Sleeping at the switch

hitman

Just got through watching a 2 hour special on the History channel titled "How William Shatner Changed the World". Decided to drop by the pub and see what the space pirates had to say and ....nothing!!!! To be honest I was just a little shocked you guys didn't have 3 topics going on about it yet as it was the repeat episode I watched. More than likely your all still on your favorite Trek board debating the show so I the non Sci-Fi pirate shall start the ball rolling. What two peices of Treck tech do you really want? For me it's the phazer and the holo-deck. Just for fun I'll add one more peice of Sci-Fi gear I'd want and thats the internet from Tom Clancy's Net ops series.

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

Arr, I personally be likin' the guy with the cybernetic implants. If I be British, I'd do the same, but I guess I'll just have t'be usin' space piracy as an excuse.

Cut scene to below the decks of a spanish galleon. The view pans across the hold, packed with many a pirate, all engaging in various activities. A number of the renegades are gathered around a dice table, placing bets. Another couple is arm-wrestling, while yet more are drinking and singing. The view finally focuses upon that of a pirate, although young, is scruffy in appearance. He takes a prolonged gulp of grog, stands, and starts walkng through the holds. as he progresses, we see yet more pirates faring in their devilish activites. Barely noticeable is a man conversing at a table, grabbing his blue drink as it floats off into the air. The young man continues to the end of the hold, at a stairway, and walks up to a set of doors leading to the deck. He opens them and is sucked out, much to his surprise into the void of space. He struggles for seconds, then ceases his movement. The body floats for a while before the head explodes. Meanwhile, debris from inside the ship are sucked out to space, and pirates on the inside struggle not to be vaccuumed out. Then, as if with purpose, Captain Tall Mike Bismuth van der Bulge comes out of his quarters, fitted with a robotic leg, a cybernetic hand, and a bionic ocular sensor, though he still wears a traditional hook, peg, and eyepatch on each limb's relation. Grasping the walls of the hold, he makes his way to the door. He reaches, but cannot work with one hand whilst holding on with the other. Being resourceful, he bares his metal teeth and sinks them into the woodwork so as to use his hand and hook to close the door. Accomplishing this, first mate Scowlin' Hannibal Drake, now endowed with some sort of high-tech breathing apparatus or something congratulates the captain.

"Cap'n, that be amazin'! But tell me, why don't ye get a full set o' technological prosthetics?"

"Arr, the sea be a harsh mistress..."

An eerie silence bequeaths the ship.

"... We be in space, cap'n."

"Be that so, Master Drake? To the brig with him!"