NATIONAL PIRATE DAY!

William Brand

HAPPY NATIONAL PIRATE DAY!

This is not to be confused with "National Speak Like a Pirate Day" which is held on September 19th. This is just "National Pirate Day", a holiday that has slowly disappeared over the years. The general public has become so familiar with "National Speak Like a Pirate Day" that many people refer to that as "National Pirate Day", so the original holiday has all but vanished. It is now nearly impossible to find any reference to it on the internet, due to this confusion of names.

Still, isn't it nice that we get two holidays, almost equally spaced in the year? Two times a year when we can invite people over and serve them stale, maggoty food and cheap rum. Aye.

A pirate's life for me.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

William, can you post a link to a site verifying this as a Nationally recognized day of celebration? Not that I really need such an excuse, I just can't find a reference to give to my boss so I can leave work early.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

William, can you post a link to a site verifying this as a Nationally recognized day of celebration? Not that I really need such an excuse, I just can't find a reference to give to my boss so I can leave work early.

About six years ago I found several webpages which celebrated today as National Pirate Day. Over the last six years those reference have slowly disappeared. Now, I can't find any references at all. I tried every combination of words in a search I could think of today and I cannot find even one exsisting reference.

This may be the last time I celebrate this holiday. Maybe I'll have a pirate funeral for it. Burn it in effigy!

Abandon a Pyrate Holiday?!? NEVER!!! It is up to us to resurrect this national day of recognition and cause it to be celebrated by those who fear us!

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Abandon a Pyrate Holiday?!? NEVER!!! It is up to us to resurrect this national day of recognition and cause it to be celebrated by those who fear us!

It might take a great deal of persistence, and no small amount of infamy, bribery and coercion, but that's at least two of us in two different parts of the country willing to man the ropes.

I wore my Don Maitz tee shirt in honor of that.. and got asked alot about it..

Keep on plundering, William!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg