Some people are just so clueless!

Christine

Or how about a person who starts a site elsewhere, invite people then go nutso because they didn't check in everyday like they were suppose to, be his minions or something, and then decides he's going to get everybody he feels who's done him wrong, back by giving us all a virus. That is someone who needs a brain fix. B)

And now a few of us believe he's started a new site....what's he going to do now?

Currently I work as a Customer Service rep for a cable company.

A lot of the calls we currently recieve are about billing - accounts that are two, three and today there was even one that was FIVE cycles deliquent. Their excuse for not paying? I haven't gotten a bill.

The best one though was the lady who called in to report problems with turning on her cable. Wanted us to give her free service etc etc etc... The problem? She needed new batteries for the remote.

:ph34r:

Or how about a person who starts a site elsewhere, invite people then go nutso because they didn't check in everyday like they were suppose to, be his minions or something, and then decides he's going to get everybody he feels who's done him wrong, back by giving us all a virus. That is someone who needs a brain fix.

Oh come now RumbaRue, who could poss ably be such a human dreg as to that?

Oh excuse me, MY FORUM NEEDS ATTANSHUN, gotta run love.

:ph34r:

When I worked for a videotape duplication house, I got a call from a poor woman who had accidently taped over her son's 2nd birthday party, and wanted to know if we could go in and "peel off" the program she had recorded to get down to the birthday party "underneath". I had to explain that VHS tape is magnetic recording tape, and there is no "underneath" -- once you record over something you re-arrange the magnetic particles, so her previous program was gone forever. She was very disappointed and I felt sorry for her, but it still had to fight to keep from laughing.

I also had someone pull the tape out of the cassette and hold it up to the light to try to "see" the program.

Of course, I have to count myself as clueless, too. I worked for 20 years in the video industry and I never learned how to program my VCR to record programs off TV. :unsure:

Of course, I have to count myself as clueless, too. I worked for 20 years in the video industry and I never learned how to program my VCR to record programs off TV. 

I belive this is an urban legend, can't be done, like getting the damn thing to stop flashing 12:00 :unsure:

Currently I work as a Customer Service rep for a cable company.

A lot of the calls we currently recieve are about billing - accounts that are two, three and today there was even one that was FIVE cycles deliquent. Their excuse for not paying? I haven't gotten a bill.

The best one though was the lady who called in to report problems with turning on her cable. Wanted us to give her free service etc etc etc... The problem? She needed new batteries for the remote.

:lol:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAD MEMORIES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

I belive this is an urban legend, can't be done, like getting the damn thing to stop flashing 12:00 :lol:

You can stop that?????? :lol: Who knew?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Or how about a person who starts a site elsewhere, invite people then go nutso because they didn't check in everyday like they were suppose to, be his minions or something, and then decides he's going to get everybody he feels who's done him wrong, back by giving us all a virus. That is someone who needs a brain fix. B)

And now a few of us believe he's started a new site....what's he going to do now?

We'll invade said site, post relevant things, and dare the sorry b*stard to kick us off again. Since history tends to repeat itself, I'd be shocked if said site didn't vanish once more! B)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Mad_Jack Posted on Jun 30 2006, 10:29 AM

QUOTE (RumbaRue @ Jun 29 2006, 03:00 PM)

Or how about a person who starts a site elsewhere, invite people then go nutso because they didn't check in everyday like they were suppose to, be his minions or something, and then decides he's going to get everybody he feels who's done him wrong, back by giving us all a virus. That is someone who needs a brain fix.

We'll invade said site, post relevant things, and dare the sorry b*stard to kick us off again. Since history tends to repeat itself, I'd be shocked if said site didn't vanish once more!  

I'll join the boarding party, just say when B)

Ugh, our time clock will be out for a few weeks so everyone has to sign in on a time sheet. I have the binder sitting right there at the front desk. It's extremely simple, start with a new sheet, fill out your name at the top, put the date next to the day you're working, record the time you started, then come back to sign out for lunch and then sign back in and then come back to write when you're done for the day. Simple right? Well, I got people that come up and just want to make things more difficult for themselves, just by the questions they ask. "So I work today, so I put today's date next to Friday and then what do I put next to time in?" Uh, the time you start your shift. "Oh, okay and then do I put the lunch time now?" No, it's not lunch yet so you don't know what time to put yet." Sheesh, I got that all day today! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Ugh, our time clock will be out for a few weeks so everyone has to sign in on a time sheet. I have the binder sitting right there at the front desk. It's extremely simple, start with a new sheet, fill out your name at the top, put the date next to the day you're working, record the time you started, then come back to sign out for lunch and then sign back in and then come back to write when you're done for the day. Simple right? Well, I got people that come up and just want to make things more difficult for themselves, just by the questions they ask. "So I work today, so I put today's date next to Friday and then what do I put next to time in?" Uh, the time you start your shift. "Oh, okay and then do I put the lunch time now?" No, it's not lunch yet so you don't know what time to put yet." Sheesh, I got that all day today! :P

