Does ANYone remember Danger Island?

dasNdanger

I was just thinking about Danger Island today, and wondered if any of you piratey sorts remembered this one-season kiddie show. It aired on the Banana Splits show waaaaay back in '68/69...when I was just a weeeee lass, and it's probably the reason I've always had a fascination with pirates...

Danger Island

Dang - wish I could watch it again, for old times' sake...

das

Don't know if it's still valid, but here's a place to get the tapes...http://www.coolstufftoys.com/bananasplits.html

Boomerang used to have the Banana Splits.

Jean Michael Vincent was in it... probably the best thing he did. :)

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Was there someone now famous then working on the Danger Island portion... like Renny Harlan or someone known for action movies?

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

• 3 weeks later...
Bananna Splits, H.R. Puffinstuff, The Bugaloos,.....Hoooo boy! An I thought alla those memories went "up in smoke" years ago! Tellin of ar ages are we? Yes, I still remember, and many more.

Capt. Bo

Erm...and what about Hatville? Aye, the memory is fogged a tad, but that one does spring to mind. Amazin' some of the same kiddie shows I remember watching, as well as me Husband who were born and reared across the pond in England!

Cheers! :angry:

"Don't worry, it's not My Blood!"

HATVILLE! Yes I do remember that one too! Weren't H.R. Puffinstuff and The Bugaloos both filmed in England? I so enjoyed those Saturday mornings watching with my sister. We are descendants of the Boone family from Devon and near Exeter, that is famous for Daniel Boone. We are from the lineage of Daniel's uncle Joseph Boone. My sister has gone "home" to visit twice, and been once to Ireland, But I won't fly since an accident while in the Navy. It isn't the flying that bothers me... it's crashin' and burnin' that gives me the willies!

Capt. Bo

Lidsville. That is where the dragon H.R.Puffinstuff lived, and Jimmy, played by Jack Wild (recently deceased), the talking flute, Witcheypoo, and Charles Nelson Reily as ...? What was his characters name?

It is amazing what I can remember from when i was a kid but I can't remember that I have a load of wet laundry in the washer until go down to put in another! Go figure.

LIDSVILLE... that was the name of the program, not HATSVILLE! Thanx Silkie! But that wasn't where Mayor H.R. Puffinstuff lived. Memory doesn't serve me well after living the biker life all these years, but I'm certain they were seperate of each other. I can remember part of the theme from Lidsville, and also most of the Puffinstuff theme. Charles Nelson Riley I remember best from the Bic Bananna Ink Crayon commercials he did that usually aired between the shows.

How about Speed Racer, Johnny Socko, and Ultra Man? Any of you other 40 somethings remember those Japanese shows?

Capt. Bo

"Kimba" the white lion.

And now that you say it Bo, I think they were both done by the Croft brothers. In addition, I just read that the character of Witchiepoo from Puffinstuff and Wennie the Genie from Lidsville were played by the same woman ...hence the confusion in my once young mind.

Yeah... I couldn't resist... I went and googled H.R. Puffinstuff and it's all there, C.N. Riley played "Hoodoo" the magician AND his evil twin "Bruce", and yes Witchiepoo also played the genie, and Eddie Munster was the kid in Lidsville. Also, yes they were both creations of Sid and Marty Kroft. Lots of cool stuff out there, "Mama" Cass Elliot was Witch Hazel on Puffinstuff. The really bad part of this thread is that I'll be spending a small fortune to order the DVD's of these old shows to show my stepkids, ( 5 & 7 yrs. old), well, thats the excuse I'm going to use and I'm stickin to it! :)

Oh yeah, Puffinstuff was mayor of Living Island. I remember they also made a feature length film out of it, I went to the theater in my home town to see it, and I think I still have the 45rpm soundtrack that I ordered from a cereal box. I also had a plastic "Freddy" that I saved up boxtops for. Now that we got this nostalgia thread going, I can officially enter my 44th childhood!

Capt. Bo

I dunno... I think anyone who claims to have been "traumatized" by Saturday morning TV shows was screwed up from the git-go, or started droppin LSD in the 2nd or 3rd grade! :)

Could be that I was disturbed though... I loved them old shows. 'Course nuthin' scared me but them damn flyin' monkeys on the Wizard of OZ! Those was some SCARY muthas! :lol:

Capt. Bo

I didn't know Jack Wilde had died. How sad. :lol:

Let's see there was HR Puffinstuff, Lidsville, the Bugaloos, and another one with the sea monsters (forgot the name). All those were Kroft productions.

For the "Japan-imation" I remember Kimba and Speed Racer but my favorite show by far was the Hanna-Barbara "Johnny Quest". I loved the detail of the animation (still do, in fact). :D

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I always liked johnny quest also. Sigmund and the Sea Monsters.

http://www.70slivekidvid.com/satsm.htm

I forgot Johnny Whittiker was in that.

Can anyone else recal a japanese one something like "Aqua Boy". I recall a kid in a wet suite who would pop a stick of gum in his mouth and could breath under water.

Silkie yer thinking of "Marine boy"

Its Marine Boy, Brave and Free!

Fighting evil 'neath the sea.

He is a boy, a very special boy