Home Remodeling

King's Pyrate

Last week I took my wife, Chris, With me to speak to a 7th grade English Class about piracy.....Had lots of Fun and she enjoyed herself.....That night I walked up behind her and she was singing Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me.....we laughed and later she said. "Since we have to repair the termite damage to the kitchen, why don't we just make the house look like the inside of a ship...oooooooo I'm in heaven.

So today I bought some of the first items for the remodeling job.

Canon shot one: http://josephlosteen.com/plunder/canon01300.jpg

Canon shot two: http://josephlosteen.com/plunder/canon02250.jpg

Copper port and starboard lights: http://josephlosteen.com/plunder/lights300.jpg

Here is one concept of the south end of the family room o_sthse2300.jpg

We figure we only life one life, why should we live it the way other people think we should live......I'll keep you posted on this long process.

Fair Winds

King's Pyrate

Very nice!

Diosa and I can't wait to build our pirate residence. We think the same way. We want a pond in the backyard with a dock that circles it with facades of period homes, taverns and shops.

They will fold back and down and anchor for hurricanes... Always thinking ahead.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Hee hee hee! I was trying to figure out it the cannons were part of the remodelling or the means by which you do the remodelling! :blink:

Bob and I have a plan too. We want to build a 17th century manor house -- post and beam construction and cruck built. God bless the Amish! I want the inside to be white with oak beams so that we can have very modern furniture usually and then take it out and bring in the 17th century oak tressle tables for parties. :lol:

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

Very nice!

Diosa and I can't wait to build our pirate residence. We think the same way. We want a pond in the backyard with a dock that circles it with facades of period homes, taverns and shops.

They will fold back and down and anchor for hurricanes... Always thinking ahead.

-- Hurricane

I thought about doing the yard sometime in the future similar to your plans....what a wonderful place to play......

My first thought on the interior was to duplicate a ship's below deck but have since rethought and want not duplicate the ship but give it a feel of a ship without making it claustrophobic....I'm still sketching different ideas.....waiting on the tax return check...lol

You are right about tying down everything outside....I still have a flattened tiki hut from the last hurricane to haul off.....been waiting on a good freeze so I don't reach into the pile and grab a snake...yuck!

KP

Hee hee hee! I was trying to figure out it the cannons were part of the remodelling or the means by which you do the remodelling! B)

Till I find the canon's final display/resting place, I figured I could take it to book signings.....arrrrrgh!...lol

I have spent all day looking online for plans to build an "L" shaped high back tavern bench and table to replace ye o'l dining table......no luck so far.

Good luck on the house.....sounds great!

KP

Im making plans for a "pirate ship" playhouse for the Minicrew atthe new house.

" Never knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that"

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

Now I'm all jealous...

We're building a house in the not-to-distant future, and in my fevered imaginings I've been building it in a nautical vein.

Seriously doubt the finances will let us go too far in that direction, but a body can still dream, I reckon.

One of my twisted plans that is likely an actual option is the buried/sunken ship made of railroad ties for a flower garden with a mast sticking up for any climbing vegetation that comes about. The actual foliage won't be much of my own choosing, I'm sure, as the only stuff I've ever known how to grow is left over from my days of growing up on the farm - y'know, wheat, hay crops (and not the "cash crops" some of you scab'rous dogs surely thought of :lol: ).

sig2.jpg

Now I'm all jealous...

We're building a house in the not-to-distant future, and in my fevered imaginings I've been building it in a nautical vein.

Seriously doubt the finances will let us go too far in that direction, but a body can still dream, I reckon.

One of my twisted plans that is likely an actual option is the buried/sunken ship made of railroad ties for a flower garden with a mast sticking up for any climbing vegetation that comes about.  The actual foliage won't be much of my own choosing, I'm sure, as the only stuff I've ever known how to grow is left over from my days of growing up on the farm - y'know, wheat, hay crops (and not the "cash crops" some of you scab'rous dogs surely thought of  :lol: ).

Oh it don't take much to slip something in while you are building......an arch here, a room divider what looks kinda like a quarterdeck rail there...my sketch is a weatherdeck what holds a book case behind the cabin doors......not all can be slipped by as purpose built ship design but a good pirate should be able to slip in some nautical things that you can enjoy...

Luck to ye.

KP

pirateflag1.gif

I have spent all day looking online for plans to build an "L" shaped high back tavern bench and table to replace ye o'l dining table......no luck so far.

Good luck on the house.....sounds great!

KP

KP, Let me know when and where you find the "L" shaped high back tavern bench. I want to build a couple of them for our basement when we turn it into a tavern.

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

KP, Let me know when and where you find the "L" shaped high back tavern bench. I want to build a couple of them for our basement when we turn it into a tavern.

Still no luck Cheryl...I may have to make them from memory......lol...not from the GAOP but there used to be a tavern here in St. Augustine called the Spanish Armada that had those high back benches and tables.....then again I am thinking about building the backs of them as if they were up against a ship's rail, a bit different that the high ones but the same idea.....if I run into a pattern I'll let ye know!

KP

That's terrific King's Pyrate! I wish I could do something like that, but I don't think the management here would appreciate my fine taste in the Jolly Roger rum barrel. :rolleyes:

Speaking of Rum barrels....I located two but they are 50 gallons.....much to over whelming for my abode....need to find a couple of 10 or 20 gallon barrels.

KP

We just bought a new house, and while not looking like a ship, the living room is Pirate decor, just painted it last weekend. A very nice dark gray with blue tones to it. We have Chests, Maps, Flags and swords everywhere.

Perhaps you might have a chance to post a few photos. I'd like to take a look at your place.

KP

My office is a captain's cabin. I'm still in the Bahamas, but return home Saturday, so maybe I can post some pics. Might give you some ideas. BB

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

I've been helping my friend decorate her living room in island caribbean style. We are acquiring pictures with the ocean and palm trees and adding rattan accents.

For my own house, I look for period looking furniture and accessories. It hasn't been that difficult even considering I live in the middle of the desert. It turns out I had a perchant for the english colonial style all along and just needed to round it out to turn it pirate.

So speaking of styles, the cannon is lovely but I think you need to upgrade those pink and blue recliners. May I suggest the wing backed recliner from la-z-boy. Such as the Drake or

The Drake Recliner

Perhaps the Washington instead

The Washington

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I've been helping my friend decorate her living room in island caribbean style. We are acquiring pictures with the ocean and palm trees and adding rattan accents.

For my own house, I look for period looking furniture and accessories. It hasn't been that difficult even considering I live in the middle of the desert. It turns out I had a perchant for the english colonial style all along and just needed to round it out to turn it pirate.

So speaking of styles, the cannon is lovely but I think you need to upgrade those pink and blue recliners. May I suggest the wing backed recliner from la-z-boy. Such as the Drake or

The Drake Recliner

Perhaps the Washington instead

The Washington

The recliners are going to the kids....all three haven't used them in years....besides need the space for the bow.....lol

We wanted to do a Pirate Captain's Cabin for the bedroom, but aswe live in an apartment, we had to settle for the Pirate Bathroom.

It started when our cat decided that toilet paper was the best toy ever and we bought a small wooden chest to put it in. Now we've got fishnetting (and a plastic lobster) hanging from the ceiling, glass globes suspended from the corners and a carved toucan!

And of course our pirate devil ducky for the bath...

Its my favorite room!

Iphi B)

ps: the fish net came from Mexico. It was actual used netting from the fishing industry there that we found in a kistch shop, and Whew! it was fragrant when we opened the bag! Hehe....

I'm lookin for railing like the pic..

o_sthse2300.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."