Declare sumthin' about yerself that no one knows

CaptainCiaran

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm... aye, Bess.

I've not had much of an eye for boys, guys, or even men for a matter of fact. However, a Gentleman or a Gentleman Scoundrel... they always attract my attention. Though, unfortunately so few... and so much the fewer round my vicinity. :D

But I agree with Christine. Boyfriend seems so High School. I usually refer to male friends of Gents, friends or Gentlemen friend of mine. More than likely I keep secrets from m' family... tellin' them about gents I know and they think he's going to be my Husband and awaitin' for those wedding bells!! :: cringes and screams:: they are tabboo I tell ya! Not a word to them at all.

:D

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Those lucky few!  :D

(I can't help myself... I just gotta add to that...)

... who survived!

:D

(GASP!!)

Ahhhh... you peeked! :D

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Call him what you wish... I'd use "lucky"...

But FWIW... Since "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" are almost universally accepted as "the significant other that I am dating", to hear someone say "guyfriend" makes it sounds like you don't like him enough to keep him, and he'll do till something better comes along.....

But, he yours so call him what you like!

Do you like being called "female friend", gal-pal", "chic-mate" "gal friend" instead of girlfriend????

Just curious

GoF

Nope, all those names don't bother me. I have been referred to as girlfriend as well. But then again, I'm not normal either-lol! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

one of the best things about ren fairs and medieval fests and the celtic fling....... are the MEN IN KILTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

i got my official kilt inspector shirt for the tartan terrors (north america's premier celtic comedy troupe) who also happen to be friends of mine.

IWG #3057 - Local 9

Just for the record, I'm the one who started the "Kilt Inspector" bit many years ago. I came up with it and told Jamiaca Rose of No Quarter Given, and she started putting it on buttons. The next thing I knew is seeing it on shirts, and things.

Mmm... aye, Bess.

I've not had much of an eye for boys, guys, or even men for a matter of fact. However, a Gentleman or a Gentleman Scoundrel... they always attract my attention. Though, unfortunately so few... and so much the fewer round my vicinity. :lol:

But I agree with Christine. Boyfriend seems so High School. I usually refer to male friends of Gents, friends or Gentlemen friend of mine. More than likely I keep secrets from m' family... tellin' them about gents I know and they think he's going to be my Husband and awaitin' for those wedding bells!! :: cringes and screams:: they are tabboo I tell ya! Not a word to them at all.

:lol:

Lady Barbossa did you call?

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

I dont have that problem. Then again the hosue I grew up in was built on top of a old graveyard.

" Never knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that"

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

Rumba... there have been MANY times I wanted to check for a Blue Ribbon. I possibly had a chance a couple years ago and didn't know it when during a re-enactment during a battle, I was a "molly" on the field, craddling and caring for a wounded young "lad"... they young "lad" was about to be bayoneted but I threw my body over the poor wounded soul and cried mercy to spare the "lad"... it worked but I was taken off with to the bushes to be "dealt" with... :lol::D:ph34r: THAT was a riot and a half! As we tried not to laugh and tried to quietly talk during his slaps and punches into his fist and my cried and yells and whimpers... while the cars were passing by on the highway people driving by gawking at us all weird like wondering what the hell was going on... Oh, what a riot...

I walked away from behind the bushed trying not to smile or laugh, I roughed up my hair etc...

But one of the ladies at the event asked me if I got his blue ribbon as a soveiner. My mouth dropped and I was beside myslf bummed cause I didn't know they actually had them on! I KNOW that these guys int he 42nd Highlander Grenadier Regt go regimental! :) :ph34r:

oh, I am still a wee bummed that I didn't take his blue ribbon as a sovenier... ::le sigh::

Jill... I know your feeling, m'dear! & OH, what a grand time it is to be around gents in kilts! Though, no steady beau yet... and I dare pray that he at least have a kilt and brave enough to wear one.

and Arthur... I KNOW YOU WOULD! :D

I really cannot agrue against a gent in a kilt who is regimental! :D

:::Le sigh::: ahhh... a weak spot with me... men in kilts. :D

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I would love to own a kilt to wear to the bar or festivals.

(makes note to start saving doubloons fer such)

Here in North Carolina, there is a decent-sized population of those of us who descended from the Scots. The famous lass Flora Macdonald (ye know the one who saved Bonny Prince Charlie) once lived in our faire state. So with many descendants here, ye regularly see the menfolk in their kilts, squeezing on their bagpipes, at festivals.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

i'll get matt in a kilt yet!

two of my sons have ancestral ties to the stuarts, as in mary queen of scots, they descended from clan buchanan. my boys (though only one would probably ever do it) would wear the stuart plaid which is one of the most well-known.

IWG #3057 - Local 9