Technology You Can't Live Without

The Doctor

I admit it. Last night, the wife and I bought one of those "Roomba" robotic vaccum cleaners. Partly because I don't always have time to help with the housework when hse's feeling up to it, and partly because her MS prevents her from feeling up to it a lot of the time.

This thing is a bloody marvel! Very thorough, very well programmed, and far more powerful than I could have ever imagined. The cat's finally realise that no whirling blades nor spiked hammers were going to pop out and chase them round the house, so they're warming up to it. Just turn it loose on a level , and in an hour or so it's done! Even parks itself in it's recharger base when it gets hungry. :)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

The cat's finally realise that no whirling blades nor spiked hammers were going to pop out and chase them round the house,

what fun is it then???

" Never knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that"

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

I finally bought a new vacuum cleaner, one of the bagless type with the filter. Well to my discouragement, when it gets too much in the cannister or gets too hot, the dang thing shuts off for 30 minutes. I'm like, 'what the f**k! I have less than a small amount to clean...arrgghhh....but man does that thing suck! I've had to empty the cannister almost everytime I'm through vacuuming! Gee it even looks like the carpet is clean now!

I'm afraid one of those Roomba's would scare the hell out of the cats and I'd never see them again except under the bed. They are already scared of a regular vacuum and run and hide. :huh:

Ditto on the Ipod. I have a 1st generation version, and it still works great.

Speaking of Roombas, I don't recall the name of this, but Mad Jack, my parents have a lawn mower that's similar in function to the Roomba. :huh:

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

We unleashed the Roomba-beasty on my wife's sewing studio. After several minutes of normal operation, we heard what sounded like the machine going through some kind of distress, then shut down with a series of beeps. We walked in to find our youngest cat, Jack Jr., proudly sitting atop the Roomba. Seems his additional weight was enough to disrupt it's operations, and it shut down.

Goofy kitties: 1

Advanced Technology: 0

Ah....

My guess is that Jack Jr. thought it was a new toy fer him... or a way to move about with the least amount o' effort....

Sounds exactly what my kitties would do...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I thought my IPod would revolutionize the way I listen to music. For awhile it did - I could listen to my movie soundtracks to my heart's content. Then my heart got pretty content and, for the most part, now I listen to the radio more than anything. Funny, that.

Same thing with my laptop - I thought it would be great to be able to connect using wireless and now that I have it - I don't use it that much. I just type from my office.

Technology always seems to be what I need (or, more accurately, want) until I get it.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

My Sidekick II. It kinda sucks as a phone, hard to hear anyone, but that's okay, cuz I hate talking on the phone. But it's my address book, my calendar, photo album, camera, web browser, memo book, it's even got a little flashlight! I have Tetris, Pacman, Soduko, Mahjong, some rocket game and a paint program. I could have a few more games or apps, too, if I wanted them. I just have to get a solar charger for beach days, and I'm good.

The telephone. My familly is over 300 miles away and so are most of my friends. My father doesn't own a computer and my sisters don't use theirs. Also, once I have the surgery on my right hand I don't know if I'll have much typing skills for the first few weeks so the desk top may be of little use. SO for now, i can't do without my phone.

My cell phone is my ONLY phone.

same here silkie! and my husband has his own, so there are two numbers to reach us. and it costsme a lot less than any landline ever cost me.

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

An update on the amazing vacuuming robot - the cats have learned to love it, because it's whirling brush kicks out all the toys they's managed to lose under furniture, so they stalk it as it goes about it's chores. The biggest problem is my wife, who's hell-bent on interfering with this newfangled technology. She thinks it can't possibly clean as effectively as it actually does, and I have to make sure she doesn't try and steer the bloody beast and disrupt its room-mapping protocols. :lol:

She feels unneeded. Just explain to her that all things that run on batteries don't necessarily replace the real thing. <_<

Oh, she knows that one. I've made it abundantly clear. :angry:

She's learning to like the robot, as it gives her more time to sew and expand her knowledge of fabric arts. :)

My cell phone is my ONLY phone.

ditto

same here but i could live without it...

I need my computer though

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

the internet - i go through withdrawal agony when i can't get online for any given period of time! :lol:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire