Help Me Pick My Faire Job!

kaizoku

Whchi position do you think I should take?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Whchi position do you think I should take?

• Gate Greeter
    • Royal Tee Assistant
    • Privy Attendant
    • Shire Maintenance
    • Cart Runner
    • Swashbuckler Retail Assistant

I had my interview at the PARF today and it went well and I was given a list of positions to choose from. I only listed the costumed ones since thats what I want to do :) What position do yall think I should take?

Description here:

Gate Greeter: Welcoming the patrons to the faire... welcoming committee extraordinaire. Those assigned this position will set the stage for the day. Polite greetings and salutations are required. Example welcoming: "Push and shove, push and shove, take small children firmly by the hand and drag them through the dirt!"

Royal Tee Assistant: This is a costumed position requiring much creativity to attract attention to merchandise for sale at these shops.

Privy Attendant: Basic job is cleaning the johns, but are asked to set them up their own style with candles lotions or whatever(not very fun in my eye but ill post it up lol)

Shire Maintenance: Basically just walk around pick up trash and help people.

Beer Bartender: Self explanatory

Cart Runner: Run carts around with stuff in it from stand to stand(water/ice/whatever)

Swashbuckler(the parf owned beer place in the faire makes own beer) Retail Assistant: A costumed position that requires the ability to interact with the customers while providing information on the brewing process and Swashbuckler Merchandise.

Im leaning toward Gate Greeter or swashbuckler assistant what yall think?

"A merry life and a short one be my motto"

Avid the PA ren faire, or live nearby? We're trying to start a club/group to do some fun things outside of the faire! www.countyerdoubloons.com/tavern

good God man meet and geet is without the finest example of a keen wit and a quick reparte' i have been meet and greet for years and i love it i mean love it you are the welcomming committee you are the first person in garb the patrons see that isn't asking them for something. (they are asked for money to buy the tickets and asked for the tickets to gain entry) you get to sexually hurass all women (not young ladies) Morally demoralize and thoroughly humiliate all men and give that wee bit o fantasy to the bobbits. everything you say they will hang on and when you perfect your timing with certain quizicle quips you will become more and more brazen and just remember to not swear or insult (too terribly) and all is fun and well. then too remember you are the one who is going to set the tempo for their day, as it has just begun and you can make it or you can break it. Learn from all or these friends here in the pub go and start another thread about the funniest things you've ever heard at faire and get them all to give you ideas of course you could memorize the thread about faire sayings! slogans like:

:lol: beer... helping ugly women get lucky for 792 years! :lol::lol:

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

I agree: follow the beer! Oh, and Arthur, I believe the quote is...

beer... helping ugly menget lucky for 792 years!

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I agree: follow the beer! Oh, and Arthur, I believe the quote is...

beer... helping ugly menget lucky for 792 years!

heh i thought thats what it was... figured id keep my mouth shut caz i wasn't positive :) I think im gunna go for the swashbuckler job.

"A merry life and a short one be my motto"

Avid the PA ren faire, or live nearby? We're trying to start a club/group to do some fun things outside of the faire! www.countyerdoubloons.com/tavern

I ended up working the gate both days of the Siouxland Faire this past weekend (pictures are up in the "Raids" section, hint, hint!), and it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be! Advising people on which of their children would fetch the best market price, steering young lovelies to the Wench Auction knowing full well they'd be dragged into it, and getting away with saying things like -

"Make certain you get a program! You can't tell one member of the Royal Court from another with out a program, and frankly, neither can they!"

"I'll take your ticket, love. May I call you 'love'? Really? How about 'Snuggle Pants'?"

B) :)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?