Oh good Lord, Does no one remember how time cards work? :ph34r:

A few years back, I worked for a company that had to expand a section of the offices. Each person was given several boxes with their assigned number on it and were told to pack up their offices/cubicles. Now normally, most of these folks were reasonably savvy, but being put in familiar situation (moving) in a different context (in the office rather than home) made many of them go stupid. They had been told that everything had to go into a box because the boxes were going to be stacked up in a conference room and that little elves weren't going to magically appear and pack their stuff up for them. Even so, most of them made a real mess of this simple task (lots of of stuff not put into boxes but with labels stuck on them, the most idiotic questions asked over and over and over, that sort of thing.) Such a simple task but beyond their capabilities.

RHJMap.jpg

I have worked in a pub for the last 7 years. We get all kinds. Now some, of course, have the excuse that they were drinking, but many do not.

Pub's having a bit of a slow day. It happens. People, on many different occasions, come walking into the pub, through doors that are wide open, during the middle of the day, with a few tables with people eating at them, a bartender in plain view, a server walking right by them, and some people for some reason have to ask........."are you open?"

Now here in America, or at least this part of it, it seems that people have to be lead by the hand. I work in a traditional Irish Pub. When we opened we did not have a hostess because most Pubs in Ireland don't have a hostess. Big sign in front of the pub says, "Please feel free to seat yourself." How many people stand, at the door, next to the sign no less, and wait to be sat? I can't count that high. How many people walk by the sign into the pub and ask, "Do we just sit anywhere?" I usually respond with yes, but if you choose to sit at a table that already has people on it you may want to ask them if it's o.k. with them first. Of course once they know they can seat themselves it becomes a game of musical chairs. They now have to go from one empty table to the next trying to figure out where they want to sit. Sheeeeeeeeesh. Needless to say we had to go out and hire a hostess.

Here's a bit of frustration. A big group of people at the bar. They call you over like they are ready to order. They give you a small list of drinks and you make them and hand them over...........and then they add one more. So you get that and..........they add one more. You get that and........they add one more. Making you run back and forth, back and forth, for drinks you could have gotten them in half the time if they'd just give you the whole "F"n order at once. I mean it's not like I don't have other people waiting for drinks at the bar on a Friday night!!!! Please, nickel and dime me to death!!!

Sorry, Sometimes thinking about it gets me a bit hot. But I'm all better now. :D

`Blackie`

:rolleyes:

Yeah I use to work at a place called Fred Meyer (Kroger) and a guy was like "Hey you, FREDDY, do you work here" omg first off my name isnt freddy and second. No no I don't I just like wearing the cloths B)

• 3 weeks later...

How about walking through a crowded mall at lunch time, bleeding copiously from a finger and someone stops you to ask directions. Just happened on Wednesday the 26th.

For the story, check out the thread about "declaring something about yourself"

My dad used to be the operator of a campground in Nebraska that was right next to the state's highest waterfall. It's a few miles off the highway, so we had built a huge sign, like 8 feet tall and 12 feet wide, and put it up with telephone poles so the thing was 16 feet in the air. It had huge letters "SMITH FALLS, 12 MILE CAMP" and a giant arrow pointing the way down the road. We had just finished putting the thing up and were taking a break when a pickup with three guys in it pulled off the highway, stopped right in front of us, with this giant sign over our heads and asked if we knew how to get to Smith Falls. We stared back at them wordlessly, and I think they were starting to think we were stupid when my brother said "Nope. Somebody should put up a sign or something."

Nobody believes this next one, but I swear it's true. We were vacationing in South Dakota when I was a little kid, and were at a campground that had a fairly decent sized white-water stream running though it. My dad and I were fishing off the bank, when a family walked up and asked if we knew where they could go to "see them turn the river off." Dad and I looked at each other, and dad said "um... they don't turn it off." The family looked at each other, and the father says "Wow... seems like a big waste of water to let it run all night."

Then there was the woman at Mt. Rushmore who was explaining to her kids that the faces were formed by wind and erosion, and that it was God's way of proving America was the new Promised Land. That was kinda spooky. I'm not sure if she believed it or just wanted her kids to... but when dad tried to correct her, she called him a "jew loving athiest commie." We decided to move far away from her.

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

RumbaRue Posted on Jul 28 2006, 10:39 AM

well you could have said you really got into the swordfighting in POTC#2. 

Dang it Rumba, I'm gonna call you for snappy comebacks next time I'm bleeding to death. :ph34r:

Doc says all's well, no infection, healings in proper stage and all my vital statistics are exlent. BP was 117 over 80, pulse 54, temp 98.0 now I gotta get my cholesterol checked and I can die a happy, healthy man!

• 1 month later...