Renaissance and Pirate Festivals

Duchess

I looking for people to suggest any renaissance or pirate festivals that are with in driving distance of Eastern Washington this summer. I'd like to plan some weekend trips to "real" festivals.

The paltry poor crafts and hippy fest that was the Moscow Renaissance Festival has only reminded me how good the real ones are. So I'd like to go visit some.

So Suggest Me Up.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I should be going to the Northwest Renaissance Festival this weekend. I'll report back how it was. The website has also been updated, making it look much more organized.

A long drive from you, but I'll be going to the Westport Pirate Festival this coming weekend - Westport WA (on the coast).

BTW - I have an extra campsite available there -June 23-25 - some of me scurvvy crew jumped ship.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm the quartermaster of the Hazard, the autocrat's ship for Sea Dog Nights and Gypsy Carnival - it's quite a hoot, and definitely a lot more than just a camp out :P Come out and join us - we've got a pier with ships on one side, merchants along the "waterfront" on the other, games, classes, treasure hunts, raids, fire dancing, fire eating, gypsies, belly dancers, a swimming stream (both family and otherwise ;) ), bonfires, candy cannons; we should have representation from the Mer Serene, the Moca Sozhina, the Puget Sound Pirates, Fire and Steel fire performance troupe, the Brotherhood Of Oceanic Mercenaries (B.O.O.M.), and several different belly dancing troupes. It's a great time, and cost is pretty minimal comparatively. If you've got any questions, we're at http://www.seadognights.com, or e-mail to seadognights@gmail.com - Captain Zorgon (autocrat) can answer any specific questions you've got. *tips hat* G'day to ya, and hope to see ya there, I do ;)

And for WillTheobald - we're definitely a crazy bunch - had about 950 folks on site last year, expecting a bigger bunch this year. Come on down! :lol: