by emailing me at talesofthesevenseas@hotmail.com

WHERE: 527200 Calaroga Ave Hayward, CA 94545. I'll send directions to participants.

WHEN: October 11th, 5:30pm (thats this coming Saturday evening)

I need to hear from you ASAP!

-Claire

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Plans are going well for this event despite the minimal notice. I have made the requested number of 4-5 pirates, brought in a photographer with two parrots that are friendly with strangers and may have two swordfighters available to come in on short notice. So it's all falling together nicely. *whew!* But I'd still love to have a few more pirates. If any of you Bay Area buccaneers are looking to do some pirating Saturday night drop me an email at talesofthesevenseas@hotmail.com!

Our event went great last night- it was a very high-end upscale "Treasure Island" themed corporate party. Our pirates were at the front greeting guests, with Neko, (aka "Scoundrel") our handsome rogue, cracking his whip and offering "free floggings no sin required!" We greeted guests with lines such as:

" 'ello Love! 'aven't seen you in ages! Not since the tavern in Tortuga! You remember don't you? You were dancin' on the table tops.... You don't remember eh?! Not surprising with all the rum you had that night!"

"Welcome aboard wenches!! Welcome to Treasure Island!"

"I know this pirate!!! Sailed with Bartholomew Roberts he did! They called him the Terror of the Seven Seas!"

and other such lines. Once inside, we mingled and ad-libbed with the guests, remaining in character for about six hours, which does wonders to improve one's pirate accent, lemme tell ye!"

We posed for lots of photos and danced with the guests. The crowd response was terrific and everyone had a great time. The entertainment agency would like to use us for other events, so we're looking forward to more of these!

I'm afraid my camera is missing at the moment, but the photographer took this one of me. That's Cleo, a blue and gold macaw on my shoulder. She belongs to the photographer who is also a good friend. Cleo was one of two parrots there to pose for photos with the guests.

StRoseParty.jpg

Glad you had a good time! I really wish I could have been there, but I made up for it in my own strange way at a distance..

Suffice to say, the piratical wardrobe came in very handy, and Lucky Penny looks bloody funny with a drawn-on goatee...

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

An Avast, and Blow Me Down from this corner o' the world. I would've loved to have been thar...mebee next time. I spent most of that weekend moving an EXTREMELY heavy set from one end of Los Gatos, CA to the other for the Haunted Forest. It looks great...but your day sounds a lot let splinter filled.

:ph34r:

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Aye! I be workin' on it, lass! I'll probably be headin' ter Tortuga on Thursday ter do a little lightin' and paintin' and such like. I'll see if I can bring me friend's digital Flemish pocket painter and get some good shots.

More comin' soon!

-Redd

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"