2006 PA Ren Faire G2G

kaizoku

MOST LIKELY DATE : OCT 14

Ok lasses and gents lets see if we can get a group for a weekend or day at the PARF.

http://www.parenfaire.com/

It seems that the pirate weekend unfortunately may not be the best with the unfortunate competitive scheduling so perhaps we could plan for another weekend to get a larger group. I don't know how everyones schedule is but the halloween daze weekends are also fun and the cooler weather is a nice addition. Here is a list of all of the themed weekends.

26 Year Love A-Faire (Aug. 12-13). Join the Shirefolk as we swing wide the Castle Gates to our glorious 26th season.

Love & Romance (Aug. 19-20). Romantic rogues & flirtatious wenches dedicate a weekend to lovers of all ages.

Music & Dance (Aug. 26-27). Musicians & dancers from around the world descend upon the Shire to “Kick Things Up” just a bit more!

Children’s Fantasy (Sept. 2-4). Smiles of young Squires and Princesses are the Queen’s joy and thus come three days of fantasy-filled delights of which dreams are made.

An Irish Gathering (Sept. 9-10). Jig your way to the Stepdancing Stage as Irish foods, music, and dance fill the Shire.

A Scottish Fling (Sept. 16-17). Kilts a’plenty, Bagpipe Bands, Highland Games Competitions, Scottish Wares & Foods, Music & Highland Dancing, Sheepherding and Scots everywhere!

Invasion of the Pirates • Media Olympics (Sept. 23-24). Eye-patched, hook-handed men of the seas roam the Shire while members of the media join in games of skill benefiting the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Octoberfest (Sept. 30-Oct 1). Pennsylvania Dutch goes Deutsch with a toast to micro-brewed ales from the Faire’s very own Swashbuckler Pub plus the colorful music & dance of Octoberfest.

Wine Harvest (Oct. 7-8). Celebrate the time-honored tradition of the wine harvest. Grape stomping, special wine events, wine tastings and 25% case discounts.

Halloween Daze & Spooky Knights (Oct. 14-15, 21-22, & 28-29). Three devilishly delightful weekends of mystery & mayhem as creatures & spooks of every variety haunt the Shire for our annual celebration of All Hallows Eve, complete with tricks & treats for children of all ages. Dress in your favorite costume for fun & prizes.

Pyrates Definately In:

kaizoku

Mercenary Wench(will be there working)

callenish gunner

Silkie McDonough

lady snow

Pyrates Interested:

Duchess

Also, I was thinking we could go out to eat after the end of the faire, a good but rather expensive :o option is Bubes Brewery which isn't scheduled out that far but if im not mistaken the pirate feast they have would fall on a halloween daze weekend. The pirate feast they have is in the catacombs and is a very good feast, I have attended it twice they actually like it when garb is worn especially to the pirate feast. We eat on very uneven floor lol, with pewter plates and all the staff is pirate attire. The food on this feast is of the caribean decent. Their meals are good on regular days as well.

http://www.bubesbrewery.com/

So if anyone has any ideas for weekend, would like to post in for attendance or interest, or has another idea for food please post in! I have yet to meet anyone from the pub even though there are some very local to me pyrates lol. :o

"A merry life and a short one be my motto"

Avid the PA ren faire, or live nearby? We're trying to start a club/group to do some fun things outside of the faire! www.countyerdoubloons.com/tavern

Glad to see some interest, Im going to go ahead and post as Oct 14th so we can do the Halloween weekend its good weather, good faire days and shows.

Avid the PA ren faire, or live nearby? We're trying to start a club/group to do some fun things outside of the faire! www.countyerdoubloons.com/tavern

I will be there whichever weekend woorks. Looks like I'll be spending a bit of time up there this year. I have also made an offer to host someone on whatever weekend they choose to come so I am waiting for them to finalize their plans so that we may coordinate.

Halloween weekend I may not come as a pirate ...I love creating new costumes.

works for me too! will be there anyway!

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

have yet to meet anyone from the pub even though there are some very local to me pyrates lol. B)

i even made it onto the 25 year love a-faire documentary cd!

IWG #3057 - Local 9

have yet to meet anyone from the pub even though there are some very local to me pyrates lol. B)

i even made it onto the 25 year love a-faire documentary cd!

I have yet to buy the dvd B)

Well guys wish me luck, my interview for a job position is tommorow at 2:30 at the faire for every other weekend :)

much luck - what job are you interviewing for?

IWG #3057 - Local 9