I've been listenin' t'this Italian band, Rhapsody, lately, and I jest be wantin' t'be bringin' 'em up. If ye like the likes o' Dragonforce, Stratovarius, or anythin' else fast an' energetic, ye'll be blown away by these guys. Here's a couple o' links:

http://www.mightyrhapsody.com - Their official site.

http://www.youtube.com/?v=Taunio9A2hs - Their video fer me favourite song by them. The image be grainy, but the music be excellent. Sorry, I can't be findin' this in downloadable formats o' any kind.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll tell my husband, he always loves finding a unknown heavy metal group. I got him Sirius Radio two years ago for his birthday and he's loving it because he's hearing some things he's not been familiar with before.

Iced Earth is a great group from Indiana if you haven't heard them I might suggest checking into www.icedearth.com Great sound. Rob Halford is their lead singer now. :)

My husband digs ManOWar, but I can't say I like them all that much. I like the older style heavy metal, Iron Maiden, Dio, etc. I like Type O Negative, but their more Goth Metal, but when Peter Steele was involved with Carnivore (sp?) they were pretty heavy.

Arr, I be fairly broad in me own metally tastes. S'ppose t'all depends on me mood. When I be want'in cheesy, I be goin' with Rhapsody an' Kamelot. However, when Captain Tall Mike Bismuth van der Bulge wants good metal, he be goin' with Masterplan, Helloween, Dio, Metal Church, and the like. Likewise, I can be settlin' with crappy metal like Mnemic and Dream Evil (the former fer extreme headbangin' and the latter fer air-guitarin', arr). Kreator be fillin' all me needs fer thrash metal, an' I really don't be puttin' Anthrax in the thrash metal category (though they be denoted as thrash metal; "thrash" just sounds like it should be attributed to good death metal).

Hahey! Any metal is good metal, from heavy to death. Folk metal, progressive and viking. Metal with battles, plunder and nordic warhammers!

Some of the ones I like:

Bathory

Ásmegin

Korpiklaani

Bloodbath

Cryptopsy

Morbid Angel

Thyrfing

Moonsorrow

Finntroll

Månegarm

Iron Maiden

Opeth

Skyforger

Cruachan.

For non metal I like:

Tenhi

Great Big Sea

Garmarna

Gjallarhorn

*Manowar are special, they are so disgusting it makes you like them! Warriors of the World unite!*

There is something so right about dancing an irish jig to a good grungy metal riff. Or a mosh pit becoming a polka pit!