Home Remodeling

King's Pyrate

I'm lookin for railing like the pic..

o_sthse2300.jpg

Don't know where you can find one already built. I found the balasters at Home Depot. They are exterior and I will keep looking for interior ones that I can stain or apply spar varnish to...they would look much better than the treated ones. and I will build the rest of the rail......you might try that.

Hmmm? I go to Home depot periodically for Oak Carriage parts. An interior "Mr.Spindle" may be hard to find.

There is a cabinet maker in my town that has a wood lathe.

It may behove you to look for a cabinet maker in your locale that can turn something for you that you like then use a copier (A simple instrument most wood workers have) that follows the line of the original to knock out doops for the rest.

With this method you could get something youd really enjoy for years and may be able to get it in a wood and a price that might work well for your project.

Its also possible they may have access to a line not found in a place like Home Depot since a cabinet maker primarily deals with interior design.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

spindles Larger sizes are available, click on "custom orders" One question to the skillful here... What kinda wood would have been used on a gallion (GAOP). Would that be oak?

Thanks for the Idea.. :) Eyes thinks I'll go this way ifen researchin can't find cheaper. This is for the deck area that I'm workin on - as hobby to be to pirates cove. the railin will go along the walls

deck area

deck area 2

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

spindles Larger sizes are available, click on "custom orders" One question to the skillful here... What kinda wood would have been used on a gallion (GAOP). Would that be oak?

Thanks for the Idea.. :) Eyes thinks I'll go this way ifen researchin can't find cheaper. This is for the deck area that I'm workin on - as hobby to be to pirates cove. the railin will go along the walls

deck area

deck area 2

I'd like to see your progress photos as you go through the project...such a Great Deck to start with.

Hmmm? I go to Home depot periodically for Oak Carriage parts. An interior "Mr.Spindle" may be hard to find.

There is a cabinet maker in my town that has a wood lathe.

It may behove you to look for a cabinet maker in your locale that can turn something for you that you like then use a copier (A simple instrument most wood workers have) that follows the line of the original to knock out doops for the rest.

With this method you could get something youd really enjoy for years and may be able to get it in a wood and a price that might work well for your project.

Its also possible they may have access to a line not found in a place like Home Depot since a cabinet maker primarily deals with interior design.

I blew that one...don't know what I was thinking...I looked up ballaster and it is a fellow who supplies ballast for ships......sometime I just juggle too much data....lol.....sorry bout that.

I blew that one...don't know what I was thinking...I looked up ballaster and it is a fellow who supplies ballast for ships......sometime I just juggle too much data....lol.....sorry bout that.

I do not think that word means what you think it means. Perhaps the word you want is "bannister".

--Cap'n Bob

Aye...

Ye be near t' correct, Capt'n Bob....

I believes the word ye require be "baluster" what they be callin' the closely spaced supports fer a railin'......

Best o' luck in yer venture......twill be grande when she's finished!

Fair Winds....

~Foxmorton

Aye...

Ye be near t' correct, Capt'n Bob....

I believes the word ye require be "baluster" what they be callin' the closely spaced supports fer a railin'......

Best o' luck in yer venture......twill be grande when she's finished!

Fair Winds....

~Foxmorton

There ye goes.....I feel much better now!....lol....Too many words sound similar yet spell different and have varied meanings...It is hard ta be a writer for a fellow who quit high school and ran away to sea....and lord forbid if'n ye ever adds the wrong word ta spell check....it just sails around your pc forever waiting ta catch a chance ta slip the wrong word into yer story....lol....Thank goodness for editors.

Thank You again for set'n me on the proper course.

KP

Last week I took my wife, Chris, With me to speak to a 7th grade English Class about piracy.....Had lots of Fun and she enjoyed herself.....That night I walked up behind her and she was singing Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me.....we laughed and later she said. "Since we have to repair the termite damage to the kitchen, why don't we just make the house look like the inside of a ship...oooooooo I'm in heaven.

So today I bought some of the first items for the remodeling job.

Canon shot one: http://josephlosteen.com/plunder/canon01300.jpg

Canon shot two: http://josephlosteen.com/plunder/canon02250.jpg

Copper port and starboard lights: http://josephlosteen.com/plunder/lights300.jpg

Here is one concept of the south end of the family room o_sthse2300.jpg

We figure we only life one life, why should we live it the way other people think we should live......I'll keep you posted on this long process.

Fair Winds

King's Pyrate

Yesterday I went back to where I bought the canon and while I was talking to the manager of the store his father came up to join us....since I had talked to him in the past about the concrete yard canons he makes.....I told him I had bought one of his replica canons...the wooden one I told him...he got excited and told me this story of the canon...seems he had picked it up from the Lightner Museum....They used to wheel it out front to lure in the tourist......Guess that makes me the proud owner of a former museum artifact...lol.....anyway I am happy with it and it is light enough to take to book signings....I'll find out soon enough. I plan on taking it to a book signing at the Ormond Beach Book Bash 2, April 8th at the Casements on East Granada Blvd.......If you NE Floridians happen by look for the tent with the pirate flag and ship's canon...lol

Fair Winds

KP