^, <, V

Pew

^ Junk, no. Occasionally "stuff" but never junk.

< the little swab on the other hand, that kid picks up every tiny little piece of scrap. She'd better be a "found object artist" when she grows up, or a garbage collector B)

V what kind of artist do you wish/want to be?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Aye..

< Mmmm DiSaronno - I believe I'll join ye

V Would you show your art here?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ only if called for

< hmm does one consider all these clothes art as well? snigger

V are gas prices putting a damper on your event attendance?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

^ Not so far, but the worry for PIP is that gas prices will drive up plane tickets. That would put a damper on my travel in a big way.

< Still, I'm earning frequent flyer miles in spades this year.

V What is the furthest distance that you expect to travel this year?

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

^ sorry not me

< If I can speak at all, tis a good day.... singing has gone right out the window for me

V What type of artwork do you like to DO best?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Semi-abstract India ink, with a brush, on Bristol paper (not board); although I do enjoy woodcuts.

> I like the freedom of a brush, in combination with a need for discipline in form. The brush requires more control, but also allows for greater interpretation in technique; an interesting and enjoyable duality for me.

V Passing along.

Pauly caught a bullet

But it only hit his leg

Well it should have been a better shot

And got him in the head

They were all in love with dyin'

They were drinking from a fountain

That was pouring like an avalanche

Coming down the mountain

Butthole Surfers,

PEPPER

^ That is a tough question for me, but I might be able to narrow it down to three, including...pen and ink, watercolor and sculpting.

< I enjoy digital artwork as wekk, but I can't replace the old school in me.

V I'll pass this question.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

^ Sonic art. (Commonly known as music. Traditional forms preferred. Traditional Irish, Trad jazz, trad whatever.)

< not enough opportunities to play in a group.

V Passing the question along.

^ fiber arts

< used to work primarily in dyeing, batik & shirobi. Now I'm doing more sewing and dimensional construction. But I still love fiber the best.

V Passing it on again, What type of artwork do you like to DO best?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

^ Pen & ink, colored pencil, acrylic paints. Right now I'm very into mixed-media collage, which employs all of those things.

< I've also become addicted to making jewelry, and am slowly experimenting with digital photography.

V It's a good question - I'll pass it again.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^Just lazing about on the back deck drinking rum while thinking about having a new well dug.

^^ Embroidery and decorative painting - though I haven't done much of either lately.

< Hard to remember who I am at any given moment, not to mention what my password is.

V Passing on the Q -- special summer projects?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ Probably would like t' build and reconstruct a wonderfully wide wraparound outdoor porch, or partial wraparound,(neighbors too close on one side o' me house.) Like a veranda, some sort of covered porch to keep out th' sun.

Other than that, I'll probably be planting long before then. (Already purchased some small trees)

^^ Used t' run jewelry business, manufacturing and selling jewelry, and handcrafted jewelry boxes, memoirs and keepsakes with various medium. Wood was a favorite medium, along with embossments, woodcarver, woodburner. Stains, varnish and tempera paints worked best on the wood.

< Occassionally gets into a shelf building craze, and I can't stop building them!

V Great question, passing it along-special summer projects?

OOps! That was my outside voice;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

~Sail it like you stole it!~

"Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver"

^ Getting a few bales of hay, some bendable branches for armature, and some binding twine and making yard sculptures. I'm thinking a garden Buddha would be cool.

> While I'm not a Buddhist, the effect of having a transitory piece of artwork in the shape of a Buddha, which will slowly naturally degrade over the season, appeals to my sense of (or probably need for) balance.

V Passing along!

Pauly caught a bullet

But it only hit his leg

Well it should have been a better shot

And got him in the head

They were all in love with dyin'

They were drinking from a fountain

That was pouring like an avalanche

Coming down the mountain

Butthole Surfers,

PEPPER

^ In the midst of several. Lately making jeweled chests and othe items encrusted with sand, shells, and gems. Also like to paint.

< Paint my place as well...(spackle queen)

V Do you kow how to paint, paper, nail, spackle, brick etc?

^ You mean there are special summer projects OTHER THAN sewing pc clothing for the crew??? And aye to Red Cat's question....

< I am stunned.... :lol:

V passing question along

Crewe of the Archangel

^

^ Just interjectin...stunned?

V

V Please...continue...

/\ Been gluin' an paintin' fer half a century. Always new horizons ta be conquered. :lol:

< The kid tells me he can see the supernova that was on the news. Gotta go surfin' ta check this out.

\/ Oil, acrylic, lacquer, urethane?

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

^Woodworking, fiberglass, drawing, Adobe photoshop/illustrator....all as profession. ....and falling off rooves and breaking bones. I lived to tell about it. :lol:

< I do not, under any circumstances , watch American Idol. I have a sailing friend, and former rock&roll bandmate friend rave about the show. I am wilking to miss out on it at all costs. My penchant for CNN Lou Dobbs and CSI is about as much television as I can accept. Oh, yeah, Mad TV...that's it.

V do you have any ghost stories? I have only one. That is renting an apartment in Massachusetts , first floor of an owner-occupied 1820 home where the owner's mother passed away and afterwards, I would constantly hear footsteps and feel touching when no one was home. You could put me in the battlefield of Gettysburg at night and I wouldn't notice a thing. This house was F'ing freaky....I spent hours trying to figure out what was going on. Then I bought a house (circa 1937) that has no paranormal activity whatsoever....very boring.

SHIP2-1.jpg