Any pirate events in June in So. California?

Bosun Carmina

Sea Wolf and I will be travelling to So. California fer the premiere of POTC2, and we wondered if there are any pirate or sea-related activities going on the week that we will be there? We will arrive on June 21st and fly back on June 28th. We plan to drive down to visit the San Diego Maritime Museum.

Can't help ye there. shipmate: but here's something more local and sooner. In late April - early May, Lake Charles, LA generally hosts something called Buccaneer Days: a pastiche of Lafitte's time on Galveston. Fun, albeit totally silly and unhistorical. Includes a motor-launch attack by the pirates and a futile attempt by the town militia to drive them away. The pirates always win! Jan and I went there in 2003.

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

The Cutthroats of Corona Golden Age of Piracy Faire will be June 24-25 in Corona, CA. Last year it was in late August with tempetures of 108-104 degrees fahrenheit , hence the name Corona Hell. :unsure: It is hoped that it will cooler in June than August but Corona is semi-arid desert so it may not be. Still hope springs eternal. :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Compared to heat here in Mobile in summer, Corona heat will be a cake walk! That will work out perfectly, too, as we will be staying with me brother up at Lake Arrowhead! That will be an easy drive!

And we plan on hittin' the Lake Charles event in April! I hear they have a car show, too, and me friend Sea Wolf has a '58 Chevy Biscayne we could enter!